Broken/ faulty aides after three month!?! Help

meeganb

Reaction score
Hi all my names Megan
Im new to wearing hearing aids (I have seimens pure bilateral) I've had them approx 3 months
In the last two weeks I've had issues with sound
They keep dying on me.
I've changed the battery and the receiver multiple times.... But it's still happening
I've tried using waxsol I case there is a wax build up but still not helping
Is there something I'm missing!?!
Could the little wire thing be broken!? Or the aid!?
Would love some help

Here in the united states, HA have a one year warranty standard so we just go back to the seller and say it not working. they are supposed to fix it under warranty. I am not sure how it works in austrailia. Have you contacted whomever you bought the aids from?

My phonaks are always breaking. I've had them for about 4 years, and they are such pain in the butt I didn't wear them for nearly 2. They have been sent into the manufacturer numerous times and fixed at my Audiologist even more.

The only thing that sometimes works for me is to just leave them in the drying container every night. I also try to avoid any contact with the wire that wraps bte. I notice my goggles at work will hit it a lot and it seems like I lose the connection when that happens.

Obviously, the best thing for you to do is go back to your audiologist. Maybe they are still under warranty. Speak up, otherwise you might be stuck with lemons like this chick. :wave:

Do the hearing aids have wax traps? If they do, change them and see if it helps.

Thanks guys for the replies.
Got into see my audio she thinks there was probably condensation in the wire making it short out.
I don't have any drying containers. Is that the charger thing?!
I didn't buy that.... Maybe I need to?!
The audio changed the wires n they seem to working a lot better.
Didn't realise how much I had gotten used to having them until they didn't work!!

Seimens...nuff said.

Seimens are no good?!?
I'm in Australia and seimens are the brand we are given for free through Medicare for free if you are under 26!!
Have many people had bad experiences with them. They are my first ever pair so I have nothing to compare them too!

easy!

Using 15 lbs hammer

Instruction: Self explanatory; refer to your hammer owners manual if need instruction.

Problem solved!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the replies.
Got into see my audio she thinks there was probably condensation in the wire making it short out.
I don't have any drying containers. Is that the charger thing?!
I didn't buy that.... Maybe I need to?!
The audio changed the wires n they seem to working a lot better.
Didn't realise how much I had gotten used to having them until they didn't work!!

If your having moisture issues get a Dry n Store and put your HA's in it every night and you probably will have a lot less problems.

If your having moisture issues get a Dry n Store and put your HA's in it every night and you probably will have a lot less problems.

Thanks Seb I'll have a look on eBay n see if I can find one for my aids
Yes they are digital

Back