Boyfriends christmas gift

Shoshana

Reaction score
Hey guys! Ive been away from AD for awhile, while I did my first semester of college--but im back now!

Anyways, Some know Im dating a hearing guy who is really great. We have been together for some time now.

He is learning sign, and Im trying to help but its really really slow. I have bought books, DVD, and stickers for the house to try to help him.

For christmas I bought him a sign language translator from harris communications. Its a small device, touch screen and you type in word and it shows it to you.

He seems excited to get it, and I think its a good thing to get him also to help our communication.

I am starting a Deaf coffee chat where I live, and he said he will go too which makes me happy.

Right now im spending holidays at my moms in NC, and he will be coming here the 28th. They have a family owned BBQ smokehouse here and the owners son is Deaf, so everyone there signs--which makes me comfortable to go there. Its geat food and very friendly :)

I would love to look into sign language translator. I do have a hearing girlfriend. I would be curious to know whether you boyfriend gets benefit from it.

Glad you're enjoying the Holidays.

Glad that you have a great first semester at college! Enjoy your holiday break.

That sounds like a great gift Shoshana! Definitely let us know what you guys think. Congratulations on your first semester in college. Enjoy your time and keep your eyes on the prize :P What are you going for?

Csign--I finally decided on a Graphic Design Degree :)

It was hitting me in my face my entire life lol and Its a very creative job--and you dont need to hear to do it!

Ill let you guys know how the device works for him :)

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

Csign--I finally decided on a Graphic Design Degree :)

It was hitting me in my face my entire life lol and Its a very creative job--and you dont need to hear to do it!

Ill let you guys know how the device works for him :)

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

Graphic design is a very very competitive field, just a heads up.

Beach Girl---YES it is! Im visiting mom in NC so It cold for hat here, florida is too hot :)

DeafCaroline--My dad owns a marketing business, has 20 graphic designers--so I know ill have a job and be able to advance :)

Beach Girl---YES it is! Im visiting mom in NC so It cold for hat here, florida is too hot :)

DeafCaroline--My dad owns a marketing business, has 20 graphic designers--so I know ill have a job and be able to advance :)

That's great!

Back