Bluetooth accessories for Phonak Nadia

goldpony

Reaction score
I'm looking for an opinion and/or advice on any Bluetooth compatible that will work with Phonak Nadia. I just got this new hearing aids and I have a lot to learn how to use this. I enjoy listen to music with NoiZfree Dual Silhouette Cellphone Telecoil with my old hearing aids but it won't work with this hearing aids. Is there any recommended Bluetooth headset that I could use with my ComPilot?? Or any transmitter adapter that I can use with my iPod?? I would love to hear advantages and disadvantages for using the Bluetooth technology. I also would like to know about Bluetooth compatible regular landline phone. Remember, I'm just learning and please help me learn. I surely appreciate it.
goldpony

I'm looking for an opinion and/or advice on any Bluetooth compatible that will work with Phonak Nadia. I just got this new hearing aids and I have a lot to learn how to use this. I enjoy listen to music with NoiZfree Dual Silhouette Cellphone Telecoil with my old hearing aids but it won't work with this hearing aids. Is there any recommended Bluetooth headset that I could use with my ComPilot?? Or any transmitter adapter that I can use with my iPod?? I would love to hear advantages and disadvantages for using the Bluetooth technology. I also would like to know about Bluetooth compatible regular landline phone. Remember, I'm just learning and please help me learn. I surely appreciate it.
goldpony

I am no expert but do have a T-coil program added to my Nadia (no extra hardware just a program). In my case I am using it with the Williams Personal PA Receiver at my church. I happen to prefer a neckloop to the earhook but either works.

This combination (T-coil program and neckloop) can also be used with my cell phone but I prefer having paired the ComPilot with the cell phone. My hearing is such that I cannot understand any conversation without combining what sound I get with lip reading. With them paired I use the Mobile CapTel app from Hamilton Hamilton CapTel: Smartphone to read what people are saying to me. The advantage of what sound it gives me is that if I call someone I know when they have finished their greeting and I can say something to keep them from hanging up with I finish reading what they said. I can hold the phone at an angle that makes it the easiest to read and the ComPilot will transmit my voice to the phone. So much easier that moving the phone back and forth.

goldpony

The advantage of using the ComPilot is the audio it is streaming goes directly to both HA's, so you don't need any additional Bluetooth headset. You will need the TVlink if you want to use the Bluetooth to watch TV. You can use a audio cable from your TV audio out plugged into the ComPilot to listen to the TV if you don't mind being tethered to the TV. I've had mixed results with the Bluetooth landline phones cutting in and out with my Oticon Streamer, so I don't know how they would work with the ComPilot. A friend of mine uses his ComPilot with his cellphone and says it works great though. Hope this helps.

I don't have any problem watching tv. I'm just aggravated when I'm driving down the road, I can hardly hear the music but the road. I found out that you can use any bluetooth landline phone and it'll work with your HA as long it has a VOIIS. I'm still studying more on this. I'm getting a transmitter/receiver for my iPod and see if it works. I'm doing all kind of experiments. Just a tryout. :)

same step can be repeated to end the call.

What steps and parts are necessary to connect iCom directly to a: Laptop, iPod (or other MP3 player), TV, or Stereo system?
This can be done either using the provided audio cable or by connecting a Bluetooth audio transmitter and following the manufacturer’s pairing instructions. Phonak carries two audio transmitters; one is by JABRA called A120s and the other by Mobile Action Technologies called VOIIS.

How many devices can be paired to an iCom?
iCom can be paired to a maximum of 8 devices, although only two (one phone and one audio) devices can be connected at a time.

What type of streaming takes priority in the iCom?
Priority is as follows:

Bluetooth phone call
Audio jack
FM receiver
Bluetooth stereo headset

I don't have any problem watching tv. I'm just aggravated when I'm driving down the road, I can hardly hear the music but the road. I found out that you can use any bluetooth landline phone and it'll work with your HA as long it has a VOIIS. I'm still studying more on this. I'm getting a transmitter/receiver for my iPod and see if it works. I'm doing all kind of experiments. Just a tryout. :)

same step can be repeated to end the call.

What steps and parts are necessary to connect iCom directly to a: Laptop, iPod (or other MP3 player), TV, or Stereo system?
This can be done either using the provided audio cable or by connecting a Bluetooth audio transmitter and following the manufacturer’s pairing instructions. Phonak carries two audio transmitters; one is by JABRA called A120s and the other by Mobile Action Technologies called VOIIS.

How many devices can be paired to an iCom?
iCom can be paired to a maximum of 8 devices, although only two (one phone and one audio) devices can be connected at a time.

What type of streaming takes priority in the iCom?
Priority is as follows:

Bluetooth phone call
Audio jack
FM receiver
Bluetooth stereo headset

your audi can set the mics to low or off while listening to audio on the iCom.

I'll to go back within a week, I'll ask my audiologist about it. Thank..

goldpony

I had this PM all composed in response to yours and then a very strange thing happened. As a result I a copying both here. I am adding bold to what I got when I tried to send the PM that follows it.

goldpony has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

The PM is OK but I like the idea of information being in the forum for others that may have the same or similar questions.

The T-coil program was added to my aid (one ear is no response so don't wear an aid on that side) early on as we were deciding what programs would be most useful. I can turn it on either with the aid or the ComPilot. When using it I do wear a second neckloop (prefer neckloop to an earhook like what you have mentioned having — either can work). The reason for having both on is that I find things easier to control with the Compilot rather than the very small controls on the aid itself.

Of course, the ComPilot must be one when using Bluetooth accessories such as a paired cell phone.

You have quite a number of questions. So to keep from forgetting any of them at your next appointment, I suggest making a written list and taking it with you.

Good Luck
Jane

Back