Brunswick pastor wants students to visit death row

I just on the news two young guys getting arrested for shooting BB guns at some people , one was woman the got hit in the head . The 2 punks where laughing as they where getting into the police car.

It might made an impact on some kids going to death row but other may think it's cool.

This is appalling because obviously, they were not taught to respect the sanctity of life. I remember I read an article not too long ago about two young guys who were bored and decided to kill a man. Truly sad.

I believe this Pastor (as per the OP) is truly hoping to help those kids who are "at risk"....some kids come from a single-parent home, live in the sub-standard housing...ghettos, etc., addicts/alcoholics for parent(s)....list goes on and on.

Still even the "best" kids can turn out wrong....It's not the schools or teachers responsibility, but there are teachers who do care and give 110%....after school activities and on the weekends are a good start....boredom is a main culprit a lot of times for kids.....Mentors are needed too...many kids just want someone to listen to them...sometimes not getting attention to their problems at home....

Yeah, there are teachers out there who do truly care about his/her students, especially those who are at risk. Every child needs attention, but all too often, they seek attention in the wrong places if their parents aren't giving them attention. When kids are bored, they can all in livelihood get themselves involved in wrong things that can lead to jail/prison time. Kids need discipline, guidance, attention, and love. A lot of kids these days aren't getting those things.

There is the cases in which kids do come from loving families and parenets that do all they can. But some children are born with conduct disorder that later develops into anti social personality disoder. Some develop it others are born with it. Those born with it can rarely be changed no matter how much parents try.

There is the cases in which kids do come from loving families and parenets that do all they can. But some children are born with conduct disorder that later develops into anti social personality disoder. Some develop it others are born with it. Those born with it can rarely be changed no matter how much parents try.

No one is born with an anti-social personality disorder. When kids go through a [very] traumatic experience, it can cause them to pull back and become anti-social. Kids, if they are given much love, can be loving and want to interact with others. Self-esteem is another issue that can stem from kids being anti-social.

No one is born with an anti-social personality disorder. When kids go through a [very] traumatic experience, it can cause them to pull back and become anti-social. Kids, if they are given much love, can be loving and want to interact with others. Self-esteem is another issue that can stem from kids being anti-social.

There are some kids that no matter how much love you give them they'll not be nice people. I had 2 boy cousins that had very loving parents , the brothers hated one another so much they would not go to a family gathering if one was going. One brother is very nice and the other was an ass. He died very young of a heart attack . I hated him too but like the nice cousin.

The causes of anti social personality disorder are also biological. Not just social or psychological but it does play a role too.

There are some kids that no matter how much love you give them they'll not be nice people. I had 2 boy cousins that had very loving parents , the brothers hated one another so much they would not go to a family gathering if one was going. One brother is very nice and the other was an ass. He died very young of a heart attack . I hated him too but like the nice cousin.

Yes, there will be kids that are mean to others. It is the environment that they are raised in and also the people that they interact with. Kids can have loving parents, but they surround themselves with the wrong crowd of people.

I would refrain from using the word 'hate' because the word per se is a powerful word. We are commanded to love all people, but of course, that doesn't mean we have to condone their bad behavior.

The causes of anti social personality disorder are also biological. Not just social or psychological but it does play a role too.

I don't buy that this disorder is biological because their character is developed based on their environment. Like I said if kids grow up going through traumatic experiences, they can be more likely to be anti-social, but I have known people who once were anti-social, but changed all that by opening up and interacting with others.

sadly it kids having kids living on benefits money with no work ethos....this paster is doing good thing someone got give them a roll model you never know it may wash off on them,but me thinks loosing battle at times

Ita different having an anti social personality to having the disorder itself. But its true some people with the disoder do learn to live with it and dont go off to be bad people. Juat well enciromwnt plays an important role but so does biology. As for the op post. Hope they did get permission and hope even more that these kids get reformed by it.

sadly it kids having kids living on benefits money with no work ethos....this paster is doing good thing someone got give them a roll model you never know it may wash off on them,but me thinks loosing battle at times

More often than not, it is a losing battle because these people cannot find repentance for their actions.

