Bored Trying to start a good conversation

Tiffb831

Reaction score
If you're bored and want to start a good conversation about anything..

Respond to the post...:hmm:

Tired and going to bed. Here is a subject for you to think about: ever been camping so far from the city that you do not see anyone for days? I did this on a canoe trip to Quetico Provincial Park in Ontario. No roads, no cars, no motor boats. Just serenity.....only thing that made it suck was the "morning drop" deep in the woods. :giggle: Even that had some pleasant moments. I found myself missing the scenery when I was back home, staring straight ahead at the wall.

Tired and going to bed. Here is a subject for you to think about: ever been camping so far from the city that you do not see anyone for days? I did this on a canoe trip to Quetico Provincial Park in Ontario. No roads, no cars, no motor boats. Just serenity.....only thing that made it suck was the "morning drop" deep in the woods. :giggle: Even that had some pleasant moments. I found myself missing the scenery when I was back home, staring straight ahead at the wall.

No way for me! I love my father's favorite saying which was "I like the feeling of God's good green pavement beneath my feet!"

Citified.

I understand your boredom. lol. I am working this weekend. I would be home already but the snow stranded me at work. What is new with you? Im getting married, so I've been busy planning a wedding, balancing that, college, and work. A camping trip sounds lovely........ dreams.

Sorry to hear you're getting snow Jasmine, but you can keep it there. LOL It sounds like you are quite busy, but at least planning a wedding is exciting and something to look forward to. Congrats!

iv been really bored these past few days too!! Is anybody on here at the moment?

Does anybody know what a "mole" looks like? Not the kind on ur face or body....but the ones that wreck havoc in ur nice lawn!!!

Whenever I see a mole hole, I take the shovel and beat the heck out of it!...Still the next few days, it's somewhere else! Guess it's their family, I dunno, or the darn mole escaped the beating with the shovel! Makes me want to stick a piece of dynamite in the hole and blow the bugger to bits!!!

Does anybody know what a "mole" looks like? Not the kind on ur face or body....but the ones that wreck havoc in ur nice lawn!!!

Whenever I see a mole hole, I take the shovel and beat the heck out of it!...Still the next few days, it's somewhere else! Guess it's their family, I dunno, or the darn mole escaped the beating with the shovel! Makes me want to stick a piece of dynamite in the hole and blow the bugger to bits!!!

I don't know where you live but in USA - it's most likely gophers or prairie dogs.

I don't know where you live but in USA - it's most likely gophers or prairie dogs.

NOPE!...Never seen a gopher or a prairie dog!...I'm down South in Florida. What would a prairie dog be doing in the ground? As for gophers, don't they chew on wood? HAHA (Just asking)...

Moles dig what looks to be "tunnels" under the earth in ur lawns. My dog even digs after them, trying to catch it!..Never has, tho'

NOPE!...Never seen a gopher or a prairie dog!...I'm down South in Florida. What would a prairie dog be doing in the ground? As for gophers, don't they chew on wood? HAHA (Just asking)...
haha! you're thinking of BEAVER lol! prairie dog's a burrowing rodents too. I think it's called "dog" cuz it barks LOL.

Moles dig what looks to be "tunnels" under the earth in ur lawns. My dog even digs after them, trying to catch it!..Never has, tho'
yea. the annoying digger. nasty looking one too. I just did some quick google search -

Scalopus aquaticus
eastern mole
Geographic Range

Scalopus aquaticus is found from southeastern Wyoming, South Dakota, and central Texas east to Michigan, Massachusetts, and New England, south to the tip of Florida, and north to Ontario. Small relict populations are found in southwestern Texas and in northwestern Mexico.

haha! you're thinking of BEAVER lol! prairie dog's a burrowing rodents too. I think it's called "dog" cuz it barks LOL.

yea. the annoying digger. nasty looking one too. I just did some quick google search -

Scalopus aquaticus
eastern mole

Not nasty looking! It looks like a furry potato with flippers and a nose. Wasn't there a mole in Wind in the Willows, or one of those old children's books?

Yeah, that must be it!...Dunno what they eat, maybe earth worms? or any bugs..They can spread out and make a mess or ur lawn!...I'm reluctant to put down any poisons due to dogs and cats...I'll just go to Home Depot and see what they got for them.

Nasty little boogers! Moles do wreck havoc on lawns.

My father in law had them on his lawn. Went to Tractor Supply and bought some smoke sticks or smoke bombs! That are specifically for moles and other burrowing animals. Seemed to work.

They also sell traps.

Yeah, that must be it!...Dunno what they eat, maybe earth worms? or any bugs..They can spread out and make a mess or ur lawn!...I'm reluctant to put down any poisons due to dogs and cats...I'll just go to Home Depot and see what they got for them.

source
Q: Is a mole predator or prey?
A: They are both. Moles eat small invertebrates and earthworms found in the soil. They will also catch and eat small mice. They are on the lunch list of many other predators, cats, canines and many bird species such as owls and hawks all consider moles as an easy source of food.

Speaking of mole: An Australia's mole: Southern Marsupial Mole doesn't have any eyes. As they are known as "blind sand burrower". I learned something new today about Chordate Diversity lecture.

Not nasty looking! It looks like a furry potato with flippers and a nose. Wasn't there a mole in Wind in the Willows, or one of those old children's books?

the mole doesn't definitely look like the one in story book

Yea, I would like to share somethin', too. I hate ants that are all over the front yard. There are alots of ant hills everywhere. I was thinkin' about puttin' somethin' on the front yard where I can invite some deaf friends to join and chat --- but, gee look at those ants. Any suggestion how to get rid of them ?

Of course, I know this is Florida. :lol: Gee, I am soo picky! LOL!!

Yea, I would like to share somethin', too. I hate ants that are all over the front yard. There are alots of ant hills everywhere. I was thinkin' about puttin' somethin' on the front yard where I can invite some deaf friends to join and chat --- but, gee look at those ants. Any suggestion how to get rid of them ?

Of course, I know this is Florida. :lol: Gee, I am soo picky! LOL!!

Pour gasoline down the ant hills?

Back