Boy, 12, charged in beating death of toddler

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boy charged with killing toddler - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com

This is so sad :(

I think 12 years old is a bit too young to babysit. Why would a 12 years old boy blow a temper and beat a baby to death cuz he was watching tv. That blows and disheartening to know a preteenage boy would do such a horrible thing.

Very sad :(

They are supposing to charge mother for child neglectioge. Why do she allows 12 years old to babysit his siblings for? It's irresponsiblity of her.

The boy's actions is something beyond 'normal'--using a bat. Ugghh!!

Everything else pertaining his age, home alone while his younger siblings are under his care is questionable and debatable, however, the 'actions' alone is repulsive and disturbing.

~RR

I didn't know that some of people think a 12 years old children would be a bad babysitter... I have some of bad experiences with 12 years old children who babysitted me.

My (female) cousin told me she will kill me when I was sleeping. She told me she will wait till I sleep then she will walk to the kitchen and pick up the knife and stabbing on my chest with knife. She told me those when I was laying on the bed, I asked her if we was friend, right? She silenced and yeah you are right... Let's go sleep together..

Other my cousin (female) who babysitted me, she would force me to do anything with the watergun. My brother and cousin (male) saw what she did to me so my brother and cousin (male) decide to take the water hose from outside into the house and shoot the water all over on her and other my cousin (female) both inside the house.

I am very sorry about the infact.. I hope that little boy learn his lesson NEVER abuse or anything to children, it's terrible... :(

I do not think any minors should babysit any toddlers, because babysitting toddlers comes with a huge responsibilities. it should be an adult who will have to cope and deal with their huge tantrums and sometimes absolutely unreasonable demands. Minors have no experience in knowing what to do with toddlers. Minors can't cope, will feel guilty and anxious.

I hope that little boy learn his lesson NEVER abuse or anything to children, it's terrible... :(

He just did not know how to handle a crying toddler, and it was wrong for the parents to put this 12 years old on the spot of babysitting a toddler with no experiencing in how to control a toddler.

He just did not know how to handle a crying toddler, and it was wrong for the parents to put this 12 years old on the spot of babysitting a toddler with no experiencing in how to control a toddler.

Yeah true, but I am talking about that boy who abused a toddler. I am just hoping that he would never do that again in the future.

gosh! i cant believe that..smh.. sigh.. parents should not let young babysitter better alike 15 yrs old to up..

My God with a baseball bat? ugghhhhhhh!!!!! This is very sad tragic. I wonder if this 12 years old boy had witnesses violence on a regular basis or something and thought this was the appropriate punishment, something is very very wrong with this situation here because we all know that some adults snap and do horrible things to a child or a baby but we don't often hear a child using a baseball bat by beaten a crying baby just because he's trying to watch TV.

A 12 years old child is not considered enough to care for other children/babies without supervision IMO, because being a babysitter is a huge responsibility and a child this young don't always follow instructions and not being able to deal with emergencies in case of accident or illness. I think there should be a minimum age set in law when a young person is allowed to babysit for a child. I still feel that 12 years old kids are way too young to take this responsibility as a babysitter.

gosh! i cant believe that..smh.. sigh.. parents should not let young babysitter better alike 15 yrs old to up..

15 years old to babysits a toddler? nope, too young.

Sometimes when babies/toddlers crys It will make the minors in charge frustrated, angry, and even irrational. This can lead to child abuse. Sometimes minors don't know how to stay focus and take deep breaths, so I do not think it's much of a good idea of any minors under the age of 18 should be babysitting any toddlers unless they have experiences in training of how to handle toddlers and babies.

That's major problem.. His previous was hurting his sister.. first case:
His attorneys initially said he accidentally killed 6-year-old Tiffany Eunick in 1999 while imitating pro wrestling moves. "ACCIDENTALLY" er um.. something wrong w/Parent's son's behavioral temper tatarum. Should have not gone for babysitter while Toddler around.. Isn't suitable idea! Why can't Parent knew about his son's behaviorally lately.. why keep continue babysit their children who under 9 yrs old.. Pretty scary! I think Parent are the one responsibly being neglected and acknowledged their older son who is 12 yrs old. Can be lead Self-Harmful hurting others children.

