Boxing + cochlear

Volcanbaru

Reaction score
What kind of risks would there be if I join boxing?

There's several reasons why I'm worrying about joining boxing, is that I have a cochlear. I don't know what would happen if I get hit on above my ear(that's where my cochlear is at).

What kind of risks would there be if I join boxing?

There's several reasons why I'm worrying about joining boxing, is that I have a cochlear. I don't know what would happen if I get hit on above my ear(that's where my cochlear is at).

same risk as hearing boxers... brain injury

Except that I have a cochlear implant.

I'm worrying about someone might hit me above my ear. The magnet under my skin might "shatter" my skull or something.

But amateurs boxing have to wear full head-gear...that might help...a lot.

That's good question. I think it's good idea for you to wear a GEAR helmet to prevent of brain injury or pull CI down.

I suggest you go to Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implant Forum. Someone will answer your question.

When in doubt, and there is a LOT to doubt about here, don't do it!

According to my CI center's newsletter, CI users are strongly discouraged from boxing for the very reasons you mentioned. If I were you, I'd avoid boxing all together.

Those benefits and risks are going to have to heavily be weighted and carefully thought out. If you feel you appreciate the benefits from CI enough then boxing may not be best. I love swimming, but wouldn't jump in a pool with pirranahs in it. It is hard to fight a passion with logical thinking and carefully weighing out long term rewards vs potential outcomes. If I had my sports taken from me, I would want to cease to exist, so I understand your POV and desires.

Those benefits and risks are going to have to heavily be weighted and carefully thought out. If you feel you appreciate the benefits from CI enough then boxing may not be best. I love swimming, but wouldn't jump in a pool with pirranahs in it. It is hard to fight a passion with logical thinking and carefully weighing out long term rewards vs potential outcomes. If I had my sports taken from me, I would want to cease to exist, so I understand your POV and desires.

:laugh2: It's correct spell is Piranha. In America don't have it. You're silly! LoL

According to my CI center's newsletter, CI users are strongly discouraged from boxing for the very reasons you mentioned. If I were you, I'd avoid boxing all together.

That's true. How about football and other sports which is not dangerous?

If I have CI. I refuse do boxing with others. How about playing wrestle not in a sport??

Not only sports but anyone with CI could fall onground or hit wall on the head right where CI residues on too. It has a certain risk for everyone with CIs... so think twice! It ain't for me but stay deaf.

Back