Britney Spears at a ball game

Seattle.guy

Reaction score
Newark Bears to host 'Britney Baby Safety Night'

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- To help parents with a serious topic, a minor league baseball team is using some humor to spread the message about keeping babies safe in vehicles.

The Newark Bears on Friday will host "Britney Spears Baby Safety Night," naming the event for the pop singer whose recent miscues with her baby received wide attention.

Fans attending the 7:05 p.m. game will get information on baby car seat safety and a chance to win a free car seat from AAA.

Fans who dress as a baby, bring a baby toy, or bring their baby -- a child 4 and under -- get in free.

The event features a "special guest" -- a female who sings and dances, Bears spokesman Joe Montefusco said Thursday. He would not name the guest.

The Bears, perhaps fittingly, play a team called the Road Warriors, an Atlantic League squad that has no home.

Spears' care of her child, who was born in September, has made headlines since February, when photos showed her in a car with her son in her lap, instead of being strapped to a car seat in the back.

In May, Spears was photographed driving with the child in a car seat facing forward rather than facing backward, which many authorities say is preferred.

Spears, 24, is expecting her second child with husband and aspiring rapper Kevin Federline this fall.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/more/08/03/britney.baby.ap/index.html

Huh?? I dont understand, because this article says "Fans who dress as a baby, bring a baby toy, or bring their baby -- a child 4 and under -- get in free." :ugh: I think fans are for under 2 years of age. Theres no way that adults dress as babies in public at the ball park...

Why dont they do this promotion at the ST LUCIE METS GAME? Id love to see Britney Spears.

who cares?
I don't know what she has left except the buns.

Back