Blackberry

nikesj

Reaction score
I am doing some research on which pager device I may get next due to getting tired of the sidekick. I love my sidekick but it's so bulky and I've had it for almost two years. It is something I would like to move on to a new device. I know there is a new sidekick coming out soon which is much thinner. But there is also this Blackberry that I wouldnt mind getting. What's your opinion about the blackberry device? Suggestions?

Which Sidekick are you referring to? There's a new Sidekick design that's going around on the internet that's not the actual design. It's thinner than the original and is all black. That's a fake design. As for the Blackberry RIM, it sounds good... but it's a big big for me. I'd probably go for the new Sidekick that's coming out soon or get a Nokia 6800... since I'm oral and could use it myself for emergencies. ;)

the slidekick thinner is hoax in the emails. My hearing friend call slidekick company to do search. They did not provide thinner device. It is hoax !!

Blackberry is bigger to carry around. The radio is excellent when you go in country or mountains. You constantly get the message. Today, I order slidekick through *
I would love blackberry but it is too expensive for me to purchase it. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
VamPyroX said:
Which Sidekick are you referring to? There's a new Sidekick design that's going around on the internet that's not the actual design. It's thinner than the original and is all black. That's a fake design. As for the Blackberry RIM, it sounds good... but it's a big big for me. I'd probably go for the new Sidekick that's coming out soon or get a Nokia 6800... since I'm oral and could use it myself for emergencies. ;)

Get Nokia 6820, which is much same as 6800 but it come with bluetooth and built-in camera. Only if you can afford for 200 bucks after rebate (worth almost $400). ;)

uhh think of this illstruator theres no need to prressure anyone, let them decide for themselves what they want. IM going to get the blackberry in the next 6 months after the sales go down a bit. a friend got one and i looked at it and relize i can connect there and communicate and i did ask a tmoblie customer services it can go international SO im gonna plby get that! :) and i like my sidekick simple and for basic users too. so theres NOTHING wrong with plms ok??? everyone's bound to have that plm in every phones and PDA so let's lay off the pressure :)

javapride said:
uhh think of this illstruator theres no need to prressure anyone, let them decide for themselves what they want. IM going to get the blackberry in the next 6 months after the sales go down a bit. a friend got one and i looked at it and relize i can connect there and communicate and i did ask a tmoblie customer services it can go international SO im gonna plby get that! :) and i like my sidekick simple and for basic users too. so theres NOTHING wrong with plms ok??? everyone's bound to have that plm in every phones and PDA so let's lay off the pressure :)

Pressure? Oh No, it’s nothing do with “pressure” but we need feedback with our suggestion, information, opinions. I see nothing wrong with our opinions/information since we didn't say anything to bashing, flaming, or harassing against anyone but sharing our feedback information/tips, also websites, suggestion, opinion e.g, too. We has the right to open our opinions/information here for everybody to read. They CAN disagree to agree respectful whatever they like.

You know yourself that we should not hide every tips/suggestion/feedback/information/websites & also from newspapers, too because they are OPEN like this at everywhere like Internet, newspapers, news like that everyday. ;)

Last edited:
javapride said:

I got sidekick yesterday in the mail. I haven't chance to connect it with customer service. The part was missing to hold the chip on the side coverage it. Grrrrr I will go to T-Mobil store during lunch hour. I will play with my new toy. Hope, I will like my new sidekick.

My last day contract with Agotel on June 24, 2004.

liebling you do not know the difference in pressure and informative feedback, pressure is when illstrator said GET NOKIA its better, thats pressure. ok??? and informative feedback is talking abt why we like this and why we do not like this for a reason. we list the pros and cons thats why he was doing a bit of pressuring not abt information and reasons why he likes that model better than the other model ok ???

thanks thats all im pointing out and there is NO bashing or flaming here ok i was merely pointing this out thats all

ok, guys. i'd like to see both of you cool it, theres no need to jump the conclusions. some rather not to explain about device, some rather to. i guess some people are too lazy to explain lol.

