Bumper Stickers...

Megladon

Reaction score
Ok, lemme give you the run down of what i'm doing, and see if anyone is interested...

I'm going to make a bumpersticker for Jamie, it will say "Honk as loud as you want I'M DEAF!"

Thing is minimum order is 100, so wondering if anyone here would be interested in them at say 2 for a dollar plus shipping. It might end up being 1 for a buck, or 3 for 2... I'm not 100% sure of the pricing yet.

So, i do know that it wont cost alot, and for an extra few bucks i could put a web link on it (not that i have a website) But maybe the folks at AD would wanna chip in (cheap advertising).

So, i'm not out to make $$ from this, but being that i'm not deaf, and jamie is 1 of the few deaf people i know, i really cant think what i'd do with 99 of these bumperstickers.

If anyones interested post a reply in this thread, please do not pm me.

thx
/\/\êg£àdôñ

No thanks. I don't want EVERYONE to know that I'm deaf, because of their "beliefs." Some people would bash onto deaf people, for no apparent reason. I prefer keep my physical status private to myself.

If it's confusing to you, then look at it, would you want a bumper sticker saying that "I'm mental retarded" all over the place?

Originally posted by ChelEler
No thanks. I don't want EVERYONE to know that I'm deaf, because of their "beliefs." Some people would bash onto deaf people, for no apparent reason. I prefer keep my physical status private to myself.

If it's confusing to you, then look at it, would you want a bumper sticker saying that "I'm mental retarded" all over the place?

K, first off my post said if your interested post.... 2nd, if you cant poke fun of yourself now and then, then you have no sence of humor. As far as the retarded thing, no broadcasting that someone was retarted that wasnt aware they were wouldnt be funny, but me wearing a shirt saying "yes i'm half retarted" would be funny (stop laughing jamie). At any rate I'm not trying to demean anyone, and i just thought people would find it amusing, if you dont, my suggestion is DONT BUY 1 :)

/\/\êg£àdôñ

Megladon....
I would like one, but I do not want to put it on my car. I am kinda picky putting stickers on the OUTSIDE of my car.. I can put it inside, I am collecting stickers to put on my boring ceiling. :D *Yes, I am strange*

I guess I should say that not everyone finds humor in being deaf the way I do. My manager handed me a bead of a deer, and said "its hearing impaired!" I was confused untill I saw that one of the ears was broken off. I laughed. Granted - it was somewhat mean - but come off it - being deaf (or Deaf) is FUN! I did tell her, however, that not every deaf person would find that funny. So suck it up and get one :D

Sounds interesting -- don't know how much it'd cost to ship over a couple of bumper stickers to Australia. :P PM If you want to let me know of the costs, etc. And what the sticker'd look like and the likes.

Ta! :wave:

Megdalon, Cheleler was merely pointing out a safety issue and its a valid one and since you know practically nothing of what it means to deaf, you chose to demean her, rather than get a glimpse of what deafies go thru in life. Her post, whether solicited or not will raise red flags for some of us who hadn't thought of it and I'd consider the post a public service announcement. :D

Originally posted by Tousi
Megdalon, Cheleler was merely pointing out a safety issue and its a valid one and since you know practically nothing of what it means to deaf, you chose to demean her, rather than get a glimpse of what deafies go thru in life. Her post, whether solicited or not will raise red flags for some of us who hadn't thought of it and I'd consider the post a public service announcement. :D

Apart from giving out private addresses - i dont see a security issue. This idea was run through me - and Im the one thats deaf in this house - and I know where she's coming from. Maybe I dont have kids or a husband, but I would think I know a thing or 2 about wanting to be safe. So I dont know, I still think its a pretty cool idea. If anything, ask around about who knows me, i'd take good care of privacy issues and stuff. And also, its just an *idea* that Megladon wanted to see if anyone's interested before actually doing it. :)

Oh wow cool... I like bumper stickers!! I'm gonna get one off my boyfriend - he has a bunch of free stickers to promote his site, which is a very good idea. :) I want some funny ones, that one sounds funny!!!

Ziusudra

Bumper Sticker:
"If you see my hands flying,
it doesn't mean I'm giving you a :fu:"

:laugh2:

Pinkster, I see you missed the gist of my post. Obviously, I wasn't clear enough. Sure, I think the project is a good idea; however, what Chel meant by her post is she didn't want to have the bumper sticker on her car. That's the red flag of safety, etc I was raising. God knows the number of horror stories I've heard from deaf and other ppl with disabilities who have had sported similar bumper stickers and fell prey to all kinds of harrassment, running the gamut from insults to serious crimes against them. That's was my only point; I hope he/she sells a thousand of them but let those people, on a case by case basis, determine the wisdom of putting it on their bumper. You have a good night now.....

Last edited:
Pinkster, I see you missed the gist of my post. Obviously, I wasn't clear enough. Sure, I think the project is a good idea; however, what Chel meant by her post is she didn't want to have the bumper sticker on her car. That's the red flag of safety, etc I was raising. God knows the number of horror stories I've heard from deaf and other ppl with disabilities who have had sported similar bumper stickers and fell prey to all kinds of harrassment, running the gamut from insults to serious crimes against them. That's was my only point; I hope he/she sells a thousand of them but let those people, on a case by case basis, determine the wisdom of putting it on their bumper. You have a good night now.....

i don't think this has anything to do with your so-called "wisdom"
now,... THAT kind of wisdom you have there
is the kind that falls to the prey.

this is bullshit
if people give me shit for being deaf, then i'm willing to take that shit
cause if i weren't deaf, then i wouldn't be me.
so yeah,... think about where you should put your dues.

Ok, the way i see it, there arnt that many groups getting shit on for having stickers, i see all the time rainbow stickers on peoples cars, we all know what that means, hell 8 out of 10 women i work with have 1 of those stickers (yes meaning exactly what it means) and nothing happens to them. Sure your at a slightly increased risk of something happening, but i still think its lower then having a sticker that says "Bad cop, no doenut" When a cop pulls you over for something.

/\/\êg£àdôñ

Last time I had a bumper sticker that would give a clue that I was deaf....my camping equipment got vandalized. It happened when I was camping. My truck was parked to where people driving by would notice this bumper sticker. Many of my things were stolen too. My guess...whoever that thief was knew that I would be sleeping soundly.

I agree with complicated, and Im going to choose not to reply to the other 2 posts. Last thing I want to do is end up flaming or bashing someone - my opinion on this is like, super strong. But ok.

That's fine for you all who favor for this. Maybe it'll happen or maybe it won't happen to you, depending on where you live. If it happened, don't say that I didn't warn you.

Well, at least Pinkster and Megdalon now know that I didn't have any ulterior motive in this whole issue. It was a "an ounce of prevention's worth a pound of cure" kinda thing. Start da presses!! Hope ya sell a million of em!

Did not understand what Complicated meant--hope she will clear it up for this pea-brain here.....I sort of got the impression she meant, "challenge anybody who feks with me" sort of message. If that's right, I say its a fool's approach but whatevah floats yer boat.

Sorry but I have to agree with Tousi, SilenceGold, and Cheleler...

Good luck for you all who think this is cool.. It's not if you start thinking about various things.

Complicated -- no need to spit at people for having an opinion. Sheesh.

Brenden

Back