Caller ID

HelloKittyGal

Reaction score
Okay, so how much is Caller ID? We have a cordless phone that you can have Caller ID if activated. Please tell me the real price before you say "I don't know!" :mrgreen: The reason I asked is because I want to try the phone someday with the CI, but because I am a scaredy kitty, I haven't done that. Only talked on the phone once and did fine! A strange lady, I never met her.

HelloKittyGal said:
Okay, so how much is Caller ID? We have a cordless phone that you can have Caller ID if activated. Please tell me the real price before you say "I don't know!" :mrgreen: The reason I asked is because I want to try the phone someday with the CI, but because I am a scaredy kitty, I haven't done that. Only talked on the phone once and did fine! A strange lady, I never met her.

Well prices vary, by service provider/location/service plan, you know? I think if you really want it, you should call your phone company and ask about it. If the phone does not have built in caller id, you have to buy a device, which I think cost about 15-25 bucks, or so. As for service fee? I have to admit I dont know that one.

You can also look up your service provider online, and see if they offer anything to look at. I went to qwest (my mom's provider, as I do not have a phone line activated in the house, my 2 hearing roomies have their own cell phones) and i saw this. Again, it really all depends on what you want. :) Hope I helped. I gotta run!! :P

Just because you have caller ID doesn't always mean that it will work. It only works if you have the service so I suggest you call your local phone company and find out from them. I'm sorry to say this, but I really don't know. I've never used caller ID.

I have a Caller ID services with "Message Waiting" display on LCD. it's very older AT&T caller ID works on Voice Mail "Message Waiting" on LCD display, doesn't have a indicator lights. as I noticed the Caller ID went blank, when the Voice Mail is doing a maintenance..

Qwest "Home Choice" better cheaper than old billing system I saved $2.18 a month.

I mentioned that it has a Caller ID already built in, but it doesn't work without service which I knew from reading the booklet. I just wanted to know the price. Thanks. I will call the company or see online and ask.

I had a caller id built in my phone , all you have to do is call your phone company and tell them you have a caller id built in and they will have the service turned on for you....

Every phone companies have serveral prices on caller id services....

Oh btw, I forgot to add this....When a caller id is already built in your phone the service is more $$ than buying a caller id from your phone company....maybe your phone company wouldn't charge you that much per month....I brought a caller id from my phone company to save me money on the monthly service charge....

Last edited:
^Angel^ said:
I had a caller id built in my phone , all you have to do is call your phone company and tell them you have a caller id built in and they will have the service turned on for you....

Every phone companies have serveral prices on caller id services....

Oh btw, I forgot to add this....When a caller id is already built in your phone the service is more $$ than buying a caller id from your phone company....maybe your phone company wouldn't charge you that much per month....I brought a caller id from my phone company to save me money on the monthly service charge....
Yes, that's true. Third-party caller IDs cost more due to the complexity of the service in order for that company to accomodate that specific caller ID. If you have caller ID from AT&T and use their service, it works best. If you use a third-party caller ID, then AT&T has to adjust their services so that it will be compatible with your third-party caller ID. It can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

Back