Brag about your car's miles!

Oh, no, it is a Honda Gold Wing motorcycle converted to a trike. Since it is a 1991, this is their 1500cc engine and well known for their longevity IF you take care of it....it is pretty common for them to go 3-400K miles.

P.S. Actually, it was a regular 2 wheeler for 123K miles and I bought it and converted it.

Amazing! I think bigger engine it is...generally lasts longer.

No A/C? I just simply open a window or two to let fresh air in my cars. Even though both my Ford and Isuzu have AC, I hardly ever use them in the summer as I always drive with my windows open. But come winter, I use HEAT and defoggers often than I do AC..weird aint it eh.

If you did that in Florida during the summer. Then you would be miserable! The air is really hot on the roads. You can see the heat waves just rising from the highway.

I can not do that! I get so hot, and car sick with the windows down in the summer time! I must, must have A/C in my car! I can roll the windows down in the cooler months with no problem, if traffic is not congested. Fumes are another issue for me while on the road with windows down.

If you did that in Florida during the summer. Then you would be miserable! The air is really hot on the roads. You can see the heat waves just rising from the highway.

I can not do that! I get so hot, and car sick with the windows down in the summer time! I must, must have A/C in my car! I can roll the windows down in the cooler months with no problem, if traffic is not congested. Fumes are another issue for me while on the road with windows down.

Tennessee in the summer is that hot and humid like in Fla, but I still roll with my open window. It may be a tad uncomfy, but its price I pay for letting a bit of the winds in my open window.

Leaking rear main seal can be mistake for leaking V/C gaskets, make sure ur mechanic to take a look at the V/C(s) before he or she condemn the rear main seal. That was happen to my tech who recommanded rear main seal replacement on a GM 5.3L V8 then he found nothing wrong with rear main seal, he traced oil leaks, found bad oil pan gasket ( made of molded rubber and bimetal) cuz the oil filter spin on the pan not on the block where the pressurized oil flow thru gallery in the aluminum pan and block and seeping out of the detoriated O-seal, leaking to the rear of the engine. That was how he mistake for rear main seal.

ugh GM engines and oil leaks. My Fords havent leaked oil this far at 157k for ZX2 and 145k for Ranger. Now, my Isuzu with the GM Holden motor leak oil at 119k and my daddy's old 6.0 litre 2001 Chevy Silverado was leaking oil at only over 105k that he got fed up with Chevys and traded it in for a Ford F150. Even an old Astro of his, with 4.3 V6 was leaking oil at 115k too.

Amazing! I think bigger engine it is...generally lasts longer.

I agree with you but I think we need to factor in the weight of the vehicle, too. The Honda Gold Wing factory two wheeler weighed about 800 lbs and the conversion added a little more than three hundred pounds for a trike now weighing close to 1200 pounds and doesn't seem to be laboring the engine at all nor burning any oil. Honda makes a really good engine or I am just lucky, I guess.....

I agree with you but I think we need to factor in the weight of the vehicle, too. The Honda Gold Wing factory two wheeler weighed about 800 lbs and the conversion added a little more than three hundred pounds for a trike now weighing close to 1200 pounds and doesn't seem to be laboring the engine at all nor burning any oil. Honda makes a really good engine or I am just lucky, I guess.....

That's one heavy trike there, lol. I don't think a 1500cc engine would labor under a 1200 lb weight....they're pretty strong engines for a bike....some old 80's Honda Civics with 1500cc engine pulled more weight like 2,000+ lbs or so and they have lasted pretty much a long time as well.

Tennessee in the summer is that hot and humid like in Fla, but I still roll with my open window. It may be a tad uncomfy, but its price I pay for letting a bit of the winds in my open window.

Same in Alabama too, it's damn hot in summer.

That's one heavy trike there, lol. I don't think a 1500cc engine would labor under a 1200 lb weight....they're pretty strong engines for a bike....some old 80's Honda Civics with 1500cc engine pulled more weight like 2,000+ lbs or so and they have lasted pretty much a long time as well.

Yeah. A side note here: Did you know that Harley Davidson now makes a trike? I believe it is currently the only major motorcycle manufacturer to make one from the ground up.....price starts at 30K and each dealer (right now) can only have two trikes in the show room...

Yeah. A side note here: Did you know that Harley Davidson now makes a trike? I believe it is currently the only major motorcycle manufacturer to make one from the ground up.....price starts at 30K and each dealer (right now) can only have two trikes in the show room...

yep. I went to HD dealership couple days ago and they have a trike there at the entrance. it's one bad-ass piece of machinery :cool2:

really have you forgotten about the Bombardier CanAm Spyder trike? ....

BRP Can-Am Spyder Roadster

If I had to choose between the HD or the CanAm Spyder, Id take the Spyder :)

Our 01 F250 v10 have 300,000 miles now but have issues with transmission it shift so hard it KNOCK that hard of hearing could hear it.

96 E350 van 15 passengers it have 74,000 when bought. Now it have 79,000 miles and got 16 mpg out it. But it been sit since August to November.

My 94 geo tracker have 110,000 miles but definably junk now. Am sell this winter. Here tip don't buy geo from winter where salt is. Buy from Florida is best. It have 89,000 miles but it been sit and soak in winter salt.

Bought 91 Bronco with v8 5.0L it was best vehicle I have. It have 147,000 miles but we replaced with brand new engine because owner were young girl and never change oil to say serious damaging.

0 Km (I don't have a car, but then I am looking around for one.)

Back