Came across this Pro-Deaf motto on internet...

VamPyroX,

Please keep your comments positive. :)

EyesBlueDeaf
Thank you for the website link. :gpost:

I was doing a search on Yahoo images and that is what came up so I posted that picture. :thumb: :)

Heath said:
VamPyroX,

Please keep your comments positive. :)

EyesBlueDeaf
Thank you for the website link. :gpost:

I was doing a search on Yahoo images and that is what came up so I posted that picture. :thumb: :)

how was his comment negative?

He was being sacrastic.

It is a big deal in the Deaf community to see successful Deaf people.

Heath, there ya go again, assuming that Vampy's jealous of successful deaf people.

It is clear that he was asking what Success-Hi is. What is it by the way?

Tousi said:
Heath, there ya go again, assuming that Vampy's jealous of successful deaf people.

It is clear that he was asking what Success-Hi is. What is it by the way?
That's exactly what I'm asking. I don't get what "Success-Hi" means. It sounds like someone accomplished a difficult task of saying "hi". Is that it?

VamPyroX said:
That's exactly what I'm asking. I don't get what "Success-Hi" means. It sounds like someone accomplished a difficult task of saying "hi". Is that it?
You weren't the only one. I didn't know what it meant either.

Yeah, I've a feeling he doesn't know, either. Nevertheless, I'm still curious.....in case...

Is the H-I meaning "hi", like hello, or does it mean the dreaded "hearing impaired"?

Don't know; just asking. :dunno:

Reba, no it would not have meant that at all it is like saying hi to the world and they see a strong Deaf person take on jobs that people thought no, no you can't , can't etc.

As for the another comments... I know and you don't know because you have not read the website and what they have to say and how it relates to the motto okay and there is no need to be freakin' negative, man !!!!

Reba said:
Is the H-I meaning "hi", like hello, or does it mean the dreaded "hearing impaired"?

Don't know; just asking. :dunno:

http://www.ncsu.edu/meridian/win2002/512/2.html

look down about half the page.

Apparently SUCCEED was a mainstream program (Stimulating Understanding of Computational science through Collaboration Exploration Experiment and Discovery) and SUCCEED-HI is an offshoot for deaf/HOH

so the HI indeed does stand for "Hearing Impaired"

which is probably why they changed the name.

So Heath, do your research before you start accusing everyone of being ignorant and negative, k?

Okay I did not see that and I really thought it meant " Hi " not what you guys thought. That was what was on my mind and I should have read the website more carefully, I was in a hurry that afternoon and fired off a quick posting... okay guys you got me this time.

Back