Brand new news to me

Jessa6625

Reaction score
I have learned that I will be going deaf in a few years. Since I already have tinnitus, my doctor will think I am going deaf around 30 or 31. At 17 and learning I am going to lose it around then, is not something I want to think about.

I have learned that I will be going deaf in a few years. Since I already have tinnitus, my doctor will think I am going deaf around 30 or 31. At 17 and learning I am going to lose it around then, is not something I want to think about.

That's silly. Lots of people have tinnitus and never become deaf.

If a doctor really told you that, you should find a different doctor.

No one could actually predict a timeline for your future deafness by the fact you have tinnitus at 17.

And really, it could be an indicator of some serious disorders, so you should be tested for them. A doctor will be happy to tell you what they are.

No one could actually predict a timeline for your future deafness by the fact you have tinnitus at 17.

And really, it could be an indicator of some serious disorders, so you should be tested for them. A doctor will be happy to tell you what they are.

How do you know? Are you a doctor? Where the proof?

I have been checked out by a doctor. He said because of the continues ringing I have it.

I had a friend that got very sick and she woke up one day with tinnitus and it never when away and she lost some hearing. It depend on how you get it.

That's what I have been told. Guess I don't know then. I have only been told by a doctor.... Now do I feel silly

That's what I have been told. Guess I don't know then. I have only been told by a doctor.... Now do I feel silly

tinnitus is not just from ruptured eardrum. it can be from nerve damage or in your mind or constant loud noise or anything.

I really do not like when doctors tell a patient something and not give all the facts . No you should not feel silly , your doctor should as he really does not know if you'll lose all your hearing. I had clients that where told how long they have to live by their DR. and not one Dr. was right.

Hearing people can have tinnitus too. I have it and it comes and goes. Gets really bad when my allergies are acting up.

oh really. My hearing family didn't say anything but bad headaches, they don't hear any ringing in their ears. Thanks for letting me know that I did learn something about.

Hearing people can have tinnitus too. I have it and it comes and goes. Gets really bad when my allergies are acting up.

My friend was a hearing person and I know other people with hearing that had tinnitus . It has nothing to with deaf or hoh. I get it too , I will wake up with it. when I got knocked out cold in my car accident I got head noises and it was horrible.

oh really. My hearing family didn't say anything but bad headaches, they don't hear any ringing in their ears. Thanks for letting me know that I did learn something about.

Yea, i don't know if the allergies make it worse or if it's just making me notice it more because my head is stuffed up. Like being in a quiet room makes it more noticable.

Back