Bullies~ Fight Back or Walk Away?

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Cheri said we should not ignore it...

So you're saying I should ignore the girl and walk away?
Here's what Cheri said:
Of course ignored the bullies and walk away, Picking up a fight with them gets anyone nowhere. I would be on my children side and report any bully that bothered my children. I'm not going to let the bullies get away with it. You mess with my children, You'll get mess back by getting in trouble with the school system.

Ignore the bullies and walk away

So I must have done the right thing when I was a little girl at daycare, I was 4 and was deafmute... And that hearing black boy kicked my legs almost everyday.
I cried and cried and I didn't know how to talk and my daycare teacher didn't know how to sign, my mom didn't know sign language.

I couldn't do anything... But allow that boy to kick me everyday whenever the teacher isn't around.

So it is still best for me to ignore or let that kid get away with it?

I didn't know how to defend myself and I didn't fight back.

I tried to tell the teacher but I couldn't talk or hear or write....

My daughter did confront to bully girl... and speak it out.. *talk angrily* then walk away.. she felt better... Bully girl shocked wide her eye open and not surprised my daughter speak it out her rights.. No longer whining... I taught her and properite way.. than FIST..
best talk out til smarten up.. If do it again.. then she'll confront to their parent or police or neighbour let them know about bullies boy or girl... if not work out.. then nofity me or my hubby. We'll come over their place... talk them out... discussion why and etc etc.... then solve the problem... If not work out.. then will straighten out w/School prinpical issues hands off!

As same thing My little son did confront.. and end up send to the office.. and called me.... My little son straightenforward w/me.. ahh got it understand.. I explain them the prinpical.. *gluped* I'm right.. do you allow bullies punch my son's head.. then walk away isn't helpful... talk their speak it out.. angrily... then nofity teacher.. but turns it out uglier... Teacher didn't pay attention 110% first place Bully boy already punched my son's head.. wha.. heck ? That reason problem.. Teacher admit didn't watch them first place.. ahh.. there's go... wasting my time why am I came here first place.. there's working out solved... Afterall, My son's teacher kept eye on bully boy.. which it's good thing..

*fist* isn't helpful..

Talk discussion.. til solve the problem not work, then directly to teacher or their parent or let us know.. that's all how works.

Gemtun said:
I teach my girls that knowledge/education is powerful, not fists. They know that it is not a good idea to fight back but rather find ways to end it right there, instead of continuing the fight. People or kids who seek fights are ones who want drama, so if we dont provide them drama, they will get bored and give up.

Exactly...

I show my children to stand themselves and be smart in friendlier way toward bullies. I explained my children that it’s no good to fight back but give them something positive. They realized afterward that the bullies leave them alone.

I educated my children that the bullies are not acceptance.

Catmandu said:
Once a bully hits you is a loser.

and if you hit back the bully you're a loser as well.

If you just walk away from bullies, they're two times a loser.

Like Gemtun says, use your power by knowledge and education. It works.

A M E N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i had my own children in the future, i will tell them walk away from them, and also if their friend getting bullied, i tell my kids, just be there for your friend who getting bully, tell your friend walk away, and encourage them not to give up schooling etc coz bully will win.

One of my friend, an hearing friend who was 1 grade year below me, etc anyway during her time of high school, she been bullied by her own classmates, so i had her as my friend, and telling her dont give up school, plus you got another friends who cares about ya.

As for myself I never got bullied in High School (mainstream school) and plus I wouldnt bully anyone. But i know what it like to be bullied, as it did happened during elementary school, being bullied by my own cousin who was like 7 years older than me, and another student who was few years older than me. when i was just starting elementary school.

Anyways few years later, this friend of mine thanked me, and glad she did won the battle thru classmates who bullied her, coz she made it thru whole high school, and going thru university etc without giving it up.

Telling the teachers never works. Either the teachers just mess it up, and make it even worse that it was before, because they are out to get you for telling.

