calling VP using PC

rjr2006

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is possible to call VP through PC.

Viable does not work with my laptop's built in cam

I have not use Viable myself yet but I am suprised it doesn't work with your laptop built in cam. Most all webcam have a standard protocol that any video capiable software should been able to detect the webcam.

I wonder if there is another driver for your laptop cam that you need to get to make it work or it works fine on other software like Netmeeting etc?

Viable support said: This problem is due to a known problem with some Creative webcams, whose drivers claim the webcam to be available even if not connected to the PC. This causes problems with all programs trying to access the webcam (not only Viable Vision). If you ever installed a Creative webcam, we do not recommend running Viable Vision without a webcam connected to your PC.

I have my logitech notebook pro webcam and i have no problem with any webcam problem like sorenson SL, sprint, viable, oovoo, camfrog, etc.

I dont know what s kind of problem with your laptop built-in camera. :dunno:

You better contact viable support about it.
Viable.net - Support

Your laptop computer s brand name and model number?

Viable support said: This problem is due to a known problem with some Creative webcams, whose drivers claim the webcam to be available even if not connected to the PC. This causes problems with all programs trying to access the webcam (not only Viable Vision). If you ever installed a Creative webcam, we do not recommend running Viable Vision without a webcam connected to your PC.

I have my logitech notebook pro webcam and i have no problem with any webcam problem like sorenson SL, sprint, viable, oovoo, camfrog, etc.

I dont know what s kind of problem with your laptop built-in camera. :dunno:

You better contact viable support about it.
Viable.net - Support

Your laptop computer s brand name and model number?

You might want to update drivers for built in webcams. Sometime it use Logitech's brand like Acer laptop w/ built in webcam do. Also try update graphic card driver too.

My Acer laptop crashes when using HOVRS and Microsoft Netmeeting. It turned out that it's my Logitech Fusion driver that cause it. I updated to version 11.5 . finally it solved problems.

I uses Sorenson Envision SL for PC to VP chat using IP address. Two years ago, Sorenson Envision SL used to allow VP phone number to dial to deafie's VP. Later on, when I had problem trying to get thru w/ VP phone number and I called VP Technician. VP technician explained me that FCC ordered them to stop using VP phone number on Envision SL so must use IP address.
Ohh man! I'm so :pissed::pissed: .. That dang STUPID FCC screw thing up for us!! I wanted it back so it's easier to dial than using IP address by asking deafie through AIM or EMail!!!! Remmy IP address through cable or DSL are basically Dynamic (IP address changes every now and then). That's a hassle!! Oh well we have to live with it tho.

Catty

I uses Sorenson Envision SL for PC to VP chat using IP address. Two years ago, Sorenson Envision SL used to allow VP phone number to dial to deafie's VP. Later on, when I had problem trying to get thru w/ VP phone number and I called VP Technician. VP technician explained me that FCC ordered them to stop using VP phone number on Envision SL so must use IP address.
Ohh man! I'm so :pissed::pissed: .. That dang STUPID FCC screw thing up for us!! I wanted it back so it's easier to dial than using IP address by asking deafie through AIM or EMail!!!! Remmy IP address through cable or DSL are basically Dynamic (IP address changes every now and then). That's a hassle!! Oh well we have to live with it tho.

Catty

huh vp tech guy tolds you that FCC ordered, not truth

Soreson use new database server for 100Vp and 200vp, make envisoion no work. only ipaddress.

huh vp tech guy tolds you that FCC ordered, not truth

Soreson use new database server for 100Vp and 200vp, make envisoion no work. only ipaddress.

Yes it's the truth. I've spoke with Sorenson technician directly on VP. They explained that FCC ordered them to stop using phone number for Sorenson Envision SL. It struck me odd. I was thinking that FCC funds Sorenson VRS and Sorenson had ILS server for Envision SL to work with VP100 or 200 using phone number which is not VRS related so they ordered them to shut down ILS server. That's my best guess. This make more sense to me. I wish FCC be more understanding that deafie need to contact others using vp phone number instead of IP address cuz IP address changes all the time. Very few deafie have Static IP address.

Catty

You might want to update drivers for built in webcams. Sometime it use Logitech's brand like Acer laptop w/ built in webcam do. Also try update graphic card driver too.

My Acer laptop crashes when using HOVRS and Microsoft Netmeeting. It turned out that it's my Logitech Fusion driver that cause it. I updated to version 11.5 . finally it solved problems.

Catty

You got it for FREE! Why complained? Not all ISP always change the IP.

Use static IP address.

Guys,

I am running Vista 64bit with 4GB of ram, look my sic on left.

I tried with all PC VRS software, determine if apps working or not.

Rank high to low below.

1. Viable Vision, simple awesome and nice feature DVR recording while taping on VP if there are important talks or threats talks, this avi. movie play nice easy.

Pic below

2. i711 is instant classic quick calls and still use it sometimes.

3. Sprint VP 1.0 software is so-so.

4. HOVRS VideoSign 2.5 is same as Sprint VP (Sprint buy Videosign I think).

5. Sorenson EnVision SL (not working well with Vista but required installed NetMeeting but still not working and not worth time.

6. MS Netmeeting, work well with XP only, don't bother install anyway.

I am regular use VV short words for Viable Vision, I am able to call my friends 's VP-100,VP-200 and Via PC working well no problem but of course must have currently IP address use it or Screenname will do the job just like phone numbers but easier.

Dg

5. Sorenson EnVision SL (not working well with Vista but required installed NetMeeting but still not working and not worth time.
address use it or Screenname will do the job just like phone numbers but easier.

Dg

envison work fine with vista, use property, compatbility, run as win xp command.

Yes it's the truth. I've spoke with Sorenson technician directly on VP. They explained that FCC ordered them to stop using phone number for Sorenson Envision SL. It struck me odd. I was thinking that FCC funds Sorenson VRS and Sorenson had ILS server for Envision SL to work with VP100 or 200 using phone number which is not VRS related so they ordered them to shut down ILS server. That's my best guess. This make more sense to me. I wish FCC be more understanding that deafie need to contact others using vp phone number instead of IP address cuz IP address changes all the time. Very few deafie have Static IP address.

Catty

you all wrong guess infromation

FCC told Sorenon, no no no. soreson decided not to use phone numbres with envison and ldap server. simple soreson use new server name CORE not work with envison

envison work fine with vista, use property, compatbility, run as win xp command.

I check website and not sure what to believe but this one not working on my Vista 64bit might be problem but I won't need it anyway.

pix below

Dg

When you mean calling from your PC, do you mean using IP relay? You cannot access VP through IP Relay. Relay to Relay are not allowed... and yes, I know this ticks off many people... but you should be able to use your modem as a phone and be able to call VP, however you would be using your computer like a TTY - right?

Yes, Vista call "Windows Meeting Space"

For Vista
Netmeeting is no more change "Windows Meeting Space"

Click Start -> All Programs -> Windows Meeting Space

if you not find... go Start -> Setting -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or all -> mark "Windows Meeting Space" then above

Good Luck

Back