Bold and Blunt, is it good or bad?

Vance

Reaction score
20050312.jpg

20050316.jpg

After reading these comics... I know, I know that these characters are fake and all but I wonder about this... Before I say anything, I want to say that I hope NOT that it will happen... anyway here's 'what if', whenever I become a single and finally get out of 'baggage' (old feelings, hurt, all craps that we all carried right after break up or whatever) I will try to test myself by being so bold and blunt like that gal to see if it will make any difference in dating situation... Of course come with common sense and etiquette manner...

What's the point of this topic? I'd like to know what's your opinion of that 'blunt' attitude Emma had? Is it good? Or is it bad? For general dating issues/situation.

I wouldnt like it if a guy is bold and blunt with me. I would be flattered but would not take him seriously as it would give me an assumption that if he is so bold/blunt, he does that with all girls. I would feel pressured and pushed. Most bold and blunt men I know are players/womanizers as they have that ultra-confidence. Most shy men I know take their time.

But I dont want it to become drama or game either. There has to be a balance there for me. It doesnt have to be on either side of the spectrum nor does it have to be black and white.

Deaf258 said:
I like bold and blunt. It saves time, money and heartache.
Good point. I was sick of these as well.. I am very grateful that Nas is not like other women, she was somewhat blunt with me when she asked me for a date.

Meg said:
I wouldnt like it if a guy is bold and blunt with me. I would be flattered but would not take him seriously as it would give me an assumption that if he is so bold/blunt, he does that with all girls. Most bold and blunt men I know are players/womanizers as they have that ultra-confidence. Most shy men I know take their time.

But I dont want it to become drama or game either. There has to be a balance there for me. It doesnt have to be on either side of the spectrum nor does it have to be black and white.
You have good points... I never think about that part. I sure as hell don't want to give them the message that I am a player/womanizer (which I am not)... Hmm, well... from here, I think being blunt does pay off in some way but again, apparently that there are some cons about 'being blunt' after all...

I think it is good-- Emma has her own personality and she can blow off those "suave" guys who think they can get away with anything. The world needs more Emmas! Enough of air-head, faint-prone, batting-eyelashes, and airy voiced-women-- WE NEED STRONG WOMEN-- that know what they want and know how to get it. :naughty:

[Hanging up the "Rosie the Riveter" banner]

[EDITED:

The only "con for being blunt" is that the guys (or women on an opposite side of the spectrum) got their egos bruised and are in for some harsh cold truth.

I could say I am somewhat blunt-- I will blow off my co-worker if I think s/he is being totally unethical. C (my hubby) kept complaining about the way his co-workers work and the laziness he had to deal with-- I looked at him and said, "Do something. Tell them that you won't take any more of their crap. In nicer words, of course." I am *aggressive* but I have practiced to be more humble yet subtle in my bluntness to enable the people to realize their errors before I totally slap it into their faces. I met an old teacher from my former high school (he is Deaf but I never took his class-- he knew me through the classmates) and he was impressed at how much "I have improved in my approach and attitude toward people"... I raised my eyebrow at him and said, "Are you sure?"
To the point-- yes I have suffered the backlash by my blunt sword *people don't like me, et cetera* but it is better than sitting on my hands and put on my courteous facade. But I think in the end, being blunt does pay off-- it gives you an reputation that nobody won't mess with you and you deal with less problems compared to an un-blunt person. I have earned some good friends for a lifetime compared to bunch of "toxic, temporary" friends when I am diplomatic. I don't want anyboyd to be misled that I DO like them and think they are the best when I am bending over the tiolet and retching. Enough of rubbing my nose into people's arses.
I am not a "brown-noser"!

Last edited:
I think that blunt attitudes are appropriate for something that's tough or harsh. However, I don't think that being blunt all the time is appropriate. I know a guy at NTID who's so damn blunt with everything. He takes his deaf pride so far and thinks that he knows everything. He's very blunt when it comes to approaching people. It turns off a lot of people here. :(

gnarlydorkette said:
I think it is good-- Emma has her own personality and she can blow off those "suave" guys who think they can get away with anything. The world needs more Emmas! Enough of air-head, faint-prone, batting-eyelashes, and airy voiced-women-- WE NEED STRONG WOMEN-- that know what they want and know how to get it. :naughty:

[Hanging up the "Rosie the Riveter" banner]
Heheh... I bet that many men would rather to run away or avoid from women like Emma if they are very blunt.

gnarlydorkette said:
[EDITED:

The only "con for being blunt" is that the guys (or women on an opposite side of the spectrum) got their egos bruised and are in for some harsh cold truth.

To the point-- yes I have suffered the backlash by my blunt sword *people don't like me, et cetera* but it is better than sitting on my hands and put on my courteous facade. But I think in the end, being blunt does pay off-- it gives you an reputation that nobody won't mess with you and you deal with less problems compared to an un-blunt person. I have earned some good friends for a lifetime compared to bunch of "toxic, temporary" friends when I am diplomatic. I don't want anyboyd to be misled that I DO like them and think they are the best when I am bending over the tiolet and retching. Enough of rubbing my nose into people's arses.
I am not a "brown-noser"!
:rofl: but you are absolutely correct about being blunt. I learned the hard way about being soft in the past... People took the advantage of that until I finally stood up and be very blunt or even asshole at that point to show where I stand on. It appears that it solved my problem and I am well-known for being blunt in some point ever since.

I asked Nas last night about this right after she read the comic when I showed her, "What if I haven't meet you, I am very blunt and ask you out... what will you answer to that?" To my surprise that she said she would reject me. She also was saying that my shyness made me more attractive & sexy which turned her on, that's one of reasons why she asked me out. She even said that shyness is always good sign in any kind of relationship. I was not sure what she meant by that last comment so I asked her again about it... she smiled and said nothing :/

Beowulf said:
Ahhhh, youth.
Heh :P

VamPyroX said:
I think that blunt attitudes are appropriate for something that's tough or harsh. However, I don't think that being blunt all the time is appropriate. I know a guy at NTID who's so damn blunt with everything. He takes his deaf pride so far and thinks that he knows everything. He's very blunt when it comes to approaching people. It turns off a lot of people here.
Hmm, yeah I can see your point about that part.

No I don't do that.
And I don't want men doing that to me either.

Emma shouldn't do that. Because there is no love there.

Back