Yes, there will be kids that are mean to others. It is the environment that they are raised in and also the people that they interact with. Kids can have loving parents, but they surround themselves with the wrong crowd of people.

I would refrain from using the word 'hate' because the word per se is a powerful word. We are commanded to love all people, but of course, that doesn't mean we have to condone their bad behavior.

I don't buy that this disorder is biological because their character is developed based on their environment. Like I said if kids grow up going through traumatic experiences, they can be more likely to be anti-social, but I have known people who once were anti-social, but changed all that by opening up and interacting with others.

I will use the word 'hate' as much I want. There are people I hate and will never love them as long as live .

That's sad to hear. This world does not need any more hate as there needs to be more love.

Here's something to cheer you up-- I do not hate. Not worth my time and energy. However, there ARE certain kinds of people I dislike, but they are still humans, and I see them the same as everyone else, albeit with a open mind.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

YeH... Idk how i can love those i hate.

Not to say this to allow religion to creep into this discussion, but Christ loved everyone when he walked the Earth and commanded us to love our neighbors as ourselves. If he can so can we.

Too many people are picking one another apart and looking for the bad in others. Life is too short to be doing such a thing. We are all humans and we do make bad choices at times, but this is not an excuse for hating one another. Yes, we can dislike one's behavior, but we still have to love them as a person.

As one famous person said: 'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'.

I know this famous saying. We have to be aware of what our enemies are doing so we can be on guard. We cannot be ignorant of their devices.

Not to say this to allow religion to creep into this discussion, but Christ loved everyone when he walked the Earth and commanded us to love our neighbors as ourselves. If he can so can we.

Too many people are picking one another apart and looking for the bad in others. Life is too short to be doing such a thing. We are all humans and we do make bad choices at times, but this is not an excuse for hating one another. Yes, we can dislike one's behavior, but we still have to love them as a person.

I know this famous saying. We have to be aware of what our enemies are doing so we can be on guard. We cannot be ignorant of their devices.

Correct.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

I am not comfortable having bad or out of control kids going to the Death Row. But I would love to see them going to prison to learn how the inmates had suffered and becoming violent in the prison. They will get the shock of their life if they decide they don't want to go into prison at all. If they don't care and laugh about that in prison, then the next stage will have them go to Death row to find out how the inmates had to suffered being isolated and having to died in prison. I don't know if that will shock the kids up for that. Beside, it is really graphic when it come to Death Row. **sigh** :(

Maybe I am a person of where I am, but kids today have more issues because society coddles them more. If a small child throws a tantrum it's because he has some illness, the tv, or the parents. The parent that pops the child's hinny is abusive. And the parent that talks to the child is nieve.

The pastor has the right idea but like some of mentioned it truly does depend on the child whether or not it will work. I have actually ran into kids today that do not think they are a man/woman until they make at least a year of jail time :0

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

Yeah... I dont want my enemies close. I want them far far very extremly far away if possible. And well i not religious so i dont follow that stuff. But i respect that you do. And i agree with the above post.

Maybe I am a person of where I am, but kids today have more issues because society coddles them more. If a small child throws a tantrum it's because he has some illness, the tv, or the parents. The parent that pops the child's hinny is abusive. And the parent that talks to the child is nieve.

The pastor has the right idea but like some of mentioned it truly does depend on the child whether or not it will work. I have actually ran into kids today that do not think they are a man/woman until they make at least a year of jail time :0

I agree with you on the fact that parents and the society coddles kids these days instead of dishing out real punishment. If a small child throws a tantrum, the parent will just give them what they want. This leads to the child thinking he/she can control the parent(s). Nothing good will come out of this. Children need parents who are proactive, not reactive and passive.

Yeah... I dont want my enemies close. I want them far far very extremly far away if possible. And well i not religious so i dont follow that stuff. But i respect that you do. And i agree with the above post.

I don't think you totally understand the famous saying. It is a benefit having your enemies close so you don't forget about the fact they exist and want to mess up your life. It is also beneficial to know what they are up to, especially with the wicked devices they make so you know to avoid those things.

Back