Bush and prisoner abuses in Texas and Iraq, Texas prison and Abu Ghraib are alike

AOFrozenCity

Reaction score
"Prisoner abuse in Texas, Iraq bear Similarities" - an article printed in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, May 15, 04 issue, by Jon Sawyer, Post-Dispatch Washington Bureau Chief.

Excerpt quote: "Texas case involved a video showing Missouri prisoners stripped and bitten by dogs." (Occured in Texas prison in 96')

The article drew a striking parallel to prisoner abuse in a Texas prison during Bush's tenure as Governor, in 1996, and the alleged prisoner abuses at Abu Ghraib. The similarities related to the nature of the abuses and the way they surfaced.

In 1996, a 32-minute videotape from Texas revealed black-uniformed guards storm a group of card-playing inmates. The inmates were strip-searched and forced to crawl naked down a hall. Several are jolted with an electric pod; at least three are bitten by snarling dogs.

In the recent, widely publicized, images of abuses at Abu Ghraib, prisoners were stripped naked, beaten about the head, set upon by dogs and kicked by verbally abusive guards, etc.

In both the Texas case and in Iraq's Abu Ghraib, Bush was informed of the alleged abuses early on, but said nothing publicly. It wasn't until video footage of the Texas prison abuses surfaced that Bush, then Governor of Texas, commented publicly - saying that he found the 'behavior of guards appalling'. A similar response was said by President Bush and his Administration, only after the Abu Ghraib images had circled the globe; then it became a 'damage control' issue.

(One can only wonder if the private contractor that ran the correctional facility in Texas came from the same school as those running the prison in Abu Ghraib, given the striking similarities of prisoner abuses.)

In the Texas case, Rev. Larry Rice, director of the New Life Evangelistic Center, traveled to Texas after release of the videotapes, (which are public record), and met with Bush's aides on behalf of the Missouri inmates. He said Friday he saw "tremendous parallels" between 96' Texas prisoner abuses and events at Abu Ghraib. (Excerpt from St. Louis Post-Dispatch by Jon Sawyer.)

Deaf USA for Kerry

Thats sickening... I am sure Bush bring the prison abuse from TX to Iraq.... Hes sick guy...... I hope hes outta of white house this year!!!!! He is trying to make Iraq to be "Texas"... damn it...

Bush's bogus war and claim of WMD's.

Yes, the prisoner abuses are sickening, and so is the bogus reason for being in Iraq which was based on faulty intellegence of Iraq having WMD's.

We'd better be damn sure of the validity of such a claim before launching a pre-emptive attack; and even it were true that Iraq had WMD's, a pre-emptive strike is a dangerous move when a country has never attacked us to begin with.

As it turns out, the only WMD's that the Bush White House has proven are their actions: "WMD'sx3" -
1. Weapons of Mass Destruction - when Bush used our military in a bomb raid that resulted in the death of thousands of Iraqi civilian citizens, known as the infamous "death alley" in Iraq.
2. Weapons of Mass Deception - we were deceived by our own government on the legitimacy in launching war in Iraq (Sadam was of no dire threat to us and no link to 9/11.)
3. Weapons of Mass Distortion - the reason for the pre-emtive attack that morphed from WMD's (none found); to ousting Sadam and his regime (no immediate threat to U.S.); to a "noble" war in liberating the Iraqi people (they never asked for our help).

With Bush as President, who needs enemies; another term as Commander and Chief may sink the U.S. to even greater depths of scandal and danger.

Our hope is not in Bush -- it's in the voice of the American people. We need to 'Rock the Vote' by voting Bush out of office. Go register and encourage your family and friends to do the same. Go Kerry!

I've heard somewhere that the hijackers on the planes during 9/11th were trained from saddam's army...and so that's a lie?

Yes you are right that the Iraqi citizens never begged for our help but they WANTED to...but as they would try to, they are too much under saddam's control and would proably get death threats if anyone tried to get the US to help them out, then Saddam would be as pissed as a violent and drunk bear.

But after the fall of Saddam's power, didn't you ever look at your TV that the citizens even tore down the statue of Saddam and stole expenisve shit from the Iraqi goverment and shit like that? many were cheering and drinking and holding kids in the air, and even burnt pictures of saddam everywhere, and threw shoes at the ones who support saddam and shit like that... but so you know, they were afraid to ask someone for help because they are being spied or something like that ya know?

well, it seems that, with Bush or without Bush, we can still kick saddam's ass, no matter what the cost is and just bring out liberty to the citizens who never experienced such things like that.

hope that makes sense

Something to think about since Asscrack the AG said something about the latest so-called threats.....

