Butch or Femme?

Vamwolf

Reaction score
Can anyone explain difference between butch and femme? I find it difficult with those labels and are ridiculous cuz for example butch mean the male role in a homosexual relationship women dress like a man as wear men 's clothes especially acting like a man but understand it has to do with hormone or other that made them that way for some reasons. And femme mean a female role in a homosexual relationship. I myself lesbian and I dont usually use those label butch or femme cuz I just being myself just find it very annoying that everytime anyone ask me if I am a femme or butch. I wear anything that made me comfortable like everyone else that I am sure that I am not only one that wear either men or women 's clothes just feel comfortable so felt it nothing to do with the label femme or butch. Whenever they asked me the question and I usually say half femme and half soft butch whatever lol. I just find it hard question to answer so it alway made me uncomfortable so wish anyone stop ask this stupid question lol unless anyone get perpective like gaydar lol. So hope if anyone can relate to this or have experience with this labels. Also if you want to tell what actually u are femme or butch and why you think that you are butch or femme. What is your opinions with butch and femme?.. thanks.. :) Hope this make sense to you?!

Vamwolf said:
Can anyone explain difference between butch and femme? I find it difficult with those labels and are ridiculous cuz for example butch mean the male role in a homosexual relationship women dress like a man as wear men 's clothes especially acting like a man but understand it has to do with hormone or other that made them that way for some reasons. And femme mean a female role in a homosexual relationship. I myself lesbian and I dont usually use those label butch or femme cuz I just being myself just find it very annoying that everytime anyone ask me if I am a femme or butch. I wear anything that made me comfortable like everyone else that I am sure that I am not only one that wear either men or women 's clothes just feel comfortable so felt it nothing to do with the label femme or butch. Whenever they asked me the question and I usually say half femme and half soft butch whatever lol. I just find it hard question to answer so it alway made me uncomfortable so wish anyone stop ask this stupid question lol unless anyone get perpective like gaydar lol. So hope if anyone can relate to this or have experience with this labels. Also if you want to tell what actually u are femme or butch and why you think that you are butch or femme. What is your opinions with butch and femme?.. thanks.. :) Hope this make sense to you?!

i know what u mean vamwolf -- i myself am a lesbian and i dont care much for labels either but if ppl do ask i answer that im soft butch altho ive been told i have some more masculine characteristics sometimes :dunno: if thats actually accurate after all i cannot really see myself on a daily basis on how i behave around others -- im just comfortable with myself as a female and loving women :D

:werd: Fly, I agree with u but for some poeple who see them selves as they are i can understand it's annoyance of who thier role is hence some would say full butch, soft butch or femme, depends on thier style, Me im a strong butch have male skills and etc. i like doing the domanince roles. its just whats natural is fine with me, it depends on my feelings. and as well as the women
u know outside we have the male feeling but when it comes to bed, I for one sometimes get all femmie and cuddle with my bed partner so it depends.

How about being crooked? hee hee. :twisted: (No offense to any GBLT community and no flaming, ok).

Oddball said:
How about being crooked? hee hee. :twisted: (No offense to any GBLT community and no flaming, ok).

:rofl: Oddball -- crooked u may LOL -- u are a known and proud faghag LOL and us 3 buddies :ily: u!!!!!

Does it mean that a butch woman not want to get pregnant, while a femme woman want to get pregnant?

ChelEler said:
Does it mean that a butch woman not want to get pregnant, while a femme woman want to get pregnant?

not always Chel -- there are some butch women that would want to be preggy

Me, I cannot STAND the whole butch/ femme thing. Why attach gender roles to loving someone? That's just really dumb.

deafdyke said:
Me, I cannot STAND the whole butch/ femme thing. Why attach gender roles to loving someone? That's just really dumb.

Deafdyke -- i agree with ur comments -- ive had a few women asking me "are u butch or femme qq" many dont ask really -- they just ask what interests i have and all that as opposed to asking abt what gender role i am/do (however way its perceived as)

Hmmm...if I were a full-on lesbian, I reckon I would be a soft butch cos I hate wearing feminine clothes...which I only reserve for special occassions. ;) I'm most comfortable in a pair of pants and t-shirt.

me, myself feel MALE inside but people look at me different. It is depend on my partner has view about me then I would accept who I am. Mostly, person I am is KIDDO toward to the bed... you better WATCH OUT! lol just joking!

MizzDeaf said:
me, myself feel MALE inside but people look at me different. It is depend on my partner has view about me then I would accept who I am. Mostly, person I am is KIDDO toward to the bed... you better WATCH OUT! lol just joking!

:wave: hiii MizzDeaf gurl!!!!! yes alot of butch women i notice says they feel more male inside their feelings and all -- no worries MizzDeaf grrl -- BE YOURSELF :D

:ily: u silly grrl :lol:

Fly Free said:
not always Chel -- there are some butch women that would want to be preggy
yeah, like my ex gf, she's butch, and she wants to have a kid more than i do so... *shrugs*

and as for the butch/femme thing, i guess i'd be labeled a femme... i dress feminine, i act feminine, but in the bedroom, i tend to take the lead role...

I agree with most of you about labels.. Some people have asked me that question too.. For me I dont really care which femme or butch to be in relationship.. As long there is a good personalities come first. Myself am butch and have male feelings inside of me since I dont like dress up like femme... and i tend to hang out w/ male friends that we have same interest in.

:wiggle:
I started BI 2 yrs ago, I got confused what i am soft butch, or femme or butch?? so I admitted yalll n yall can read abt me.. I was so embarrassed that few my friends asked me "are u BI?" I wont answer this... Then later, i followed my heart what i am inside... I changed full femme last may of this yr and I started like to have strong butch gf! hehehehe!!! Some my friends asked me, is this true are u lesbo? I FINALLY say yea, cuz of I am not embarrassed anymore.. I am SO proud myself!!!! :ily:

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with gals being femme or butch, as long as they don't exaggerate their behavior. The same goes for guys. I've seen guys who are so femme that they panic over something that even a normal gal wouldn't do.

"OMG! I broke my nail!"

"Aah! I can't carry this big thing!" (referring to a 12-pack of pop) :roll:

VamPyroX said:
I see nothing wrong with gals being femme or butch, as long as they don't exaggerate their behavior. The same goes for guys. I've seen guys who are so femme that they panic over something that even a normal gal wouldn't do.

"OMG! I broke my nail!"

That's True!!! I seen those men make a good drama. :lol:

VamPyroX said:

"OMG! I broke my nail!"

:rofl: hahaha Vampy thats true!!!! :lol: ive had those who would go the extreme over something so minor like that

hey tweetybird \o NOW ur getting the hang of this hehehe and yep ur still beautiful to me no matter weather ur Femme or Butch ur still beautiful to me :)

Back