Blind man kills Deaf man over noise

D

Deaf258

Deaf man killed over noise
From correspondents in Brisbane
20sep04

A BLIND man was jailed for eight years today for killing a deaf man by slashing his throat because he was enraged by the noise coming from his stereo and television.

George Gerard Goeldner, 49, pleaded guilty in the Brisbane Supreme Court for the manslaughter of Francis John Butcher, 54, on January 4, 2002.
Both men lived at the Aid For The Blind Complex at Fairfield on Brisbane's southside.

Prosecutor Michael Byrne said the men's units were 20 metres apart and Goeldner had made numerous complaints to management about the noise from Mr Butcher's unit.

Mr Byrne said Mr Butcher had been given head phones but wasn't using them because they were uncomfortable in the extreme summer heat.

Goeldner is 90 per cent blind and Mr Butcher was profoundly deaf, and had worked as a city based charity collector for the Aid For The Blind Association for decades.

Mr Byrne said Goeldner snapped when he heard Mr Butcher at the administration office telling staff he intended to have a good weekend, believing this meant he would be making a lot of noise.

Goeldner rushed out with a serrated kitchen knife and saw Mr Butcher at the letter boxes and put it to his throat.

He claimed Mr Butcher who had a prosthetic limb and depended on crutches, slipped from his grasp and his throat was slashed after he could no longer support his weight.

Justice James Douglas said psychiatrists agreed that Goeldner was of impaired mental capacity because of brain damage, depression and inadequate epilepsy medication.

that is just one strange story...

so weird about how interesting the battle between the blind and the deaf would work...

and it seems that the blind wins, even though he/she don't see anything at all lol

But anyway, it is really fucking stupid of killing someone over a noise you are annoyed about...if you dont like it, then find a way to deafen yourself! lol

Wow.. how can a blind man find the deaf man's throat? Kinda strange in a way...But, the fact is us deaf people don't realized the sounds are loud.. duh!

Cheri said:
Wow.. how can a blind man find the deaf man's throat? Kinda strange in a way...But, the fact is us deaf people don't realized the sounds are loud.. duh!
sometimes blind ppl can sense more things than the deaf do...in very mysterious and creepy ways, yet very interesting of how they do it. Blind ppl smell better than other ppl do and hear better than other ppl do so maybe he did it by "smelling" the other person and know where he is located, and then pull a stunt when the time is right, etc...you know stuff like that.

kinda like from the movie "daredevil"...maybe the blind old man just doesn't get used to such SO many noise than a hearing person does, you know? that's just my opinon after all

That's sad for such an incident to happen like that. :( More and more people seem unable to resolve conflicts in a rational way. :roll:

Most blind people can see to some extent........

Steel said:
sometimes blind ppl can sense more things than the deaf do...in very mysterious and creepy ways, yet very interesting of how they do it. Blind ppl smell better than other ppl do and hear better than other ppl do so maybe he did it by "smelling" the other person and know where he is located, and then pull a stunt when the time is right, etc...you know stuff like that.

kinda like from the movie "daredevil"...maybe the blind old man just doesn't get used to such SO many noise than a hearing person does, you know? that's just my opinon after all

True,
Blind has shape ears & smell.
Deaf has shape feeling & eyes.

Wow interesting, I never see in my life that blind is murder & kill Deaf

Ha, "Daredevil" - I have DVD. We love it. :mrgreen:

Never thought it's possible...

Well, well,...never thought I would read a story in which a blind man merely kills a deaf man for making noise?
It sends chills down my spine to think the impossible. :eek:
I have known several blind people and they are friendly. Remember this is just one blind man acting irrationally to the deaf man's making noises.
blue120 :)

Back