BlockBusters for CC....

trekwarpspeed

Reaction score
i went stop by Blockbusters because of 2 dvd movies didn't appear with closed caption. i asked worker that i need replace 2 different movies because of CC. worker didnt know what do with trade movies. she asked to manager about this. manager seems to me almost disagree but she said one a time. i felt that stupid manager said once. she wrote to me (WE CAN ONLY DO THIS ONE TIME, BUT IM PUTTING A NOTE ON YOUR ACCOUNT TO HAVE OUR DOUBLE CHECK THE MOVIES HAVE SUBTITLES IN ENGLISH!) what if next time dvd with label CC then could happen CC didn't work then worker will said sorry can't do trade movies. that is suck!!!:shock:

They're supposed to exchange movies if the label is incorrect.

If you rent movie that said Blockbuster exclusive, I can guarantee you that it won't include CC.

I have checked many times and never find one with BB exclusive that includes CC EVEN though the movie itself has CC. Not sure why BB removed it, kinda discriminating, isn't it?

I'm sorry about your experience at BB.

Last year, I took it back to the BB store next day and I explained to that guy what was wrong with DVD because it has no CC or no subtitle on DVD movie. He was happy to exchange another movie for free. He understood how I feel about without CC or no subtitle. He says, "Next time, If no CC or no subtitle, you let me know", he's nice friendly and understanding person. Anyway, I also use netflix online to see if they have CC or not before I rent however I rented "Mad money" with Diane Keaton and Queen Latifah, I thought it says CC/subtitle on "Mad money" but not. I was like confused and mad :pissed: becuz I want to watch that and it doesn't make sense that movie "Mad money" is like new should have CC/subtitle and released on DVD a couple month ago. Oh, well I'm disappointed :roll: That's about it.

If you rent movie that said Blockbuster exclusive, I can guarantee you that it won't include CC.

I have checked many times and never find one with BB exclusive that includes CC EVEN though the movie itself has CC. Not sure why BB removed it, kinda discriminating, isn't it?
Are you sure about that? I've rented them and some of them are captioned. I think it depends on how it was set up.

It happened to me at BB. I glad I wouldn't go to Blockbuster for 5 years since
I have Netflix membership. I glad Netflix don't have failure for CC because
I checked on dvdempire.com that they have back of the box for CC or English SDH before I rented it; or if they don't have CC, I won't care, I will return
immediately without cost because I have monthly membership.

It happened to me at BB. I glad I wouldn't go to Blockbuster for 5 years since
I have Netflix membership. I glad Netflix don't have failure for CC because
I checked on dvdempire.com that they have back of the box for CC or English SDH before I rented it; or if they don't have CC, I won't care, I will return
immediately without cost because I have monthly membership.
Blockbuster Video immediately sends my next DVD if I have problems with the DVD I received. :)

I get my DVDs the day after they ship it. :)

Back then, I used to go to BB to rent movies. No CC or Subtitles, no problem. They'll happily exchange it. I explained to manager that box says English Subtitles and it show none. He tested and understood why. He told me if there any movies no CC or Subtitles in, bring it in and we'll exchange.

Right now, I have monthly BB membership. I sometime encounter no cc or subtitle. I simply sent email to BB online and mailed it back. They sent me next movie.

Managers in BB store should never discriminates deafie any ways. If u had plm, report it to BB headquarter and explain them situation. Hopefully they'll resolve it. I wish there are a way to force all movies to have subtitles on it and make sure it works 100%.. Or BB and Netflix can have open captioned dvd movies for deafies to to have better biz w/ them. We deafie are part of economics!

They can start working on each movies that are not subtitled or cc and add OC in it. MPAA got to understand that we need to understand movies or else they'll won't be making monies from deafie.

So where's our grassroot??

Catty

I felt you haven't given the explanation such as if you receive and decide to make hopefully to exchange on next day? If so, you would have tough to exchange. I usually do that right after saw on video as the label suppose told.

Blockbuster Video immediately sends my next DVD if I have problems with the DVD I received. :)

I get my DVDs the day after they ship it. :)

Darn it! Better, luck next time. Anyways, I will watching rent movies
in quotes by Netflix for: Transformers 20th Anniversary, and
White Noise 2 this weekend!

Darn it! Better, luck next time. Anyways, I will watching rent movies
in quotes by Netflix for: Transformers 20th Anniversary, and
White Noise 2 this weekend!
Transformers 20th Anniversary was one thing that I was very happy to get on DVD.

Years ago, I decided to watch that movie because I was older and thought I would understand it better with captioning. Well, I was wrong. The VHS version didn't have captioning. A few years later, another company bought the rights to distribute it. Again, no captioning. Recently, they finally released the DVD version... by a different company. This time, captioned! Finally!

The company that never made it captioned was in Canada. They also released the television series, which was also never captioned. :(

Funny, I have same experience but that's weird about the way they service to you. They should serve you to make you satisfaction. I have no problem with my local BB. they treat me nice even those movie have no CC or Subtitle. But keep in mind, Watch for Closed Caption (CC) or Subtitle for Deaf and Hear Hearing (SDH) label on back of case. Now I got brand new Sony 40" HDTV with Analog and Digital CC plus custom CC such as modify Size, Font, Text Color, Angle Shadow or Outline on Text, Transparent Text, Color on BG Box, Transparent or Solid BG Box, and Color for BG Box! Which is AWESOME! Okay, back to point about movie and do you know that low budget movie not always guarantee for CC or subtitle. Most well know movies come out will do have it. I already made new tread called "BAD NEWS: DVD Player = No (CC) Support" so you can read. it is truly sad.....

Back