Bullies

pek1 said:
J,

First of all, don't hit! If you've passed your baby years, as you said you have, then there are other constructive ways of dealing with your anger. Besides, would you like one of them to either knock you over silly or file an assault charge against you? Best to think about the best way of dealing with them, as you (and I) will have them throughout our lives.

By the way, name calling is out! :nono: You can do that in private, not in public.

:gpost:

je_suis_chic said:
I would tell them to ignore it and deal.

Wow! You sound just like my parents who told me exactly the same thing, Guess what It did not work! When I put the matter in my own hands deal with it myself by punching the bully in the face, It did not help solve the problem, How the heck can you just ignored a bully? It won't go away unless you put a halt to it by going to the principal or your own parents. Both of my boys been bullied once in school, I put a halt to it by talking to the principal and it stopped right there. Bully will never stop until you put a halt to it, ignoring does nothing! Good luck with your future children, They're going to end up with difficult in school and will most likely end up cutting school. That's a lesson for you to learn now since you're still a kid. ;)

If you don't report your bully, You'll end up with Post traumatic stress disorder, It would influence your school work, your behavior most of all your self-esteem, Is it worth all this? If you just ignored the bully, The bully would know that you're too wimpy to even report the bully, You gotta stand your ground and report the bully, Let the bully get in trouble not you. Don't take matters in your own hand because you'll get in trouble too. Always have an open communication with your parents tell them how you feel if they refused to help you, then you can go do it yourself by reporting the bully to a teacher, Principal. Any bully is a power freak who wants to be in control, don't let that bully be in control, You are in control, You have the power to end this all on your own to prevent this from happening to another victims. You're be a hero after all this turns out. Trust me on this! Who wants to put with threats, taunting, violence by a bully? It's not acceptable.

I am disappointing in some parents who don't stand up for their kids. With me I'm different, I stand up for my kids all the way, Guess what? We have the best communication, they come to me with anything, They trust me that I would be there for them anytime they need me, That's what parents are for. Be a parent, be their role model, don't back out on your own kid. You'll regret it later. Take my word for it. ;)

Don't mind me, just wanted to say kudos to J for sticking up for that kid in the hallway. Bullies are cowardly, and they are just surprised if somebody fights back. Okay, I would've used words to fight back... but that wont stop me from admiring J's intentions to stand up to those bullies for others.

Adults can be valuable source for those things, too. I would find someone who has been there and survived... she or he is bound to have some gems of wisdom to share with you. There are tons of info online, such as the links Angel has posted. There are always options available, and I dont think it matters if you do things "right"... as long as you are doing the right things?

http://www.angriesout.com/ - J, you might be interested in this since you asked about anger management. It might not hurt to check it out, even if you really don't have a problem with anger... just with people being bullies.

http://www.bullyonline.org - lotsa info about effects and causes of bullying, more of a huge resource to browse through.

je_suis_chic said:
my advice is get over it. everyone gets picked on and there will be people who don't like you because of something. and if you wern't deaf, this person who doesn't like you would just find something else not to like you about. you give some and take some. and as far as getting bullied, everyone does. it's something everyone goes trough and something that all people experience. what you want to do is be above them. don't slap them... that's what they want. they want you to get all worked up. they enjoy it and take pleasure in it. so, stop being a baby, ignore it and move on.

Every person has their own situation they go thru.. Your situation may be different than what J is going thru. She said she hasn't been in school in 5 months.. that has to be serious.. You're still in high school and you go thru it by ignoring them.. Cheri says you can go through some stress disorder due to you putting up with the bullies. You may feel fine now.. but trust me sometimes it'll haunt you later. If I were you, if the bully keeps on and on, you need to report it.

J, I'm sorry you're going thru this.. As most of us have mentioned about getting bullied and our child/children getting bullied. We have discussed on how to handle it. Hope you do read other threads as well.. Maybe it'll help you understand it more.. good luck and I hope you do reconsider going back to school.

Have you and your parents considered going to a Deaf school where ASL is the primary language and I am sure you will be alots more happier and be with another Deaf teenage girls your own age.

Of course I would encourage you and your parents to encourage your friend and her parents in the mainstream school to move to a Deaf school with you.

I think that would be a good experience for the both of you. I think it is also worth showing your dad and mom this one so they can talk and debate with you then who knows you could be on the next bus to Deaf school. :) :thumb:

God Bless.....

Heath said:
Have you and your parents considered going to a Deaf school where ASL is the primary language and I am sure you will be alots more happier and be with another Deaf teenage girls your own age.

Of course I would encourage you and your parents to encourage your friend and her parents in the mainstream school to move to a Deaf school with you.

I think that would be a good experience for the both of you. I think it is also worth showing your dad and mom this one so they can talk and debate with you then who knows you could be on the next bus to Deaf school. :) :thumb:

God Bless.....

Heath,

What is this ASL have to do with J? You have failed to investiage J's background.

Oceanbreeze said:
And, your point is... :confused:
Oceanbreeze,

Mookie just wants to attack me no matter what. I think that J understood what I was talking about and she is old enough to make her own mind.

Heath said:
Oceanbreeze,

Mookie just wants to attack me no matter what. I think that J understood what I was talking about and she is old enough to make her own mind.

Nice try, Heath...

You always jump everything without investiaging first before you rapidly type without thinking twice...

RebelGirl said:
Every person has their own situation they go thru.. Your situation may be different than what J is going thru. She said she hasn't been in school in 5 months.. that has to be serious.. You're still in high school and you go thru it by ignoring them.. Cheri says you can go through some stress disorder due to you putting up with the bullies. You may feel fine now.. but trust me sometimes it'll haunt you later. If I were you, if the bully keeps on and on, you need to report it.

I agree Rebelgirl, if one ignore the problem, then the bully more likely go to the next victim and it never end unless someone put a " STOP " at it... like J did, she did something about it, and that's good on her part to do so ....

IMO, ignoring the problem won't help one bit... I've been there myself and so for my children so I know what it's like....

Back