Broken HA's, not 1 but BOTH!!!!

Helidore1983

Reaction score
My HA's broke today!!!!!!!!!! That little plastic piece that your earmold and tubing attaches to is turning for some reason, and when I went to check the other one to see if it does that, it started doing it! I know it is messed up because it seems like it screws on, but it is stripped or something!!!! I can't believe this, its about 3 days after my 30 day trial period and something like this happens. I paid about 4000 USD for them and this is the thanks I get. I am calling my audie tomorrow to ask him to fix them or something! I am soooooo maddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need them and I only have 1 spare HA for my right ear. This totally sucks. I am very frustrated, and it only adds to making my other health problems worse.

Oh well. I feel naked without them, lol, I guess I will have to travel up to Williamsburg tomorrow and tell them that they need to be fixed! Pronto! LOL. Thanks for listening, I just needed to vent. I just can't believe I have had them a month and this already happened. Darn. :(

Both? Yikes! The odds of that happening are really slim. As a HA user all my life (35 years of it), I have never had 2 break at the same time. Good luck and hope all goes well with the repairs.

Both? Yikes! The odds of that happening are really slim. As a HA user all my life (35 years of it), I have never had 2 break at the same time. Good luck and hope all goes well with the repairs.

Yeah its like I have no idea what is wrong! I know that one did it first, and then I checked the other one to see if it was supposed to do it, and then all of a sudden, it started to turn too, and I don't think it is supposed to keep turning . . . I think it is supposed to be a part that screws on, and then stops screwing eventually, but now, they both keep turning like they are stripped. I am so mad. For $4000, I should have a new used car, but instead, I am buying brand new hearing aids that want to act up and then break on me. I don't know. They aren't much better than my old Siemens one that I have, except the digital quality of sound is much clearer. But I like my Siemens better because it has a switch to turn it off with and a switch for T-Coil, which for me is much better than the auto T coil thingy, because the auto one doesn't stay on when it should. I hate these things. Now I am so dependent on them. grrrrr. Oh well. I will be ok. Thanks for listening.

The piece that you are describing sounds like the screw on post that is attacted to the top of the hearig aid that fits behind your ear. Then the tubing from the ear mold slips onto that? If that is the part, your audie should have spare ones in the office. Seems strange that they would both strip out at the same time, especially if they haven't been toyed with.:dunno2: Hope your repair gets done quickly, as I know you were so excited to have your new aids.

The piece that you are describing sounds like the screw on post that is attacted to the top of the hearig aid that fits behind your ear. Then the tubing from the ear mold slips onto that? If that is the part, your audie should have spare ones in the office. Seems strange that they would both strip out at the same time, especially if they haven't been toyed with.:dunno2: Hope your repair gets done quickly, as I know you were so excited to have your new aids.

I know I just don't get it, I think that is what it is, but when one messed up, i checked the other and it did it too! it is driving me crazy, i can't have them moving around, and i was really excited but now im starting to think that I just got ripped off or something. Grrrr. I called the audie and left a message and told them i wasn't very happy and that i would call them tomorrow to discuss the options to fix or replace the piece. oh it is just terrible because i just started getting used to them, and dependent on them. Oh well, I know it will work out. Thanks!

That's really not very good for them both to break 3 days after your trial period. I hope that they are sympathetic and fix it up quickly with no charge. When I had to have one of the CI processors fixed due to a moisture issue, my audie was able to give me a loaner to keep me going until it got back. Maybe your audie can do the same?

That's really not very good for them both to break 3 days after your trial period. I hope that they are sympathetic and fix it up quickly with no charge. When I had to have one of the CI processors fixed due to a moisture issue, my audie was able to give me a loaner to keep me going until it got back. Maybe your audie can do the same?

Well I think my audiologist is a good one, and I don't think he is intending on screwing me over, but it is so weird that this happened 3 days after my trial period ended. I have a 3 year warranty, which should cover this (it better) because I feel lost without my HA's. I have my 1 right one in that is a Siemens, and it doesn't twist like the other ones are doing now, so I will have to go up there tomorrow and talk to them. I can't stand the thought of something so expensive and so new breaking already. I don't ever fiddle with them, the only time I mess with them is to put them on and then taking them off I have to open the battery door, thats it. I don't know what happened. Grrr. He will probably help me the best way he can.

