Bush gets shoes thrown at him....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I most voiceferously echo your sentiment, Darkdog!

No need to escalate this further, honestly. I don't think Reba intended to bring any harm in her post. For some, they just didn't find it funny. Like I have witnessed this occurring in the past, all I could think about was "it's about time that happened" instead of getting an impulse to humor our soon to be ex-president.

Now when I watched the Tonight Show on it, that's a different story.

Aye, you and I find Reba one of the most well- informed posters in AD.

Personally I enjoy Reba and her logical approach in debating. She's very intelligent and wish more were like her.

I second that! :thumb:

lmaoo as i have repeating seen this shoe throwing for days now it have become funnier

ha!!!

Have you been living in a cave the past 8 years?
We have a different sense of humor.

If something similar happens on Obama's watch, I wouldn't find that funny either. I don't like to see our President (whomever it is) or our country insulted. People have the right to do it but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it as humorous.

The one good point, as others have mentioned, is that the video shows that Bush is quite spry for his age. :P

We have a different sense of humor.

If something similar happens on Obama's watch, I wouldn't find that funny either. I don't like to see our President (whomever it is) or our country insulted. People have the right to do it but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it as humorous.

The one good point, as others have mentioned, is that the video shows that Bush is quite spry for his age. :P

agreed. he's pretty cool and funny as a person...... even though he SUCKS as the President but I'd be his friend/neighbor. what makes me :laugh2: is him using awkward jokes at his expense but it's funny.

I found it amusing for the approach he took to reply to the incident. It completely goes against his usual tone when he makes speeches.

"So what if the guy threw a shoe at me?"

"It is one way to grab -- gain attention. It's like going to a political rally and having people yell at you. It's like driving down the street and have people not gesturing with all five fingers. It's a way for people to, you know, draw -- I don't know what the guy's cause is. But one thing is for certain -- he caused you to ask me a question about it. I didn't feel the least bit threatened by it.

"These journalists here were very apologetic, they were -- said, this doesn't represent the Iraqi people. But that's what happens in free societies, where people try to draw attention to themselves. And so I guess he was affected, because he caused you to say something about it. "

I think that makes me indifferent huh, I didn't laugh at the throw but I did at the speech.

Last edited:
Screw Texas. Don't mess with Vermont!

And I totally understand that people are defending Reba. I totally misstepped in my assessment. My apologies.

Screw Texas. Don't mess with Vermont!

And I totally understand that people are defending Reba. I totally misstepped in my assessment. My apologies.
Accepted. :)

Bush shoe attack spawns artwork

Bush shoe attack spawns artwork

A sculpture of an enormous bronze-coloured shoe has been erected in Iraq to honour the journalist who threw his shoes at ex-US President George W Bush.

The sofa-sized artwork was formally unveiled in Tikrit, hometown of late Iraqi ruler Saddam Hussein.

Artist Laith al-Amari insisted it was not a political work, but a "source of pride for all Iraqis".

Mr Bush managed to dodge the shoes but the man who threw them, Muntadar al-Zeidi, was arrested and awaits trial.

As he pulled off his shoes, Mr Zeidi, now 30, shouted: "This is from the widows, the orphans, and those who were killed in Iraq."

He also told Mr Bush, who launched the invasion of Iraq in 2003 and was paying a final visit to Iraq last month: "This is a farewell kiss, you dog".

Significant bush?

Mr Zeidi shot to fame as a result of his actions, which signalled extreme contempt in the Arab world, and inspired rallies across the Middle East and beyond.

Bush shoe-ing worst Arab insult

About 400 people gathered on Thursday to see the monument unveiled - a shoe on a white pedestal, about 3m (10ft) high, with a poem praising Mr Zaidi at its base, AFP said. There is also a bush sticking out of the shoe.

The sculpture stands in the gardens of an Iraqi foundation that looks after children whose parents died in the violence following the US-led invasion.

The foundation's president, Shaha al-Juburi, said the sculpture was not backed by any political party or organisation.

Since his arrest, Mr Zeidi, a TV journalist, has reportedly been beaten in custody, suffering a broken arm, broken ribs and internal bleeding.

He has been charged with aggression against a foreign head of state, and faces up to 15 years in jail if convicted. His family denies he has done anything wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7859444.stm

:lol: You should see the picture of pretty artwork shoe in that link... :lol:

Beat up and faces up to 15 years in jail over that shoe attack... :shock: Oh well...

:lol: You should see the picture of pretty artwork shoe in that link... :lol:

Beat up and faces up to 15 years in jail over that shoe attack... :shock: Oh well...

The link is not found? :dunno:

i hope the shoe that was thrown at former president bush had a high heel on it. :giggle:

i hope the shoe that was thrown at former president bush had a high heel on it. :giggle:

:giggle::laugh2:

Sorry, I forget to describe what the picture of artwork shoe look like in the link, I posted today.

This is a scuplpture of a large bronze-colored shoe with green bushes as decoration... -memorial to honor the jounalist as hero who threw his shoes at Bush.

Cops order removal of shoe-thrower monument

Iraqi officials say orphanage cannot keep artwork honoring journalist

BAGHDAD - A sculpture honoring an Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at former President George W. Bush has been removed, the director of an Iraqi orphanage said Saturday.

Fatin al-Nassiri said Iraqi police told her the statue had to be removed from the orphanage in Tikrit because government property should not be used for something with a political bias.

She said the sofa-sized statue of a shoe was taken down on Saturday after being unveiled on Thursday.

aqi journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi threw his shoes during a Dec. 14 news conference in Baghdad.

Throwing shoes at someone is a sign of extreme contempt in Arab culture.

Cops order removal of shoe-thrower monument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back