Blu-ray

mandi

Reaction score
Just wondering.... I got blu-ray dvd player, ummm here is my question... why is the movies only playing the ones that has subtitles available on dvde but not the one through TV?? Did I do something wrong??? I tried to figure this out but could not.... Any suggestion???:roll:

These subtitles are implemented in the Blu Rau Disc, and they are transmitted via HDMI cable. Just for your information, they dont support Closed Captions unfortunately, only SDH (Subtitles for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired)

You should ask salesperson that you want to see demo before you buy Blu-Ray player. You can get refund $$$ (blu-ray player) but no refund any Movie Blu-Ray disc.

About two years ago, I explained them that we do not like subtitle at all. They were happy to set up regular CC instead subtitle. We learned that Blu-Ray player and movie does not show CC. We learned that HDMI cable does not support CC. Just Supervideo and some Component cable (Red, Green and Blue) support CC.

You should ask salesperson that you want to see demo before you buy Blu-Ray player. You can get refund $$$ (blu-ray player) but no refund any Movie Blu-Ray disc.

About two years ago, I explained them that we do not like subtitle at all. They were happy to set up regular CC instead subtitle. We learned that Blu-Ray player and movie does not show CC. We learned that HDMI cable does not support CC. Just Supervideo and some Component cable (Red, Green and Blue) support CC.

Sorry, but people shouldn't get a refund simply because their Blu-ray players cannot transmit the CC signal through the HDMI cable. People should do their homework before making a big investment. SDH is the standard for accessible HD entertainment these days whether you like it or not.

Sorry, but people shouldn't get a refund simply because their Blu-ray players cannot transmit the CC signal through the HDMI cable. People should do their homework before making a big investment. SDH is the standard for accessible HD entertainment these days whether you like it or not.

Any customers can refund if it's under 14 days of purchase, common return policy for US.

Any customers can refund if it's under 14 days of purchase, common return policy for US.

Well, depends on what stores. I know many stores wouldn't accept return if the box is open.

There are 3 movie studios that display CC-like subtitles (or SDH) - Universal Studio, Columbia Pictures, and Sony Pictures.

My suggestion to OP (original poster), learn to accept SDH like I did.

Well, depends on what stores. I know many stores wouldn't accept return if the box is open.

There are 3 movie studios that display CC-like subtitles (or SDH) - Universal Studio, Columbia Pictures, and Sony Pictures.

All of the major studios use SDH on Blu-ray.

Component cable and HDMI doesn't support to get CC track go through. Only S-Video, Composite video and coaxial support.

Read Banjo and mine on explain why it won't. In future, the firmware should solution. It's new tech adopt. There was so limited CC when CC decoder was first introduce. It will fix that allow anyone want to change size instead standard size on SDH. I'm very fine with SDH on DVD that most from Universal Studio always include.

Component cable and HDMI doesn't support to get CC track go through. Only S-Video, Composite video and coaxial support.

Read Banjo and mine on explain why it won't. In future, the firmware should solution. It's new tech adopt. There was so limited CC when CC decoder was first introduce. It will fix that allow anyone want to change size instead standard size on SDH. I'm very fine with SDH on DVD that most from Universal Studio always include.

Actually, component cables can carry the CC signal as long as it is in the interlaced mode (480i) but that means you cannot watch it in HD.

I means BD Player, not movie.

Actually, component cables can carry the CC signal as long as it is in the interlaced mode (480i) but that means you cannot watch it in HD.

I did test that one before and it didn't go in that well. I guess, different DVD player.

Didnt you know that Playstation 3 has the best Blu Ray Player?

I did use component cable on my DVD player, HDTV box and TIVO HD box. It does show CC.

In past. I have experience with some DVD players and TV won't work CC from component cable then, I have to use SuperVideo cable or Red, White (sound) and Yellow (video) cable.

That's English subtitles, not SDH.

Big difference.

You're missing my point.

I just watched Get Smart - I turned on "SDH" and it came out it looks like English subtitles (or cheapy foreign subtitles). Because the text always stay in one place - middle/bottom of the screen.

I've already explained in different thread that there are two kinds of SDH out there - one shows text that appears at position where character speaks - that's CC-like SDH. "Foreign subtitles" would only appears in the bottom middle of the screen -

Universal Studio, Sony Pictures, Columbia Pictures, and Sony Classic Pictures are only ones that showed CC-like SDH.

Yes, I know what you mean. But they are still subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing. I don't find it difficult to follow what people are saying at all. It's second nature to me.

In past. I have experience with some DVD players and TV won't work CC from component cable then, I have to use SuperVideo cable or Red, White (sound) and Yellow (video) cable.

Some DVD players may default to "progressive scan" and CC won't work with progressive scan if you are using component cables. You will have to go to DVD player's menu setup and change it to "interlace" or "non-progressive scan" mode in order to display CC with component cables.

Peter

You're missing my point.

I just watched Get Smart - I turned on "SDH" and it came out it looks like English subtitles (or cheapy foreign subtitles). Because the text always stay in one place - middle/bottom of the screen.

I've already explained in different thread that there are two kinds of SDH out there - one shows text that appears at position where character speaks - that's CC-like SDH. "Foreign subtitles" would only appears in the bottom middle of the screen -

Universal Studio, Sony Pictures, Columbia Pictures, and Sony Classic Pictures are only ones that showed CC-like SDH.

SDH and English Subtitle are DIFFERENT period.

SDH and English Subtitle are DIFFERENT period.

Ugh. :roll: I'm bored of arguing over the difference SDH after explaining several times and I'm not going to argue about it anymore. And this is my final post in this forum. Good luck with your life.

Back