Well I think my audiologist is a good one, and I don't think he is intending on screwing me over, but it is so weird that this happened 3 days after my trial period ended. I have a 3 year warranty, which should cover this (it better) because I feel lost without my HA's. I have my 1 right one in that is a Siemens, and it doesn't twist like the other ones are doing now, so I will have to go up there tomorrow and talk to them. I can't stand the thought of something so expensive and so new breaking already. I don't ever fiddle with them, the only time I mess with them is to put them on and then taking them off I have to open the battery door, thats it. I don't know what happened. Grrr. He will probably help me the best way he can.

If you're talking about the plactic ear hook that screws into the top of the HA it's not really a hugh deal. They can replace it right at the audiologists. I checked the one on my right HA which I Still have and it turns all the way around but I was still using ti that way before I quit wearing it because I didn't need it. As long as the thing stays where it's supposed to you don't need to worry to much. :) My audiologist usually just replaced a small part like that with no charge if it was needed. Of course that may be an exception.....

I've had one that did precisely that, turned, only thing, only turned when I touched it...it wasn't loose, therefore, I just kept wearing it with no added problems with it. As for you, looks like they're really loose, am sure you can get it 'fixed' within reasonable time and live happily thereafter-- :D (..or you can get the little ol' tube of super glue and.......... :lol: j/k ;) )

Anyhow...good luck with getting 'em fixed. :)

~RR

I've had one that did precisely that, turned, only thing, only turned when I touched it...it wasn't loose, therefore, I just kept wearing it with no added problems with it. As for you, looks like they're really loose, am sure you can get it 'fixed' within reasonable time and live happily thereafter-- :D (..or you can get the little ol' tube of super glue and.......... :lol: j/k ;) )

Anyhow...good luck with getting 'em fixed. :)

~RR

Hey there, don't joke about the super glue, I told my audie that it needed to be glued down or something, LOL, and he said that he would do it if I wanted him to but it wasn't a good idea. It WAS the EARHOOKS, those little pests, and he replaced them and they work much better now. :) Yay! and I had him give my my own volume control instead of the automatic because the auto was annoying as I don't know what. lol. OK, thanks for listening :)

You're not the only one. Both of my hearing aids need to be fixed. It's not worth the money to get it fixed....and I can't afford getting new ones. I haven't wore hearing aids since about 1 year now.

Hey there, don't joke about the super glue, I told my audie that it needed to be glued down or something, LOL, and he said that he would do it if I wanted him to but it wasn't a good idea. It WAS the EARHOOKS, those little pests, and he replaced them and they work much better now. :) Yay! and I had him give my my own volume control instead of the automatic because the auto was annoying as I don't know what. lol. OK, thanks for listening :)

Great! Glad it all worked out with a minimum of trouble for you!

:).. last Sept my hearing aids one of tube was slide off from ear mold that are not stay strong and also the sound went low sound doesnt right at all so tried to get fix it till Roadrunner got fixed for me with a glue to stick stay not to slide it off my tube to stick with ear mold which it was got new tube from glassess store :lol: better than nothing and the sound went much better so postive when I was in Ohio, usa till I got back to Ontaro, canada and got new digital hearing aids both it was great and love it then it turned it out sound so high pinch later got an appt with hearing aids to fix adjust it was fine till I realized it was low as I thought it was perfect but, nope the lady's voice was loud talk to me *smh* lol so, I will go back to hearing aids for an appt again this month before xmas come up to get fix it to turn the volume up from my digital hearing aids. It can't fix digital hearing aids inside have go to clinic of hearing aids and they will adjust thur by computer to plug hearing aids to fix it :) .. I have been patient but yeah can't without my hearing aids but gotta have to be patient lol :lol:

I'm glad it worked out and they are fixed. I had to make mine last 14 years. I never made it to digtal aids. Could not afford them. I do understand the need for them. I could not live without my ha or my CIs.

Perhaps, that's how the hearing aid is.

I've had 2 different kinds of BTE hearing aids. The first kind has the hook-tube that can be twisted on and off. The second kind has the hook-tube that snaps on and off without being twisted.

These tubes shouldn't cost much money.

Do you do rough things with your hearing aids or something?

Earhooks

Nope I don't do anything harsh with them, I am VERY careful with them. I spent way too much money to play with them in ways they shouldn't be played with. Anyway, it was just the earhooks, and it was a safety feature to be able to turn and keep turning . . . . but . . . . the problem was that they were turning wayyyyyy too much. So he replaced them and they are much better. Thanks!

Yeah, like Vampy, my earhooks snap on and off if needed too. At least you were able to get things straightened out.

Back