Brig inmates train dogs to help wounded vets

hahahahahahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa wee....

So it's abuse when I played tug-o-war with my roomie's 75 or so pounds pitbull mix and she was dangling in the air holding the rope with her teeth?
Our Labs used to hold one end of a towel, and we'd twirl around spinning them in the air. They loved it!

Another relative has a Rottweiler, and he does the same thing with a heavy duty rubber ring.

Dogs keep coming back for more; they don't want to quit playing. :lol:

Wirelessly posted

I think someone is underestimating dogs' ability...

Labs are heavier than many medium-sized dogs. My dog, a 35lbs 16" shoulder-height, Shiba Inu, could haul an adult in a sled. He used to bring some heavy stuff, well more than half his weight. to us as well under his own will without any training.

Hell, my 2-5lbs ferret would drag things, which are 15-20lbs, or more to his hidey-hole.

eh? shiba inu? dog sledder? but.... it's so tiny! :lol:

Our Labs used to hold one end of a towel, and we'd twirl around spinning them in the air. They loved it!

Another relative has a Rottweiler, and he does the same thing with a heavy duty rubber ring.

Dogs keep coming back for more; they don't want to quit playing. :lol:

wow I'm impressed that you're able to do that to labs. I don't think I can without breaking my back! :lol:

I did this for pitbulls during my time at Animal Shelter but they're lighter than labs. But the management discouraged me to do that because it makes them more aggressive :roll:

wow I'm impressed that you're able to do that to labs. I don't think I can without breaking my back! :lol:
We were younger then. ;)

It's not like lifting the dogs. Centrifugal force from the spinning picks them up. You can get dizzy though. :dizzy:

My Labs were tough, especially the male (nicknamed "Bear"). He chewed up snakes (was also bitten on the face by them), chomped down on a dead porcupine (got a mouth full of quills), and ate the fiberglass insulating blanket off the water heater.

I was walking him on a leash thru the woods of Wisconsin once when he spotted a deer. He took off after it and dragged me, belly on the ground, thru the woods for a ways.

He used to pull my daughter in her wagon. He didn't have a harness, so she just held on to his leash, which was attached to a choke collar. He didn't feel a thing.

I think he also had OCD. After playing, he would collect up his Frisbees (he had several) and keep them lined up, evenly spaced, on the lawn. :giggle:

Sometimes he wouldn't watch where he was going when chasing an airborne Frisbee. He'd run full speed into our big oak trees. It would knock the wind out him, then he'd get right back to playing like nothing happened.

Both Labs used to play tug-of-war with each other using old towels.

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:
Wirelessly posted

I think someone is underestimating dogs' ability...

Labs are heavier than many medium-sized dogs. My dog, a 35lbs 16" shoulder-height, Shiba Inu, could haul an adult in a sled. He used to bring some heavy stuff, well more than half his weight. to us as well under his own will without any training.

Hell, my 2-5lbs ferret would drag things, which are 15-20lbs, or more to his hidey-hole.

eh? shiba inu? dog sledder? but.... it's so tiny! :lol:

Well, to be fair, he was an oversized one. Stocky. 2" taller than the maximum breed standard.

He wasn't overweight, just not show-dog quality. He is huge compared to all the other Shibas we've met; I doubt the others within the same breed could pull a sled, so that's why I mentioned size and weight. Anyway, the point is looks deceive.

well.... that's poodle..... and this is lab mix. Lab = a very capable dog who was born to pick up anything and has a tail that can possibly break anything within its reach :lol:

Titus2_t600.JPG

he looks perfectly healthy and capable. I think the writer wrote "Titus, a skinny yellow Lab mix with loving dark eyes, scooped a dime off the gym floor with his teeth before proudly marching back to his handler." for theatrical purpose in a literary sense.

I saw a skinny dog the other day and you could all the ribs on the dog and you would be able to feel the ribs too . So that what I was thinking of when I read it was skinny yellow Lab mix , I could only think of a dog that was not being fed enough and that is animal abuse. Come to think of it I have seen dogs walking around with a huge stick in their month .

Back