Calling OJO to VP200

RichardDeaf

Reaction score
I just got local 10 digits number for OJO few weeks ago and it has been collecting dust for long time as I use VP200 as primary VP. It was my understanding that calling non-proxy numbers should work between any 2 VPs. I am unable to call each other with new numbers.. Only thing it works is using my IP address.

Anyone have any success calling from sorenson to non-sorenson VP?

I did called from OJO to VP-200 only calling only DirectVP numbers which it only 866 numbers....not sure if it can work with Sorenson Local numbers

Hmm, I just tried that and that didn't work.. I wonders if OJO number is registered with network or not. I will have to get a hearing to call my OJO number to test.

I did called from OJO to VP-200 only calling only DirectVP numbers which it only 866 numbers....not sure if it can work with Sorenson Local numbers

What about VP -200 to VPAD or, VP-200 to someone who owns old DLink DVC 1000 (same model as VP-100) ?

Hmm, I just tried that and that didn't work.. I wonders if OJO number is registered with network or not. I will have to get a hearing to call my OJO number to test.

You should get new 10-digital number as OJO number.

I dont have VPAD, but it is supposed to work.. As for VP-100 and DVC1000, it wont work.

really?

I have DVC 1000 Videphone and Chevy57 have Sorenson VP he called me with one of the phone numbers, it works fine. What is the problem at your end?

Thats new to me. Is the DVC1000 contain customized firmware? I dont have VP-1000 anymore, I trade that for new VP200.

Off-topic: I didn't know that Australia has VRS, that's cool! I have a friend in Russia and couldnt use VRS.

really?

I have DVC 1000 Videphone and Chevy57 have Sorenson VP he called me with one of the phone numbers, it works fine. What is the problem at your end?

RichardDeaf, what is model name and number of router?

VRS has changed a lot in last 12 months - I just use them a lot, i haven't really focus on the changes.. Just wished that Sorenson would get rid/add few features - ie. horror music while dialing / transfer (i want to HEAR it rings). And they need to actual pass MY number, not sorenson's 866 #.. Just to name fews.

RichardDeaf, what is model name and number of router?

Dlink DGL-4500 (no DMZ is needed as it as router automatically assign ports when in use)

Router is not an issue here since both VP works just fine with an exception when talking between OJO/VP200 within same network when using local IP address (for testing purpose).

I just wanted to give OJO to my GF so we can chat.

I just remembered something which I did researched online.....Those who did not filled out forms related to e911 will not going to work calling from OJO to Sorenson VP but if those people did filled out the forms with e911 to keep update with home address they will give you new OJO numbers with local numbers and it should work calling from OJO to Sorenson VP using either local numbers or DirectVP numbers. It happens to few people who did not filled out the forms for e911. e911 is a emergency numbers similiar to 911 calls but more internet based to makes 911 calls online.

Did you filled out the e911 forms with SnapVRS recently?

Thats new to me. Is the DVC1000 contain customized firmware? I dont have VP-1000 anymore, I trade that for new VP200.

Off-topic: I didn't know that Australia has VRS, that's cool! I have a friend in Russia and couldnt use VRS.

We do have VRS now, they are on trial.

My Dlink DVC 1000 is mainly a old model (2003) and it is new, never opened so I used it. Chevy57 can call me with a phone number (can't say which) and it connected to my dlink fine. It doesn't have a customised firmware, it has the latest, I believe is outdated but still works, only that I can not dial phone numbers to other videophones, due to the firemware system, VP 200 can dial phone numbers, mine doesn't. But can call directly to me by phone numbers, it works - either way, IP address works too. I can only dial IP address to call a friend anywhere.

VRS has changed a lot in last 12 months - I just use them a lot, i haven't really focus on the changes.. Just wished that Sorenson would get rid/add few features - ie. horror music while dialing / transfer (i want to HEAR it rings). And they need to actual pass MY number, not sorenson's 866 #.. Just to name fews.

I think it should actually make a ringing sounds and now there is new feature that when you make a call it says, "Ringing 1.....Ringing 2.....Ringing 3...." that way it will tell you that it is actually ringing for real.

Ahh.. That might be the issue here.. OJO just emailed me that my OJO would be updating to new non-proxy numbers.. Checking the site now.

I just remembered something which I did researched online.....Those who did not filled out forms related to e911 will not going to work calling from OJO to Sorenson VP but if those people did filled out the forms with e911 to keep update with home address they will give you new OJO numbers with local numbers and it should work calling from OJO to Sorenson VP using either local numbers or DirectVP numbers. It happens to few people who did not filled out the forms for e911. e911 is a emergency numbers similiar to 911 calls but more internet based to makes 911 calls online.

It just say dialing unknown # and gave me dial-tone while calling out.

I think it should actually make a ringing sounds and now there is new feature that when you make a call it says, "Ringing 1.....Ringing 2.....Ringing 3...." that way it will tell you that it is actually ringing for real.

Ahh.. That might be the issue here.. OJO just emailed me that my OJO would be updating to new non-proxy numbers.. Checking the site now.

That is why it is important to make sure you give out address to SnapVRS for e911 because there is time limit I believed it is in June 30(?) that is when it will change with local numbers for all VRS company.

I just logged into SnapVRS and look like I am already registered.. My 911 info is there..

Dlink DGL-4500 (no DMZ is needed as it as router automatically assign ports when in use)

Router is not an issue here since both VP works just fine with an exception when talking between OJO/VP200 within same network when using local IP address (for testing purpose).

I just wanted to give OJO to my GF so we can chat.

This router is very good for games. bit costly.

Back