Bush throws first pitch in Japan series baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pissing contest? Souggy, that's exactly what you are doing. I'm just maintaining the fact that Bush' arm is better than Obama when it comes to pitching a baseball. And certainly not of the girly-man type of throw, either. Besides, this is about following up on Bush' latest travel to Japan.

Only became a pissing contest when Obama was being compared to Bush.

Some people pee further, just like some people throw further-- still stupid in the end to be comparing.

Pissing contest? Souggy, that's exactly what you are doing. I'm just maintaining the fact that Bush' arm is better than Obama when it comes to pitching a baseball. And certainly not of the girly-man type of throw, either. Besides, this is about following up on Bush' latest travel to Japan.

Bush plays baseball. Obama plays basketball. You play tire-lifting. I play hockey.

I doubt you can play hockey as good as I do and I doubt I can do tire-lifting as good as you :)

The arm of a 48 year old who threw like a girl certainly cannot compete with that of Bush' arm when most men his age can't even reach home plate. By saying that they know personally men Bush' age who can certainly do better than Bush is either lying like a dog or watched one too many Trekkie episodes. Learn to separate facts from fantasies, boys.

DON'T insinuate, for even a second, that I am a liar. Your "either/or" fallacy just further proves your hypocrisy. You whine and cry if someone calls you a name, but then when we ignore you and post silly pictures because your argument is ridiculous and not even worth debating, you get bitter about being ignored and make it personal to try and bait. You're the biggest hypocrite here, nutjob.

For the record, throwing a pitch is not a herculean task. My good friend in California is 66 years old and he can hit a golf ball 250 yards. My landlord is in his 70s and he too can drive a golf ball over 200 yards; I think both of them can manage to toss a baseball 60 feet without having it hit the dirt. Even responding to you makes me feel dirty, but if you're going to bait me with fallacious reasoning and bullshit, believe me, I will respond, and I won't play nice.

Hitting a golf ball with a club does not have the same rotational movement of your arm and shoulder in a pitching fashion with a much heavier ball. Not the same thing. I golf and it's easier to hit a golf ball than to do an overhead throw being a former baseball player myself. Which is why I doubt that most men in their mid-60s would throw as easily as Bush did. If people keep active and are able to keep their body supple and firm, certainly it's possible but the mechanics of doing an overhead throw is certainly differnt

Bait? Hell, man, what's with all the trekkie stuff? You should know better and yet you try to act innocent in all this? If you didn't like the thread topic or what's being posted then why respond at all?

Next time, if you don't like a particular thread then don't bother to respond or participate. Simple as that. Not an impossible feat here.

Hitting a golf ball with a club does not have the same rotational movement of your arm and shoulder in a pitching fashion with a much heavier ball. Not the same thing. I golf and it's easier to hit a golf ball than to do an overhead throw being a former baseball player myself. Which is why I doubt that most men in their mid-60s would throw as easily as Bush did. If people keep active and are able to keep their body supple and firm, certainly it's possible but the mechanics of doing an overhead throw is certainly differnt

Bait? Hell, man, what's with all the trekkie stuff? You should know better and yet you try to act innocent in all this? If you didn't like the thread topic or what's being posted then why respond at all?

Next time, if you don't like a particular thread then don't bother to respond or participate. Simple as that. Not an impossible feat here.

most men in their 60's? Who said most men? That's not what he said. He said "I know plenty of old men who could have gotten it over the plate." I doubt Alex knows over 5,000,000 men over 60's.

Ask Mr. Crusher - he will verify the information for you. He's a pretty smart fella for his age

Cool :) It's really nice to see Bush was in another country for fun game. Thanks for the youtube video clip. 8)

Thank you very much, KM05. Yes, I think it's cool what Bush did and he has commonly threw first pitches previously many times. He did throw a first pitch at the Texas Rangers game in Texas on April 6, 2009. You can see he's a little bit off of the pitcher mound but the pitch was good. From 1984 to 1994, Bush was part owner of the Texas Rangers baseball team. He obviously enjoys doing first pitches at various games and places.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBH5NBriO1c]YouTube - GEORGE W BUSH THROWS THE FIRST PITCH AT RANGERS GAME APRIL 06 2009[/ame]

hyyyyyypppooocrrrrrriiiiiiiitttttteeeeee

(I don't have time to make a "mature" response. Have to run off to teach. Sorry. Will you wait for me when I get home? Love ya, snookums)

Thank you very much, KM05. Yes, I think it's cool what Bush did and he has commonly threw first pitches previously many times. He did throw a first pitch at the Texas Rangers game in Texas on April 6, 2009. You can see he's a little bit off of the pitcher mound but the pitch was good. From 1984 to 1994, Bush was part owner of the Texas Rangers baseball team. He obviously enjoys doing first pitches at various games and places.

