boy, moving sure is a lotta work!

ok got my new flat screen TV bought (32 inch, can't afford to spend TOO much). And I can get $50 back from the power company for buying a energy efficient TV! They have incentives for energy efficient electronics/appliances/etc. where you can get some money back for buying them and using them. The new TV shouldn't add much to my power bill, I'm sure my old one sucks up a lot of power. yay!

Wirelessly posted

Yes , it is just moved myself in this weekend. My uncle helped me just the 2 of us lol I got sore muscles it all good :)

my stepdad, stepbro, and stepsis helped me move a few things tonight, yay. it's back to just me hauling boxes over again until my stepdad gets back home next week to help me with more of the bigger stuff again.

From NO houses to 2 in a week & 1 day

This thread brought back old memories!

As my title says, the biggest one I ever did was after I went from no houses to two houses in a week and one day! I was negotiating on a two bedroom house at the time my mother was sick with what became her last illness. So a week and one day after I closed on the house I still live in she died. At one point, after my dad had died, she had moved back into the old family home to help a sister and brother of hers who had never married after her sister had broken a hip. That house had grown from the 3 rooms that my grandparents had moved from another location in town in 1896 to 9 rooms with a small cellar and an attic that you could standup in part of as they had 7 kids. But it only got one bathroom in all those years and there were so many ways to get from the front bedroom to the bathroom at the other end of the house that someone new to the place could get lost between the two. It took me about a year of keeping some things, selling others, giving away some and then getting the house sold.

The most frustrating one was when I moved from the upstairs apartment in one house to the upstairs apartment in the house next door. The houses had started out on the same floor plan and were each turned into two units later. The frustration came from the fact that they are close enough to talk from one to the other easily but you have to go down stairs and back up to get from one to the other. How great it would have been to be able to put up a bridge between the two.

The easiest one I ever made was going from an upstairs apartment to the one on the ground floor directly below it. The were the same floor plan except for the stairway area. So I could tell those helping me to put things in the same relative spot. We moved the hanging clothes from one closet by two guys each talking an end of the pole they were hanging on and taking them downstairs to the closet under where they came from. The kitchens had stock cabinets so I was able to just exchange drawers without emptying taking the full ones downstairs and putting them in where the empty ones were. Then taking the empty ones upstairs..

This thread brought back old memories!

As my title says, the biggest one I ever did was after I went from no houses to two houses in a week and one day! ...
Whew!

This put an image in my head of the three of them sharing the driving.
Turns out, she is a backseat driver. :giggle:

From my nephew:

"(She) is very particular about her car rides. Her routine, as she
likes it, is to get in the car, get up to speed, lay down and nap, and
wake up when the car stops to get out and drink some water. If I
deviate from this, she notifies management immediately. For example,
she likes a nice constant speed, usually around 60mph. If I dip below
45, she will pop up to see why I have slowed down. That happened a lot
today on these hilly and windy mountain roads (which has been my
favorite so far.) If the car stops for any reason other than a traffic
light, she gets impatient and asks why we aren't moving. She did not
like waiting in line at the border cross today and yelled at a couple
of passerbyers she thought might come into HER house. Other than that,
if you follow her rules she will be a delight to travel with."

my stepdad, stepbro, and stepsis helped me move a few things tonight, yay. it's back to just me hauling boxes over again until my stepdad gets back home next week to help me with more of the bigger stuff again.

bigger stuff? that's why we have trucks LOL!!! (I have a cute pink T-shirt that saids "Bulit Ford Tough" in blue sparkles)

bigger stuff? that's why we have trucks LOL!!! (I have a cute pink T-shirt that saids "Bulit Ford Tough" in blue sparkles)

For some reason this post reminded me of the time I was moving from upstairs to upstairs in houses that had been converted to two units each next door to each other. I had hired professional movers to the larger things. The two guys showed in in a semi (the whole thing not just the tractor) even though they were not going to be putting anything in a truck at all! They said that they had just jumped in what company truck was parked closest when they were ready to come.

A couple years later I had to move again when where I was living was sold to a couple that wanted the upstairs unit for her mother. They came with a good size box truck and a friend who lived in the building I was moving into said "I hope that truck isn't full" (she knew what size the apartment is). So I told her about the previous move and how much of an oversize unit they came in.

yeah but for me, my pink T-shirt just proves that my father and uncles rocks an F-series and and also the fact that I was a tough baby lol ;)

got most of my kitchen boxed up. will clean out the fridge and move the contents over to the new apartment this weekend probably. still need to work on the bathroom and spare room, then do some vacuuming and cleaning all over the joint. ahhhhhhhhhh nap time

that sucks but good luck!!!!! I have leaks on the living room ceiliing which is driving my mom nuts!

I love my F-250 superduty. I find it very useful! Right now Im taking a break from splitting logs, man most of pain is gone! If I sit too long, will have pain. Where do I get logs, I love craigslist, Some I drop the tree and cut up for myself, some they drop themselves and I pick up. Without my Superduty, I can't do that.

Some of you may say its cheaper to rent a truck, but the problem with free firewood is that somebody who has a truck bound to get it before those who have to rent. I have seen them say will not hold for somebody.

Once I got free playset (Swings, slides fort, etc) though CL, without truck, Im out of order. But got it for free. It was 13 years old and the wood looks sucks. Thanks to powerwash that I have, I washed and bam! it looks like not even a year old. LOL I only need them for maybe 5 years that is all.

Last week, I helped guy pulled out trees using my truck and strap. One of them done beyond worn out, so I had to throw it away otherwise risk whiplash when it breaks.

I used to own GM, never again! They breaks down on me too many times and I got fed up. My F-250 in the last 3 years have not stop me at all. Not even problem that I had to deal with. But I know I will need maintenance overhaul soon. Won't be cheap :(

I have been taking about trading my F250 with 2000-2003 7.3 Excursion. Haven't decided yet. (Excursion is based on F-250/350 frame)

I love my F-250 superduty. I find it very useful! Right now Im taking a break from splitting logs, man most of pain is gone! If I sit too long, will have pain. Where do I get logs, I love craigslist, Some I drop the tree and cut up for myself, some they drop themselves and I pick up. Without my Superduty, I can't do that.

Some of you may say its cheaper to rent a truck, but the problem with free firewood is that somebody who has a truck bound to get it before those who have to rent. I have seen them say will not hold for somebody.

Once I got free playset (Swings, slides fort, etc) though CL, without truck, Im out of order. But got it for free. It was 13 years old and the wood looks sucks. Thanks to powerwash that I have, I washed and bam! it looks like not even a year old. LOL I only need them for maybe 5 years that is all.

Last week, I helped guy pulled out trees using my truck and strap. One of them done beyond worn out, so I had to throw it away otherwise risk whiplash when it breaks.

I used to own GM, never again! They breaks down on me too many times and I got fed up. My F-250 in the last 3 years have not stop me at all. Not even problem that I had to deal with. But I know I will need maintenance overhaul soon. Won't be cheap :(

I have been taking about trading my F250 with 2000-2003 7.3 Excursion. Haven't decided yet. (Excursion is based on F-250/350 frame)

hey, my uncle has an 02 F250 just like you too!
you can always find parts online at a cheaper price (that's what my dad does if he wants something for his trucK!)

Back