So time to call in Aesop and have him weave a fable to reflect the current situation of the Bushit maladministration:

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

There once was a shepherd boy who was bored as he sat on the hillside watching the village sheep. To amuse himself he took a great breath and sang out, "Wolf! Wolf! The Wolf is chasing the sheep!"

The villagers came running up the hill to help the boy drive the wolf away. But when they arrived at the top of the hill, they found no wolf. The boy laughed at the sight of their angry faces.

"Don't cry 'wolf', shepherd boy," said the villagers, "when there's no wolf!" They went grumbling back down the hill.

Later, the boy sang out again, "Wolf! Wolf! The wolf is chasing the sheep!" To his naughty delight, he watched the villagers run up the hill to help him drive the wolf away.

When the villagers saw no wolf they sternly said, "Save your frightened song for when there is really something wrong! Don't cry 'wolf' when there is NO wolf!"

But the boy just grinned and watched them go grumbling down the hill once more.

Later, he saw a REAL wolf prowling about his flock. Alarmed, he leaped to his feet and sang out as loudly as he could, "Wolf! Wolf!"

But the villagers thought he was trying to fool them again, and so they didn't come.

At sunset, everyone wondered why the shepherd boy hadn't returned to the village with their sheep. They went up the hill to find the boy. They found him weeping.

"There really was a wolf here! The flock has scattered! I cried out, "Wolf!" Why didn't you come?"

An old man tried to comfort the boy as they walked back to the village.

"We'll help you look for the lost sheep in the morning," he said, putting his arm around the youth, "Nobody believes a liar...even when he is telling the truth!"

Steel said:
I've heard somewhere that the hijackers on the planes during 9/11th were trained from saddam's army...and so that's a lie?

Iraq's involvement in 9/11 was never proven. The White House only hinted that there may be a connection.

Well, let's take that very thought; we should never go to war with the perception that there "may" be a connection. We need to be "certain" of that connection to 9/11 before risking the lives of our young men and women, most of whom are 18-21 yrs. old and fresh out of high school. The White House knew that the "possible" connection was a weak argument for war hence the claim of WMD's.

The tragedy: 800+ American lives died in Iraq, many newly enlisted, thinking we were there to remove WMD's, avenge the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks and make us safer.

The story soon changed when WMD's were never found; to save face - Bush became the "liberator"; and thousands of civilian Iraqi's along with more than 800 U.S. troops died; prisoner abuses scandalized the "noble" cause to liberate Iraq.

The struggle continues and more lives will be lost and Bush declared "mission accomplished"? Perhaps he was referring to his secret plan to oust Sadam prior to 9/11; in that case, yes, "mission accomplished".

The true story on why we went to war in Iraq will be revealed in a soon to be released documentary; the preview screening will be out in December. In addition, a documentary by Moore on 9/11 won the highest award at the film festival in France, it could be released this summer/fall. There's more to it...stay tuned.

I think, in my opinion that the Bush is tryin' to humiliate our country by makin' other countries to hate America. I've seen "anti-america" is growin' from other countries like Europe, Canada, Paris and so forth. The United States of Europe is now processin' to defeat America. The America will be decline. By the year of 2010, the Europe will be number one in the world's economy. If, that happens, then I wouldn't be surprised. America is goin' to be isolated... other foreign countries are not goin' to help our country and we are goin' to be on our own. I blame it on our government for causin' our country "weak". Bush is makin' our country to look bad for what they (abusers) did to the Iraq prisoners.
I remma one deaf man asked me, "What YOUR President's doin' in war?" I told him that I don't vote the President and I don't vote to ANY President for over 20 years. That made him quiet. Geez... Is anybody goin' to laugh at us, the Americans, eh? Is that a laughin'stock ?

It appears that Bush suffers from violent obsessive disorder since he was running for President...

Know what I just realized? There is no WMD in Iraq! We've had it all along! Know where it is? It's sitting in the office chair in the Oval Office in the White House! Yep, you got it... President George Bush! :fu:

VamPyroX said:
Know what I just realized? There is no WMD in Iraq! We've had it all along! Know where it is? It's sitting in the office chair in the Oval Office in the White House! Yep, you got it... President George Bush! :fu:

:P OMG I love you guys!

VamPyroX said:
*nodding*

no shit! >< how else would such a poor and pathetic country like Iraq be able to produce such a deadly weapon to pull out a so called threat to the US when they don't even have it all along?

Of course, back in Feburary of last year, Colin Powell who ran the speech with other forgeiners, as I can see in his eyes, he doesn't really act like he is serious about the WMD from Iraq...seems that he's pulling everyone's leg, instead.

I feel sorry for him because Bush was the one who chosen him as secrety of state, and now he's trying to make Powell look bad, as well.

Back