Brand New From Alabama

LoveMeTender

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
This is a new adventure for me, You see I woke up deaf about 12 years ago after having normal hearing, what a trip this has been for me! The so called secular normal hearing world doesnt have a clue who we are, they some how place us in a CATAGORY of What ever they choose, but behind these deaf ears is the same person we have always been, intelligent,loving,understanding and caring. Somehow they manage to sidetrack us when we cant carry on a conversation like we use to, therefore we get brushed aside so we sit and smile sweetly as the world around us revolves.I now want to be around my deaf family of friends who can understand the real person that I am. I never learned sign language because it is very complex ,if you do not have someone to sign with and you will eventually forget what you spent hours learning. So anyone out there ever been "Suddenly Deaf", I would really like to hear from you wonderful people and the experiences that I am sure you have....Hugs.....LoveMeTender Quote: How Beautiful it was when I heard the Robin sing!

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to Ad! I live in Alabama too. I know a few late deafened people who are still learning to sign. I will pm u :)

Welcome to AD! Enjoy your stay, and I understand what deafness is

Hello &
14.gif

Hi

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD

Come and share your posts here with us :thumb:

Giday, welcome aboard :)

Too many people come from Alabama here!!!

Hey Lovemetender! How nice of you to join us, thank you for sharing your inspiring story with us. My best wishes to you for happiness as long as you are on this Forum .... please come back and visit often!

:welcome: :mrgreen: Hello Lovemetender!! Welcome to AD and hope you are enjoying yourself on this website. Even though you have lost your hearing, you are still part of this human race. Never allow anyone to slight you at all. You have had the best of both worlds, so you actually have the hands up on both cultures. Keep smiling, try you're very best with sign language and ask for help when you need it. We are all here to help you at anytime. Have a great one!!! :angel:

Back