British speeder clocked at 172 mph

ITPjohn

SAC Class of 05
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't give him another license. He's VERY lucky he didn't kill anyone.

British speeder clocked at 172 mph - Yahoo! News

British speeder clocked at 172 mph
Mon Sep 24, 4:17 PM ET

The fastest driver ever convicted of speeding in Britain was jailed for 10 weeks Monday after he was clocked at 172 mph in his company's Porsche.

Tim Brady, 33, was caught on Jan. 27 driving the 98,000 pound ($198,000) Porsche 911 Turbo which he took without permission from his employer, luxury car rental firm HelpHire PLC.

The previous record — 156 miles per hour — was set by car dealer Jason McAllister in 2003.

Brady had nagged his boss take the Porsche out the day before but was repeatedly told no, the court heard. He returned the next day and took the car anyway.

Judge David Morton called the act "criminally self-indulgent."

"(You were) utterly thoughtless of the danger you might be creating for the innocent," he told Brady.

Brady, who admitted dangerous driving at a hearing last month, was banned from driving for three years and will have to take a new driving test before taking to the road again.

He quit his job a day after he was caught near Kingston Bagpuize, about 60 miles west of London.

Copyright © 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

Whoa... crazy man!

Of course, this isn't the fastest... just the fastest to be clocked AND caught. Heh!

wow :eek3:

it's legal to use on motorway (autobahn) only in Germany - depend on safety road... unlimited speed... If not safety, then limited to 130 kph.

I drove between 150 and 160 kph on autobahn.

I wonder what was the speed limit in that corridor when he went to 172 mph...hmmm

wow :eek3:

it's legal to use on motorway (autobahn) only in Germany - depend on safety road... unlimited speed... If not safety, then limited to 130 kph.

I drove between 150 and 160 kph on autobahn.

How fast is 160 kph in mph? and what kind of car were you driving?

How fast is 160 kph in mph? and what kind of car were you driving?

Around 100 and 105 mph on corsa opel.

Before get corsa opel, I use to drive BMW over 110 to 120 mph on autobahn.

Back