Do you like camping?

• Yes

Votes: 45 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Sorta

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
I love Camping. I have an 8 man tent that is easy to set up and take down. I also use an air mattress and sleeping bags.

There is a place in Alabama that I really enjoy camping at, its in the wild and its on top of a mountain called Cherokee Rock Village. Absolutely no facilities.

I bring pre-wrapped "hobos" for the camp fire.

air mattress prevents that.

In my head, camping is a sleeping bag and some beer!? What else do you really need? A campfire and some marshmallows maybe? If I am going to bring an air mattress I might as well bring all the other things I need.:lol:

In my head, camping is a sleeping bag and some beer!? What else do you really need? A campfire and some marshmallows maybe? If I am going to bring an air mattress I might as well bring all the other things I need.:lol:

and me :cool2:

The most simple camping I have done is when I went hiking with friends. We had our backpacks

We used palmetto limbs to shelter is from the dew and unrolled our sleeping bag underneath. The bathroom was digging a hole behind the bush.

Another friend chopped down a palm tree so we would have some swamp cabbage to eat.

Bathed in the creek with a bar of Irish spring. :lol:

Best kind of camping. It truly test your survival skills. Even it was only for three nights.

I have been in situations without the air mattress. When I am, I gather lots of pine straw and pad underneath the tent floor. It isn't perfect, but it helps ... especially when theres that one rock you missed :)

I have been in situations without the air mattress. When I am, I gather lots of pine straw and pad underneath the tent floor. It isn't perfect, but it helps ... especially when theres that one rock you missed :)

that's why you were supposed to clear the ground first before you set the tent lol... kinda like what the dog does all the time before it sleeps :lol:

and yea sometimes there are some rocks that cannot be removed so I just simply throw some dirt or whatever to soften it.

I want to make sure with you that we're on same page. Air mattress.... this is what I called as air mattress -

99689_blu.jpg

not this one....
69827_gre.jpg

so yea that's the air mattress I disliked... when I sleep on it - it's uneven and inconsistent. I like this one - a foam mattress (aka yoga pad)

40785_yel.jpg

if space is an issue... I go with air mattress.

I like the egg crate foam pads too, when I use the one in second picture, I fill it with air until its nearly about to burst. In my tent, there is plenty of room for it, the center of the tent you can stand straight up. I use this as my base camp when I go hiking.

For hiking, I carry a camp hammock, rope and tarp and stakes.

btw -I found some online info on my favorite camping spot.

http://www.roamschool.com/Alabama/cherokee.html

Ahhh camping. It is one of my favorite things to do. But I am one of the die hard backcountry campers. If I can't carry it its not coming. One of my dreams is to hike the Appalachian Trail in one trip. For now I stick with places like Archers Fork Trail in Wayne National Forest cause I am not physically or financially ready for a 2,175 mile/6 month trip.

I voted 'Sorta'. I like camping well enough for two or three days at a time. Then I like going home and washing everything and sleeping in my own bed, lol. We are going camping this summer down on the shoreline for three days, which is quite enough for me-long enough to enjoy it, short enough to not get nuts : )

The most primitive camping I ever experienced was back in my younger days. Me and my uncle and about 8 other guys went on a trip to West virginia in late january. WE hiked 20 miles in a week stopping at sporadic " campgrounds" these grounds had multiple (3) sided buildings we slept in with our sleeping bags. That was quite an experience to say the least. I learned that you stay warmer whilst camping in the winter with less clothing than you do bundeling up to the max. The theroy is if u sweat it will freeze and make u colder than you would have been with minimal clothing. It was a memory for the books.

We went camping last month...it was fun but never again to rent a pop up camper....too much work and you cannot throw a lot of things in there... no bathroom, and have to walk to bathroom at 3 am ugh! So we are thinking about buy used RV trailer and can throw as much as we wanted in there! LOL! We'll see if we really buy it or not.

Kids had fun camping....of course they get dirty! HA! :) Boys!

Love to camp.. been to too many to remember along California coast.. 2 day camp ill tent, a week then it's the trailer..perfect to fish, abalone dive, dirt biking.. big fire and glorious sky of diamonds. When u work hard u gotta get out!! How else stay sane? To those who didn't like it... Sorry but maybe had wrong guide, or location?

I just discover there's a zipline for campers/hikers. Now I can't wait to camp there!! I miss camping so much!

Back