By the way Judge doesn't willing grant the 12 yrs old boy, lesser the charge..
What more, He was previous hurting his sister until now toddler girl already passed away by horrible batting up.. That extreme crazy.

He need a help seek professional..

His attorneys initially said he accidentally killed 6-year-old Tiffany Eunick in 1999 while imitating pro wrestling moves. "ACCIDENTALLY" er um.. something wrong w/Parent's son's behavioral temper tatarum. Should have not gone for babysitter while Toddler around.. Isn't suitable idea! Why can't Parent knew about his son's behaviorally lately.. why keep continue babysit their children who under 9 yrs old.. Pretty scary! I think Parent are the one responsibly being neglected and acknowledged their older son who is 12 yrs old. Can be lead Self-Harmful hurting others children.

What more, He was previous hurting his sister until now toddler girl already passed away by horrible batting up.. That extreme crazy.

Yike! Agreed! :Ohno:

No, It's not the same person, It stated that "The case is not the first in Florida where a boy so young has been charged in the death of a child. Lionel Tate was 12 when he beat and stomped to death a playmate half his age in Florida."

No, It's not the same person, It stated that "The case is not the first in Florida where a boy so young has been charged in the death of a child. Lionel Tate was 12 when he beat and stomped to death a playmate half his age in Florida."

Yeah... It's very similarly the case.

That major concern about the 12 yrs old is ready for babysitter?

Where the certification course of babysitting ? Isn't there.. That huge problem! If suppose the boy who 12 yrs old doesn't have certification for course of babysitting.. How can be Parent feel trusted his son ready babysitting their siblings?
I cannot believe my eyes laid on that news.. as same thing goes other states or provinces too.. Not only the one happening!

My daughter asked me, I want take course of babysitting.. I replied to her.. NO!
She asked me again, Why mom, can"t I ? I explain to her, You're not ready have take the babysitting course. She pissy off at me, and replied me back.. "YES MOM, I'M FRIGG'N READY BABYSITTING COURSE NOW!" I asked her nicely promptly.. are you ready? No, you're yelling and angry.. that shows me you're not ready behavioral properly.. She gulped and stop talk..

:giggle:

Angel said:
..My God with a baseball bat? ugghhhhhhh!!!!!

Ahhh...finally someone 'sees' what I'm seeing and thinking in terms of what happened. Like I mentioned before, the 'issues' surrounding the acceptable age for watching younger siblings and being home alone is once again, questionable and debatable. The mere fact of what action was done is one of being so-ever repulsive and very much disturbing. In other words, using a 'bat' isn't normal!! ;)

~RR

Ahhh...finally someone 'sees' what I'm seeing and thinking in terms of what happened. Like I mentioned before, the 'issues' surrounding the acceptable age for watching younger siblings and being home alone is once again, questionable and debatable. The mere fact of what action was done is one of being so-ever repulsive and very much disturbing. In other words, using a 'bat' isn't normal!! ;)
~RR

Exactly RR, you have to wonder what makes a 12 years old child used a baseball bat by beating her to death, obviously it seems to me that he had a very violent temper to do something this horrible, I have to wonder what his parents are like, there is a possibility he may become a serial killer in the future cause it's absolutely not normal for a child to do something like this. :sigh:

Poor little girl. She must have been so frightened in her last moments.

I hope they won't be lenient on the boy.

I started babysitting at 11 years old. I always had infants and young toddlers until I was 16 when I started babysitting older kids. I went through the babysitting course and would never have done that to any child. The one time I got frustrated I called my mom to come help me. I had help babysitting my half brother and half sisters until I was 15 just because they were harder to deal with. I agree 12 is a bit young but it also depends on the maturity of the babysitter. Sometimes the kids are responsible enough others aren't so. That should also be a factor in who you choose as a babysitter. I only use certain people to babysit my son. Most of that is due to his disabilities.

Back