Books! (And similar things)

StSapphire

Reaction score
Well, okay, I don't actually read physical "books" anymore. I got a Kindle, so I read on that instead!

So, what've you been reading lately?

I recently finished "Kingpin" ( [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kingpin-Hacker-Billion-Dollar-Cybercrime-Underground/dp/0307588688/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1302030577&sr=1-2-catcorr]Amazon.com: Kingpin: How One Hacker Took Over the Billion-Dollar Cybercrime Underground (9780307588685): Kevin Poulsen: Books[/ame] ) and am looking for a new book. I'm thinking my next purchase may be "Good and Real" ( [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Good-Real-Demystifying-Paradoxes-Bradford/dp/0262042339]Amazon.com: Good and Real: Demystifying Paradoxes from Physics to Ethics (Bradford Books) (9780262042338): Gary L. Drescher: Books[/ame] ) unless I get better suggestions from people here.

Scourge a Grim Doyle Adventure. That is a free Kindle book.

Oooh, I like free books. That way even if I don't like them, I didn't lose anything!

Though I looked that book up and it's now $1, not free. Must've been a limited time thingy.

I'm in the middle of The Hangman's Daughter on my kindle. I hardly have time to read for leisure anymore :( so it's been neglected for a while... hopefully soon I will be able to pick it up again. At this rate, I'll have to start over since I've forgotten what's going on in the book, ha.

I have a Kobo and get books from the Free Library of Philadelphia. Since I don't live in Philly or it's surrounding 'burbs, I paid $15 for a library card so I could electronically borrow books. I may sign up for a Wash DC library card too (I think it's $20), but you have to show up in person w/in ?30 days? of applying to get it so I'll wait till I'm in the area (it's only 2 hours away). I'd like to go to the National Zoo this spring/summer and there's a library "up the street" from there (or at least "up the metro"), so maybe I'll do it then.

Recently read

I am addicted to reading! At the very least 1 book a week!
I've recently read:
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
Dark Secrets 1 and 2 by Elizabeth Chandler
and am currently reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
FB has a great app. called visual bookshelf.
Thanks for asking!
Michelle

I am addicted to reading! At the very least 1 book a week!
I've recently read:
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
Dark Secrets 1 and 2 by Elizabeth Chandler
and am currently reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
FB has a great app. called visual bookshelf.
Thanks for asking!
Michelle

How was Little Bee? I've been looking at that one, think I'll get it soon...

Oh, I completely forgot!

Everyone who is a person with a sense of humor and is alive should read the "Discworld" series by Terry Pratchett. Best books ever!

I used to read books everyday. I rarely ever read books now but I should start reading again.

I used to read books everyday. I rarely ever read books now but I should start reading again.

I was the same way. Then I got a Kindle. Now the only time I'm not reading is when I get into a new video game (currently: Radiant Historia, Nintendo DS).

I ready daily from books that I get at the library, and on the E-reader from the library. I do have the PCNook from B&N, but for some reason, it will not allow me to read my books any longer. I have to call customer service and they do not accept TTY type calls and I can't get anyone with clear enough speech that the relay team can handle for my CapTel phone.

We go to 2 libraries every Wednesday and I check out anywhere between 4-10 books a week.

I ready daily from books that I get at the library, and on the E-reader from the library. I do have the PCNook from B&N, but for some reason, it will not allow me to read my books any longer. I have to call customer service and they do not accept TTY type calls and I can't get anyone with clear enough speech that the relay team can handle for my CapTel phone.

We go to 2 libraries every Wednesday and I check out anywhere between 4-10 books a week.

Do you use AIM? Could use IP Relay.

Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen is a great book. It's coming to theatres soon, but I'd recommend reading the book before you see the movie.

The Lady Detective Agency is a series by Alexander McCall Smith is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

I've seen good reviews of both those books, CSign-

i have so many books I'm half-way through or haven't started....one of the ones I'm especially looking forward to is Dr. Sophia Yin's newest book on low-stress animal handling for staff/people in vet offices. I got that one at one of her seminars.

Books and things

Well I haven't got a kindle yet..but have always been an avid reader..since I am suppose to be resting..(laughing, I feel great) I still read a book about every 3 days...If you want something a little deeper try ..
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl I love this quote from the book.." The meaning of our existence is not invented by ourselves, but rather detected." I read it twice because it was condusive to finding what I like to call "safe harbor" within myself. If you can find it..please give it a read..

Laughing..I didn't read it twice because my darn brain forgot what I had read!
Peace to all..Midnight♥♥♥

Back