Bullies

J

Reaction score
Yeah yeah, Bullies. A school-kind of topic.

I'm a teen, so I still go to school. Well, haven't been for the last five months. Don't ask. That's a long story, anyway. Back to now.

This happened, about, what?....uh...about a year ago.
There are only two deaf teens in my college. That's me, severely deaf, wears hearing aids and blah. And another, who's mildly deaf, can hear without hearings aids, but wears them to help.

This is how it started, I was walking down a corridor, and happened to see...uh...lets call her C. C was there, the other deaf girl there, apart from me. She was being picked on, by some of her year group friends. But, this wasn't teasing, or whatever, it was serious. They were pushing her around, and calling her deafo and so on.

Course, me and my quick temper soon got me noticed. I happened to storm right up to one of them, and well...slapped the main girl, who was doing it.

Anyways, a few more shovings and pushes, and they ran off.

C seemed to be okay, and thanked me, and went off to her class or whatever.

My point of this story is, why do these people do that? Why are there some people who seem to...hate us...and become idiot jerks to us.

Someone I know, doesnt like me, because I'm deaf. I mean, WHAT?!

Hi J, Quick question are you a male or a female? so I can give you an accurate answer?

Oh sorry, kinda forgot to say that. Female! Hence, the slapping I guess. Although, I prefer punches, anyway. Yes, do go on. :D

my advice is get over it. everyone gets picked on and there will be people who don't like you because of something. and if you wern't deaf, this person who doesn't like you would just find something else not to like you about. you give some and take some. and as far as getting bullied, everyone does. it's something everyone goes trough and something that all people experience. what you want to do is be above them. don't slap them... that's what they want. they want you to get all worked up. they enjoy it and take pleasure in it. so, stop being a baby, ignore it and move on.

Ok Thanks, I think it has more to do with a girl's competition in order to get a guy, even if there is no guy around.

I am a Deaf man, I was in high school 10 years ago ( Class of 1996 )

As for singling you and your friend out for abuse because you both are Deaf shows they are losers. Remember this is high school. You will get treated much better in the real world as long as you stay away from the wrong crowd as an adult. That also can be true in high school too.

I fought so much in school with the guys because of being Deaf especially at one of the mainstream schools. They wanted to prove they are the bigger guys in front of the girls and I had to make sure I won the fight in front of the girls or if there were no girls around then my reputation was at stake. I had to win the fight, no matter what.

You can ask your parents to come sit down and talk to the principal at the table about these girls who are causing you and your friend so much trouble.....

This way the girls can't set you up to get in trouble with the prinicpal when you and your friend are really innocent.

I suggest you print this out and show to your parents then take it to the prinicpal's office so that the prinicpal will be aware of the problem and stop it right there.

Stop being a baby?! What the...Like you know what I've been through. Jezus.

It's funny isn't it, how when you tell someone you're still in high school, or college, or still a teenager, that everyone treats you different. Like you're imature. ....Hm, forget it.

Yeah, tell parents or teachers. Never works...

J said:
Stop being a baby?! What the...Like you know what I've been through. Jezus.

It's funny isn't it, how when you tell someone you're still in high school, or college, or still a teenager, that everyone treats you different. Like you're imature. ....Hm, forget it.

Yeah, tell parents or teachers. Never works...
Ignore je suis chic. He or she had no right to tell you that.

ButterflyGirl said:
Ignore je suis chic. He or she had no right to tell you that.

I just said the truth. take it from someone whose been bullied a lot. I deal with it. it made me stronger. I just told her the truth, even though it was blunt and what she didn't want to hear...

Your in high school?....Well...that doesnt make a difference!

Still doesn't mean that you understand.

Yesh yesh, ignoring them now. [Thinks about getting anger management]

J said:
Your in high school?....Well...that doesnt make a difference!

Still doesn't mean that you understand.

Yesh yesh, ignoring them now. [Thinks about getting anger management]

You don't need anger management.

There is nothing wrong with you !!!!

Those girls do need anger management !!!!

Hmm's.

Everyone has a different well of dealing with it. Me, I deal with it by hitting them. Others, go tell or whatever.

Buut! It would be VERY much appreicated, if you don't call me a baby...ever..again. I can asure you, I've passed my baby years. :nono:

Okay, just ignore that.

I just happen not to be in the mood to get what I get at school, here.

J,

First of all, dear...welcome to alldeaf.com!! :welcome:

You know, I was picked on in junior high, called names and kinda harrassed by three boys in hs...what I did is avoid them, not walk down the hall where their locker is, that sort of thing.

In addition, think of when you're done with school...you don't have to go to any hs reunions if you don't want to (mine's coming up next year -- big 25!). Nope, ain't going! They didn't talk to me in hs, :fu: I'm not talking to them now...why would I want to anyway?

J said:
Hmm's.

Everyone has a different well of dealing with it. Me, I deal with it by hitting them. Others, go tell or whatever.

Buut! It would be VERY much appreicated, if you don't call me a baby...ever..again. I can asure you, I've passed my baby years. :nono:

J,

First of all, don't hit! If you've passed your baby years, as you said you have, then there are other constructive ways of dealing with your anger. Besides, would you like one of them to either knock you over silly or file an assault charge against you? Best to think about the best way of dealing with them, as you (and I) will have them throughout our lives.

By the way, name calling is out! :nono: You can do that in private, not in public.

je_suis_chic said:
I just said the truth. take it from someone whose been bullied a lot. I deal with it. it made me stronger. I just told her the truth, even though it was blunt and what she didn't want to hear...

So what happens if you become a mother, are you going to say to your kids to stop being such a baby and ignore it?....

Come on think about it real hard before you make such a comment like this

^Angel^ said:
So what happens if you become a mother, are you going to say to your kids to stop being such a baby and ignore it?....

Come on think about it real hard before you make such a comment like this

I would tell them to ignore it and deal.

Back