Born hearing/deaf

Originally posted by VamPyroX
So... your family is to blame for your deafness? If that is the case, why don't you sue them?

:confused: Sue the family for being deaf? I thought she's happy to be deaf.... aren't you, allisonjoy?

Originally posted by ChelEler
:confused: Sue the family for being deaf? I thought she's happy to be deaf.... aren't you, allisonjoy?
I dunno... if she isn't, then... SUE! SUE! SUE! :deal:

I became deaf at the age of 4 from an antibiotic overdose to treat Bronchitis. I had a severe case of Bronchitis and went to the dr right away.. the dr obviously didn't pay attention to the amount he was giving me :roll: I was in France with my grandmother visiting her relatives that time, so I was treated there. About almost 2 weeks after we got home from France, they got suspicious because I was watching TV and had put the volume all the way up. My grandfather came up to me and put the volume down and asked me why I put it up so loud. I said it was broken.. that's when they took me to the dr and found out I was deaf. They were upset but accepted it and tried to help find the best education and needs I needed. :)

So... your family is to blame for your deafness? If that is the case, why don't you sue them?
:roll: why would i?? i am MORE than happy to be deaf. plffty

My mom had german measles while pregant with me that caused my deafness. As far as I know, there is no deaf in my family generation either on my father or mother's side.

I was born with it due to the fact it runs on my father's side. My little sister has a very "tiny" hearing impairment (dont know how to explain that but she is pretty much hearing than i am since i wear hearing aids..) Anyway, it started in the old days where my grandmother used some chemical to "cure" ear infections in her children including my dad. i don't know how long she was doing that but it was long enough to damage the inner ear to a point that they all started to having hearing problems in their adult years. by the way, my deceased grandmother had 9 kids so picture that! anyhow, she found out too late from a doctor that she was using a poisonous chemical and stopped using it. so now, i have to talk louder to my dad and my dad tried to talk lower to me. he talks too loud but he cannot hear himself well..LOL

OMG... sue?? no way!!!
boom.gif

I was born hard of hearing due to an infection in my mom's stomach and it wasn't known.. the docs finally said I was deaf by the age of 2 and half- it took them longer cuz I was already lipreading from birth.
Then by the age of 12, I lost everything in my left ear.. and then in my right ear by 13. No idea of why.
We never knew what caused my hearing loss until I went into for an MRI at the age of 14 and found that I had some of the thing in my brain from my mom. But the doctors say that it wasn't the cause of my hearing fully.. so it's still unknown.
I'm the only one deaf in the entire family. Right now, my cousins are trying to learn and Im teaching them :-D

Last edited:
me <----- Rubella Kid!!! I know pretty late for 1972. Most Rubella kids from mid of 1960's especially 1964. I am so proud of being DEAF.

I was born hearing, went deaf at 6 years old with mumps and spinal menegitis fever

Back