YouTube - GEORGE W BUSH THROWS THE FIRST PITCH AT RANGERS GAME APRIL 06 2009

cool... which goes back to my post

Bush plays baseball. Obama plays basketball. You play tire-lifting. I play hockey.

I doubt you can play hockey as good as I do and I doubt I can do tire-lifting as good as you :)

Who cares about arm? your arm is no better than Obama, hehe.

hyyyyyypppooocrrrrrriiiiiiiitttttteeeeee

(I don't have time to make a "mature" response. Have to run off to teach. Sorry. Will you wait for me when I get home? Love ya, snookums)

So, posting Trekkie pictures are "mature" responses then? I am discussing about Bush and his first pitches.

I understand the difference between hitting a golf ball and throwing a pitch. It is still quite ridiculous that you keep assuming only someone in excellent shape can throw a ball 60 feet. Hate to break it to you, but there are plenty, PLENTY of men in there 60s who can do this. You even prove the point yourself: it's a matter of mechanics and technique, not strength. Just give it up, man.

When you say something along the lines that I am either a liar or delusional because I claim many 60 year old men can throw a baseball, THAT is baiting, pal. That's personal. The trekkie stuff is just silly interwebz not meant to be taken seriously. YOU are the the one who kept addressing me, trying to get me to join in your pissing match. What happened is that you got mad Jiro and I were ignoring your argument (and really, it is not even an argument in the first place, which is why we were poking fun at it) and made it personal. So don't pull the "oh, you don't like it, don't respond" or "don't try to act innocent" bullshit. Because it won't work on me. I teach rhetoric, and I can see through your spin from a mile away.

So, posting Trekkie pictures are "mature" responses then? I am discussing about Bush and his first pitches.

Of course they weren't mature. That was the whole friggin point, dude.

You are such a troll and you don't even know it.

"He can throw better. He can run better. He can golf better." This topic is like playground stuff. "My dad can take your dad. My President can throw a baseball better than yours." I laugh as I type. Thanks for another moment in absurd redundancy. I actually laughed at Koko's posts with no regard to our previous run-ins. This should be in a different section, but I still like it. Way to go Koko! Finally, a sense of humor emerges. I might have to add him back to full readership soon.
No, I am not trying to troll. I can think of no other reply to this thing; amazed it still flourishes!

Ah, that's better! :D I can see him clearly that was where he stood. In Japan, it's kinda of hard to see Bush in a long distance. Yeah, his pitch looks pretty good shot. Cheers to him! :)

EDIT: Oh, and your very welcome. :)

The word "plenty" is certainly different from "most" as in most men cannot while plenty can still do it. Even Bush Sr couldn't quite do it since he didn't have that "pitcher" arm, so to speak, when he threw his first pitch which went badly. But for GW Bush when he threw his first pitch soon after 9/11 you could see the curve in the ball's path in the second video below. Bush was only 55 while Obama was 48. The first compares Bush and Obama's throwing style.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PedKo8PhTrI]YouTube - First Pitch Breakdown[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP4keCkYHYU]YouTube - Bush vs Obama First Ceremonial Pitch[/ame]

"He can throw better. He can run better. He can golf better." This topic is like playground stuff. "My dad can take your dad. My President can throw a baseball better than yours." I laugh as I type. Thanks for another moment in absurd redundancy. I actually laughed at Koko's posts with no regard to our previous run-ins. This should be in a different section, but I still like it. Way to go Koko! Finally, a sense of humor emerges. I might have to add him back to full readership soon.
No, I am not trying to troll. I can think of no other reply to this thing; amazed it still flourishes!

Since this thread is about baseball and Bush I'm sure Obama can run circles around Bush on basketball. But this is baseball. That's his stuff.

so Obama clearly doesn't know how to throw a ball cuz he's clearly not a baseball guy like Bush. I doubt Bush can hit the golf ball like Obama or shoot the hoop like Obama. so this is nothing about age and physical fitness....

:ty: for illustrating my point.

Since this thread is about baseball and Bush I'm sure Obama can run circles around Bush on basketball. But this is baseball. That's his stuff.

right baseball is Bush's stuff so naturally - Bush is better than Obama in baseball. nothing more, nothing less.

so why get in pissing contest that Bush throws better than Obama thus Bush is a MANLY-MAN? it's like you challenging me to do tire-lifting competition and I obviously cannot do it. Not even a hummer tire. Does that make you a bigger and better man than I?

I think all the testosterone and steroids has gone to a few people's heads if they're comparing presidential pitches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back