anyway, if youre in school/business- i would say treo 600 fits that. i have one and its a pretty cool toy. unfortunately, i dont use it much because im not in school and i work all day, all week. i still like using it anyway. the only two cons i can now think of: buy AIM (not monthly payment, just buy it to install) and install your own regular email address in it. BUT, correct me if im wrong, i think i heard tmobile is working on their own email program in treo (@tmail.com). there are so many programs that could be very useful if you are in school/business.
my plan costs me $33 a month. battery needs to be recharge but lasts pretty long if you dont use much. my co-workers compared accessing to internet with their regular cellphones and my treo that it seemed faster than regualr cell phones. too many to list cuz treo has too much craps that i still dont even know what to use! lol i still love it, anyway. ;)

hey thanks e for posting that and i like that when u post that type I can uddy they just wanna be short some of us wants reasons. SO i ll be still researching ofc :) heh

javapride said:
liebling you do not know the difference in pressure and informative feedback, pressure is when illstrator said GET NOKIA its better, thats pressure. ok??? and informative feedback is talking abt why we like this and why we do not like this for a reason. we list the pros and cons thats why he was doing a bit of pressuring not abt information and reasons why he likes that model better than the other model ok ???

thanks thats all im pointing out and there is NO bashing or flaming here ok i was merely pointing this out thats all

umm... you didn't read from what Vampy said when he mention about Nokia 6800 and I tell him about 6820. There are two model of 68xx series. And it's Illustrator not illstrator. :lol:

illustrator said:
umm... you didn't read from what Vampy said when he mention about Nokia 6800 and I tell him about 6820. There are two model of 68xx series. And it's Illustrator not illstrator. :lol:

heh Sowwy for misspelling ur user name im not the world's best speller when it comes to saying someone's name give me some time ok ???

I uddy what u mean i may have over looked vamp's posting but ofc u know what ... all i say is let the poeple chose thier own type and ofc we would always give feedback but i don t like poeple pressuring poeple :) :cheers:

I agree -- the Blackberry is better (faster and more reliable email, smaller than Sidekick, lighter, longer battery life, 4 chat networks AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, and I can use IP-Relay!)

If you get all the extra services, it does cost a lot more than SideKick, but you get what you pay for!

See my post in the thread:
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=9045

javapride said:
heh Sowwy for misspelling ur user name im not the world's best speller when it comes to saying someone's name give me some time ok ???

I uddy what u mean i may have over looked vamp's posting but ofc u know what ... all i say is let the poeple chose thier own type and ofc we would always give feedback but i don t like poeple pressuring poeple :) :cheers:

Psst! Get Palm TUNGSTEN C :o
oops! I pressuring you!

Mark Rejhon said:
I agree -- the Blackberry is better (faster and more reliable email, smaller than Sidekick, lighter, longer battery life, 4 chat networks AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, and I can use IP-Relay!)

If you get all the extra services, it does cost a lot more than SideKick, but you get what you pay for!

See my post in the thread:
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=9045

I see 3mb service is 35.00 month how much to add voice plan ?

Depends on the carrier.

I'm using an unlimited plan, data-only.

A voice plan is not necessary if you use Lormar Logic Relay or MCI Wireless IP Relay. A voice plan is only necessary with an external TTY connected to the Blackberry.

I have been thinking of getting Blackberry. I was planning on getting Sidekick, but after hearing from some several of my friends, they had to get it replaced several times. (I know a person that got it replaced 7 times! and is still waiting for them (T-M) to send back the new replacement. Poor boy!) :) So my next thought is either Treo or Blackberry. Treo seems nice but I dont like the low resolution. I just went to AT&T Wireless to play with the blackberry, like it. Found Amazon, 7280 for $99 with all the rebates so I am leaning toward buying, but first have a quick question for all of you blackberry users... Which service providers are you guys using? AT&T? T-Mobile? Etc. And mark, you do not need to repeat about BES, I have been following your posts esp @ howardsomething.

illustrator said:
Psst! Get Palm TUNGSTEN C :o
oops! I pressuring you!

LoL :) You're getting funny sometimes :)

I offer no feedback because I have neither a sidekick or a blackberry. However, I did run into someone who has a blackberry and it saw it as rather .. er.. clunky? It reminds me of the piece of shyt I own, a deafwireless (better known as wyndtell) pager, just stretched and thinned out. I know nothing of its services, so this thread is good for me too. :) Good for you Nikesj, for bringing it up! :)

from what i heard, blackberry is strong and not breakable than sidekick is.. My husband likes to research on technology online and told me another day about it. even we don t have sidekick or blackberry.

Back