Or, they won't except it, that one of their pupils is getting bullied, because they want to have the best school around and whatever.

Or, they'll just tell you to ignore it, and do your best and that they'll help. When, all they do is, either nothing, or go and have a word, and that's it.

It's always tell the teachers, never worked in primary school, and never works in college or secondary.

If you tell your parents, that can help, but sometimes, depending on their reaction, it can make it worse.
But sometimes, you need to sort it out yourself, with a little help.

Don't except someone else to sort it out for you, you need to do most of it yourself.

Stand up for yourself. Don't let them do it.

I'm a mother of three boys, and two of my boys have been bullied by those kids who intend to pick on my boys a couple of times to the point there were shoveling and hitting involved, I took this matter seriously, because I taught all my three boys not to become one, nor never make fun of anyone no matter what they look on the outside, the inside is what counts the most.....If I taught my children that I EXPECT the other parents to do the same likewise, some parents do not pay attention to their children and that may be part of the reason why some children intend to bullies on others or because of their friends....It's still the parents responsibility to teach their children not to bully on others, kids sometimes do not understand what they have done wrong until it happen to them.....so sometimes we have to step in to end it before it happen again, otherwise some kid is going to end up getting hurt really bad to the point that they may want to end their own life or leave school etc.....It can damage them emotionally, and it not right at all....

If the school does not take care of the problem, Ill be on their back every single a day until they take this matter seriously cause ignoring the problem doesn't solved anything it makes things worse, if the school still refused to take care of the problem, then I'll be happy enough to find another school for my children who CARES enought to stand up for all the students, no child should suffer and schools are to teach and education children and make sure they're comfortable coming to school and not feeling ashame or scared to show up to school everyday....

The problems gets worse cause some school intend to ignore the problem, same goes for some parents who refused to admit that their child is a bully but protecting their own child and that is wrong period.....

I won't stand still as a mother and allow some kid to bully another kid, I would fight this even if I have to lift my butt up by speaking out for all those kids then I will....May God help me! :smash:

J said:
Telling the teachers never works. Either the teachers just mess it up, and make it even worse that it was before, because they are out to get you for telling.

Or, they won't except it, that one of their pupils is getting bullied, because they want to have the best school around and whatever.

Or, they'll just tell you to ignore it, and do your best and that they'll help. When, all they do is, either nothing, or go and have a word, and that's it.

It's always tell the teachers, never worked in primary school, and never works in college or secondary.

If you tell your parents, that can help, but sometimes, depending on their reaction, it can make it worse.
But sometimes, you need to sort it out yourself, with a little help.

Don't except someone else to sort it out for you, you need to do most of it yourself.

Stand up for yourself. Don't let them do it.

According to your personal banner: "I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet."

Have you ever introduced to bully kids yet? Did you ask them that he/she enjoy abusing me since you could not fight back? It may resolve your matter with them...

-.-

What's my personal banner got to do with it?

Huh? I don't get whatcha saying.

J said:
-.-

What's my personal banner got to do with it?

Huh? I don't get whatcha saying.

Don't pay any attention to Mookie. He's just trying to irritate you.

Mookie said:
According to your personal banner: "I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet."

Have you ever introduced to bully kids yet? Did you ask them that he/she enjoy abusing me since you could not fight back? It may resolve your matter with them...

J is right, Mookie. At least, some of the time. It happened to me when I was in school; exactly as presented.

My nephew was also being bullied by a peer. My sister got tired of him coming home crying, and not wanting to attend school, so she took care of it. He's 5 yrs old and in Kindergarten. The bully was also another 5 yr old in his class.

Wanna know what she did? She told him to tell the teacher, and if that didn't work, she told him to defend himself. Well, my nephew decided that two solutiions were better than one, and he did both! He told the teacher AND kicked the kid's ass! Guess what?! The kid isn't bothering him, anymore.

The teacher ended up reprimanding him for it by sending him to the principle's office, but my sister told him she and his Daddy weren't upset with him. He did what he had to do.

Back