Bluetooth hearing aids experiences

rainy25

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am considering going private to get decent hearing aids, as the nhs audi is hopeless and the new hearing aids i got are no good.I am severely deaf.

I am interested in the GN resound Linx/Starkley Halo hearing aids for the iphone. Anyone have those hearing aids?

I would like to improve the clarity of understanding speech. For instance, if someone is behind me- I can hear the talking but can't make out what they are saying- hope this make sense!

so any suggestions on great bluetooth enabled hearing aids?

I use Widex which has a directional mic to hear people to the side, in front or behind me. I had Starkey for barely six months before replacing them with Widex Clear 440. The clarity was better...

Laura

If your severely deaf I would be surprised if you will find any HA that will allow you to hear and understand what is being said behind you. You will need to see what the person is saying so you can also read their lips to understand what they are saying, it's not the HA's it's the degree of your hearing loss that is getting in the way.

As for Bluetooth enabled HA's they will help you understand what is being said on the phone better than what you are probably doing right now and will probably also help with watching TV also.

If your NHS audi doesn't know how to program your HA's for a severe loss than it's time to move on and if your having additional problems with them then it might be time to go private.

If your severely deaf I would be surprised if you will find any HA that will allow you to hear and understand what is being said behind you.

I fall into this category and the Widex do allow you to hear from behind. Bear in mind though that it's also going to depend on the noise level in the room at the time and how many people are speaking. I use the feature mainly for meetings at work to hear the person talking behind me. Otherwise, it's unnecessary. The Bluetooth on the Widex is excellent. Highly recommended but go with what works for you. Hearing aids aren't a one size fits all device and everyone is different....

I went private after finding NHS provision inadequate. BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT! I now have Phonak Naida Q70 UPs and they are brilliant. I still can't hear well behind me, I think that is just a limitation of my hearing loss, but I do have a Phonak ComPilot bluetooth streamer, with the TV link, and the sound quality with it for listening to music, TV etc. is excellent. These hearing aids are better than anything the NHS has ever provided me with, so I say, if you can afford it GO FOR IT! I also now have lovely purple coloured HAs after 43 years of wearing horrible NHS beige!

thank you guys for your reply

I have an appointment booked with private audi soon, so I will research more about Widex and Phonak hearing aids!

That is true, I guess that is my hearing loss levels and I have to accept that. Going off the topic now guys, will the CI allows me to hear from behind (word by word) and have phone conversations? I am exploring alternatives as I am working in an hearing environment with hearing clients and it is very difficult.

Thank you for your input!!

Anyone.....what is meant, in this context here, by "going private"???

Anone.....what is meant, in this context here, by "going private"???

They are from the UK where they have a National Health Service that is paid for with their tax money. But . . . there are limitations to the choices you have when using it. If you are willing to pay for it yourself, you can see someone in private practice and have more choices but my understanding (I am from the USA) is that it can be expensive.

Yup that is right. Going private mean paying for it yourself and having more choices.

Yes, much more choice, and newer technology, plus being able to access the programmes you want on your HAs rather than those that an NHS audiologist, who can hear, thinks you should have! An all round better experience in my opinion!

Back