Blu ray: CRASH (Dissapointing)

normally, if you look on dvd players/recorders remote control theres a button 'subtitles' push that whilst watching the film. I guess there is a possibility that PS3 does not have the CC chip built in....?

normally, if you look on dvd players/recorders remote control theres a button 'subtitles' push that whilst watching the film. I guess there is a possibility that PS3 does not have the CC chip built in....?

All American TV sets include built-in CC chip. Do Australian and New Zealander s tv sets include built-in teletext chip?

Just contact film companies and see about what happen.

If they don't help so you can request for refund from store so just return and tell them that subtitle isn't show up, regardless if subtitle is included on back of case.

PS3 has no CC chip, all CC are directly from TV and some DVD players if CC chip is included.

PS3 has no CC chip, all CC are directly from TV and some DVD players if CC chip is included.

Correct.

Jake, that movie you bought totally ripped you off. If it says so on the case that it contains english subtitles, then it SHOULD have the subtitles options shown at the disc menu. If not, then take it back and try the regular dvd version which have a better chance of showing subtitles.

Correct.

Jake, that movie you bought totally ripped you off. If it says so on the case that it contains english subtitles, then it SHOULD have the subtitles options shown at the disc menu. If not, then take it back and try the regular dvd version which have a better chance of showing subtitles.

I agree that.

Jake, you should exchange to DVD version movie.

Correct.

I agree that.

Jake, you should exchange to DVD version movie.

This is a blu ray movie, and it will not work on a normal DVD player but I will ask my friend to test it, on his blu ray player, he has one.

This is a blu ray movie, and it will not work on a normal DVD player but I will ask my friend to test it, on his blu ray player, he has one.

Read carefully: try to exchange/ or switch to regular DVD.

Read carefully: try to exchange/ or switch to regular DVD.
Well, I already have a copy of the DVD one, my parents has it and unfortunately, doesn't have subittles nor captions either. Strange concidence, eh?

Well, I already have a copy of the DVD one, my parents has it and unfortunately, doesn't have subittles nor captions either. Strange concidence, eh?

then thats super fucked up. my brother have that movie (DVD) as well...I'll check it and see if it have subtitles.

Of course it's the American version so...PS3 should be region free, correct?

then thats super fucked up. my brother have that movie (DVD) as well...I'll check it and see if it have subtitles.

Of course it's the American version so...PS3 should be region free, correct?
I have no idea bro but I think it is region locked -- to Region 3 or 4.

that true it shit happen to me aswell

This is the normal main menu - I expected to turn on the CC via the audio set up

w1p3sl.jpg

and I went in and see NO captions enable option visble there at all

2ep808x.jpg

i brought dvd blue ray of rocky balboa i been tried to set up don't work and no caption and subtitles i think they are ripped me off i from england in the uk:rl:

If it's true that they did not put in any CC or Subtitles as the case says so, then they are violating the FCC laws and the disabilities act.

Call the film studios who is responsible for the dvd/blu-ray productions.

JClarke, one other question...Have you hit the Triangle button in the middle of the movie which brings up the on screen menu, and you would see the subtitles option there for on/off, etc...did you try that as well?

JClarke, one other question...Have you hit the Triangle button in the middle of the movie which brings up the on screen menu, and you would see the subtitles option there for on/off, etc...did you try that as well?
I did, same thing - no subtitles/captions.

It sounds like Blu Ray movie with subtitles that aren't showing up even tho it has subtitles....I think you should try exchanging that movie with other one...that one you got might be defective.

HDMI and Component cables can not carry over the CC signal. At least from my understanding.

When I had a DVD player with HDMI technology, I always had to resort to using English Subtitles. If the movie was w/o subs but with CC, I used the S-Video cable.

HDMI and Component cables can not carry over the CC signal. At least from my understanding.

When I had a DVD player with HDMI technology, I always had to resort to using English Subtitles. If the movie was w/o subs but with CC, I used the S-Video cable.

It's very complicated to get CC via HDMI and Component, however, there is still VERY little possibility that CC can work thru those cables. It just depends. Of course, I know CC can work very well via composite.

Back