Blizzard with 'life and death implications' hits D.C., Mid-Atlantic

:( Oh no, I was reading about people being stuck in their cars for up to 12 hours again-

AD'ers in those areas, stay safe!!

My daughter is working the 7-3 shift today at the hospital (she's a nursing student working as an nurse tech). She went in last night because they were setting up to let today's shift spend the night at the hospital. I just hope she stays after her shift till things clear up. I know she's not happy having to stay there, but it's for the best.

I hope that all the people within the path of the storm will stay safe, and that damage and power outages will be minimal.

I'm thankful for the public health, safety and services personnel who are working thru the storm.

I see bit about it on news all east coast could be involved.not good situation

Heard from brother- it's 14 inches where he lives (PA/DE area) and still coming down. We did get snow here in NC but doesn't look more than 1-2 inches. Don't know if we will get more later or not.

Heard from brother- it's 14 inches where he lives (PA/DE area) and still coming down. We did get snow here in NC but doesn't look more than 1-2 inches. Don't know if we will get more later or not.

The eye of the storm is just passing us now, I think (I thought it was here earlier), and the winds are picking up again and we'll get the backlash snow now. Blizzard warning is through to tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile in CA...

gAnINegFQ44.jpg

Having a rough time in NY seeing news.ok that snow storm coming to uk this week but will be rain and floods

At a time like this, I find this insensitive but then again, that never bothered you......

Being in the snow zone, it doesn't bother me. Then again, the snow hasn't bothered me either - yet (haven't been outside since Friday morning). :wave:

At a time like this, I find this insensitive but then again, that never bothered you......

I don't understand it picture of road with yellow things and mountain what that got to do with blizzard in NY.Is it American thing that lost on me

I don't understand it picture of road with yellow things and mountain what that got to do with blizzard in NY.Is it American thing that lost on me
authtentic was just pointing out how nice and sunny (and no snow) it is where he's located. Tousi was saying that it's not nice to "rub it in" that other parts of the country, or world for that matter, are enjoying beautiful weather while the east coast was getting dumped on with snow and ice.

authtentic was just pointing out how nice and sunny (and no snow) it is where he's located. Tousi was saying that it's not nice to "rub it in" that other parts of the country, or world for that matter, are enjoying beautiful weather while the east coast was getting dumped on with snow and ice.

Not to mention all the grief, danger millions have faced and something on the order of 17 deaths. I think there's a time for jokes and times there's not...I'm surprised he didn't dangle a loincloth....:lol:

The one person who died in Maryland was a well known Deaf NFL vlogger. He was only 50. While I didn't know him...several of my friends did and they are all in shock. He died shoveling the snow in the middle of the blizzard.

I see..that bit naughty of him..fatalities have happened..the people in north England have suffered and lost their homes due to flooding and on red alert that snow storm on its way to uk but be floods again.We praying won't be as bad as before Christmas but looking bad.
very surreal looking at NY city people got no food because so used going to restraint and they all closed.
American weather mystery to me

Not to mention all the grief, danger millions have faced and something on the order of 17 deaths. I think there's a time for jokes and times there's not...I'm surprised he didn't dangle a loincloth....:lol:

There are deaths during beautiful day in California. Please check obituary newspaper in the morning.

Back