British Sign Language beginner in need of help.

Cheryl Haque

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm currently studying level 2 British Sign Language at evening college which I am really enjoying.

However I'm not great so I am looking for any "buddies" who are also studying the same course or deaf/hard of hearing people (who use BSL) who are willing to chat via skype (or meet up if nearby) to enhance my learning and knowledge of BSL and of the deaf/hard of hearing community.

My main struggle is reading fingerspelling. I can finger spell myself (although not that fast) but I really struggle when it comes to reading other people's finger spelling and I would massively benefit from some practise in this area.

If anyone is interested then please do drop me a line.

Cheers,

Cheryl.

Hey, I am from the UK!! I have a knowledge of BSL

Hi Lisa

I take it that you are deaf due to your username?

Where abouts in the UK are you?

If you are available to skype then it would be great to get in touch. I hope you are patient as I'm a tad slow but I really do want to be good at it and I will try my very best.

Weekends are best for me to sype if you are free but I can't actually do this weekend as I am going up to Yorkshire for my sister's 30th birthday.

Let me know your thoughts and stuff,

thank you for replying,

Cheryl.

I dont have skype at the moment but I can download it. Yes I am profoundly deaf and I wear a cochlear implant. I am mainly an oral user but I can sign well(i hope) :)

Okay cool.

well let me know when you have skype up and running and if I don't hear from you I'll e-mail you again the weekend after next and remind you.

Take care,

Cheryl.

Hello there, noticed you're from Herts, so am I. Plus I have skype too.

Can converse in BSL and fingerspelling - mind you it's been years since I've used them but can do it.

I'm deaf and CI user, I mostly speak than sign as I'm from an oralist background but my knowledge of BSL and fingerspelling is ok. Weekends is best for me as I work in London in the week.

it would be great for you to have more than one user to learn BSL/fingerspelling more over skype. Hope you don't mind Deaflissa.

Nope of course I don't mind! Hehe!! The more help and more people she sees signing will help her fingerspelling problem!!

hello~l am deaf,and china.l am chinese sign language.l think who can teach me to study a british sign language spot???lf some people want to ask me to sutdy the sign language comversation?

Back