Brown Recluse Spider

To hell with all the spiders and the vermin....grab the f-bomb...give
'em hell...one of these days, we're gonna be outnumbered by insects.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxLuf8dGJ_Q]Brown Recluse Spider - YouTube[/ame]

Not sure that the bites are painless. I've posted about friends that were bitten by these. My friend's wife was bitten in bed and knew it right away. The others guy was a rancher. He got bit all the time by different bugs so he probably didn't take it seriously if he did feel it. He got bit by a BR twice in the same exact spot. His wound was extremely nasty.

Brown recluse spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this web site said you don't feel the bite right away. I have heard of people buying grapes that had spiders on them. I knew a woman that brought a Christmas cactus from a discount store. The woman was watching TV and she saw the flower pot moving and she freaked out. She called the Department of Agriculture and they came to her house and discovered the Christmas cactus had tranchulas in the pot! The plant was from a black market and did not go through inspection.

Brown recluse spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this web site said you don't feel the bite right away. I have heard of people buying grapes that had spiders on them. I knew a woman that brought a Christmas cactus from a discount store. The woman was watching TV and she saw the flower pot moving and she freaked out. She called the Department of Agriculture and they came to her house and discovered the Christmas cactus had tranchulas in the pot! The plant was from a black market and did not go through inspection.

:dunno: this woman is a tough ol country gal and she knew when it happened. Her husband was even able to collect the spider and take it to the ER. That was actually pretty lucky for her.

They are all over the place here, and I have heard before that you don't feel the bite.....just saying that is not always the case. She said it hurt bad. Again :dunno:

I've had a spider bite. Glad it wasn't a recluse, I didn't go to the dr. It just stayed a huge bump for weeks. Kept taking benadryl every once and awhile. Put antibiotic cream on it, finally opened, gross!!!! For being in Texas I've never had a scorpion sting me either, but I played footsies with one for a little bit til I realized something was down there, shined my cell phone on it. :eek: Gave it the bed, then informed my husband it was in the bed :lol: and once while running through a huge colvert, grabbed a wasp nest with my hair and received a few stings on my head and back. Went running like a mad child grabbing the wasps and throwing them out. :run: I was about eleven. And once, just kidding!!!! But I probably have more!!! Snakes spiders bugs **~shiver~** I'll never get used to em!!!

I've lived in cen fl my whole life, we have plenty down here. Them and black widows is the only deadly to humans spiders we have down here.

Then your house is only infested with brown recluse spiders because you or previous owners brought stuff, especially furtitures that contain brown recluse spiders that spread to your house. Florida is out of range and having brown recluse spiders are isolated situation, same goes with California.

My friend lives in Miami and he never see brown recluse spiders for rest of his life, even lived with his father in central FL, none of them.

Back