Brake service....

I never return the worn out pads/shoes for lifetime warranty, cuz I can't stand to consuming my time to trip to the parts store like pick up the machined rotors/drums. Forth and back. I use to texting a counterman (part wholesaler for auto repair shops) to order the parts, they will delivery the parts over to my work. Like snap fingers and time saver.

One time, I got a brand new brake pad and I used it and it's worn out in one week WTF? So I bring them back to shop and replace other one thru warranty then no problem so far. I can't remember which brand was that, it was happen in 9 years ago.

I never return the worn out pads/shoes for lifetime warranty, cuz I can't stand to consuming my time to trip to the parts store like pick up the machined rotors/drums. Forth and back. I use to texting a counterman (part wholesaler for auto repair shops) to order the parts, they will delivery the parts over to my work. Like snap fingers and time saver.

Part companies don't deliver to homes. Besides it is less than 2 miles away. While waiting for rotors, that is a good time to rotate tires, lube chassis, etc.

Probably used parts from junkyard. $90 is impossible for new.

Agreed w/ The Highlander. Unless PFH states 4 remachined rotors and low quality front/rear pads is reasonable. The cost of remachine (turning) rotor or drum in the auto parts store is about $ 5 dollars each.

Part companies don't deliver to homes. Besides it is less than 2 miles away. While waiting for rotors, that is a good time to rotate tires, lube chassis, etc.

Right, for auto repair shops or salvage yards or fleets (like taxi). I like your way to do these jobs fast, even you happen to spot detroiated parts such as swollen brake hose or cracked belts, then go to buy the parts and pick up freshly machined rotors/drums at same time. Throw the parts on the vehicle and less time consumption. Clever mechanic. Same way as I do the jobs in a gas station.

A little controlling aren't you telling your wife who can work on her car.

Did you tell your hubby or bf to do the mechanical/ electrical works on your car? Just curious.
My deaf wife of 28 yrs, never drop her car in an auto repair shop or dealership in her life,
I did fix her car, she pay me nothing. Lol

A little controlling aren't you telling your wife who can work on her car.

Did you tell your hubby or bf to do the mechanical/ electrical works on your car? Just curious.
My deaf wife of 28 yrs, never drop her car in an auto repair shop or dealership in her life,
I did fix her car, she pay me nothing. Lol

nothing?:roll: come on now.... we all know what you do....:cool2:

If she was my wife, I would try to find a cheaper route to fix the car. If she doesn't take me on my offer, the choice is hers. It's 2011, not 1950.

nothing?:roll: come on now.... we all know what you do....:cool2:

I pocket out my money to fix my wife's (her 4th vehicle) since I met her at college and live in with her for 4 yrs then got married. Same as my mother's past to present vehicles since I was a teenager. Plus my son's car. Like I spend $5K (I can't recall) worth of the parts to fix these vehicles that dated back to 1975.

I pocket out my money to fix my wife's (her 4th vehicle) since I met her at college and live in with her for 4 yrs then got married. Same as my mother's past to present vehicles since I was a teenager. Plus my son's car. Like I spend $5K (I can't recall) worth of the parts to fix these vehicles that dated back to 1975.

I hope that son and maybe Mom too are covering the cost of parts.

I did the rear brake jobs on the Chevy Cavaliers, from what I see is Rear Drums. But I can check out the Bendix brake spec book to see if they equips w/ rear rotors next week.
:wave:

No REAR disc brakes use on ALL Chevy Cavaliers according to Bendix brake specif book. However this book might not accurate infro. :cool2:

If she was my wife, I would try to find a cheaper route to fix the car. If she doesn't take me on my offer, the choice is hers. It's 2011, not 1950.

Right. More women bring the vehicles (include her hubby or bf's vehicle) in for the services than men. But I like them for some reason you know what I mean.

Back