Can anyone help me? Deaf/HoH Cell Friendly?

tetris911

Reaction score
So I have been having a tough time looking for a cell phone with a keypad that slides out because my old one, is dead.

My old one is basically a SAMSUNG 1927 via Android / At&T
Samsung Captivate Glide I927 Unlocked GSM Android Cell Phone, Black | Staples®

Now the problem is that I cannot switch to Tmobile because where I live the connection is VERY bad and At&t is the only one with the best connection and the deals for better for me cause I am under a large family plan. So my cell is old but I love it cause it has a keypad that slides out and it is so much faster to type with the keypad slider.

Now if I am screwed because keypads are not modern anymore, what would be the best new phone to get? I need to get the newest most updated cell out in the market today and I would love for it to be an Android and At&t most of all. None of that Apple crap cause you can do so much more with Android than Apple which is a known fact if you do yer research via google

Any help would be AWESOME and if you got any other suggestions or you think you know a cell that is similar and you love it as well, then by all means I would love to hear what you have to type. Thank you!

cheers!

So I have been having a tough time looking for a cell phone with a keypad that slides out because my old one, is dead.

My old one is basically a SAMSUNG 1927 via Android / At&T
Samsung Captivate Glide I927 Unlocked GSM Android Cell Phone, Black | Staples®

Now the problem is that I cannot switch to Tmobile because where I live the connection is VERY bad and At&t is the only one with the best connection and the deals for better for me cause I am under a large family plan. So my cell is old but I love it cause it has a keypad that slides out and it is so much faster to type with the keypad slider.

Now if I am screwed because keypads are not modern anymore, what would be the best new phone to get? I need to get the newest most updated cell out in the market today and I would love for it to be an Android and At&t most of all. None of that Apple crap cause you can do so much more with Android than Apple which is a known fact if you do yer research via google

Any help would be AWESOME and if you got any other suggestions or you think you know a cell that is similar and you love it as well, then by all means I would love to hear what you have to type. Thank you!

cheers!

Hello, fellow Android user. I currently own a ZTE X501 from Cricket, because it has the best coverage in my area, and also when I go home, as well. Now, I'm planning on upgrading to a Samsung phone this year, and I would highly recommend getting one of their products.

Sadly, I am sorry to say you are indeed screwed. Today's phones no longer have a physical keyboard, but a virtual one, and what that means you can download any keyboard you want to fit your needs and to your liking. I have one I like for my phone, and it is my primary keyboard.

I sympathy with you. You see, I recently switched from a Verizon Samsung Stratosphere to a T mobile Alcatel OneTouch Fierce. The new phone has no physical keyboard. I'm wondering why I switched. It'll get some time for me to get used to. If anything, I don't really see what is wrong with opening an account and getting an old phone with physical keyboard to use.

I sympathy with you. You see, I recently switched from a Verizon Samsung Stratosphere to a T mobile Alcatel OneTouch Fierce. The new phone has no physical keyboard. I'm wondering why I switched. It'll get some time for me to get used to. If anything, I don't really see what is wrong with opening an account and getting an old phone with physical keyboard to use.

Oh the memories of making typos with a new phone. It took me a good 2-3 months to get used to it, and for the most part, I find it's easier to use it sideways with both thumbs than with one hand-- you can do a lot more that way.

I purposely picked Samsung Epic 4G because of it's physical keyboard. Really? They aren't making physical keyboards anymore? People hate them that much for them to stop making it??

Blackberry still sells cellphones with a physical keyboard, but I haven't found one under AT&T except the Z10 model which is the smartphone that has a virtual board.....

Laura

I purposely picked Samsung Epic 4G because of it's physical keyboard. Really? They aren't making physical keyboards anymore? People hate them that much for them to stop making it??

Yeah, they do. Installing a physical keyboard costs money and labor. Not putting one in SAVES them that money to make better improvements to a smartphone.

Blackberry still sells cellphones with a physical keyboard, but I haven't found one under AT&T except the Z10 model which is the smartphone that has a virtual board.....

Laura

Well, yeah. They gotta keep up, you know, or their boat would sink. Anyways, I'm pretty sure we'll see lots more smartphone styles this year.

Get any Android phone, plus this..

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Keyboard-Android-Smartphone/dp/B0043862N4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388724974&sr=8-3&keywords=bluetooth+keyboard+for+android+phone]Amazon.com : Mini Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for iPad/iPhone 4.0 OS/Android/Window Mobile/Symbian Smartphone : Computer Keyboards : Computers & Accessories[/ame]

Hello, fellow Android user. I currently own a ZTE X501 from Cricket, because it has the best coverage in my area, and also when I go home, as well. Now, I'm planning on upgrading to a Samsung phone this year, and I would highly recommend getting one of their products.

Sadly, I am sorry to say you are indeed screwed. Today's phones no longer have a physical keyboard, but a virtual one, and what that means you can download any keyboard you want to fit your needs and to your liking. I have one I like for my phone, and it is my primary keyboard.

darn it! I knew I would be screwed because I can see why companies are ditching the keypad/keyboard stuff but I type so much faster with a keypad/keyboard than using a touchscreen keypad but it looks like I need to just get with the times. *sigh* oh well, thanks for the reply though.

Laura
I tried the blackberry phones and it was ok, just really wasn't my thing but thanks for the suggestion.

oh wow! thanks for linking this, looks like I will just buy the newest android cell I can get and buy that bluetooth wireless keyboard. Seriously thanks for bringing this up, you pretty much just saved me from buying a phone I may end up not liking! Cheers!

mods if you read this, you can close this thread!

The Blackberry Q10 has a physical keyboard ... if your provider can get the Z10 they should also be able to get the Q10.

The Droid 4 has a physical keyboard, but, unfortunately, it's only available or was available for Verizon. There's rumors of a Droid 5 but they are just rumors.

Back