Blackberry with Front Facing camera - Video Conference!

This is going to be the perfect thing for us deafies. I hope the wireless speeds will be fast enough for our signing...

BlackBerry With Camera On The Front For Video Conferencing Due Out In Early 2010?

There had already been several phone with front face video camera for past 2-3 years but USA Cell Providers request manfacture to take out the front camera because they don't want customer using it to bog down their network.

HTC PDA did have front video camera and AT&T / Sprint / Tmoblie / Verzion would tell HTC to take front video camera out before they market it in USA.

I would not be surpised same AT&T / Sprint / Tmoblie / Verzion will tell Blackberry same thing do not put front video camera on USA version Blackberry devices but they will have it on for England or Japan or Germany markets etc.

There had already been several phone with front face video camera for past 2-3 years but USA Cell Providers request manfacture to take out the front camera because they don't want customer using it to bog down their network.

HTC PDA did have front video camera and AT&T / Sprint / Tmoblie / Verzion would tell HTC to take front video camera out before they market it in USA.

I would not be surpised same AT&T / Sprint / Tmoblie / Verzion will tell Blackberry same thing do not put front video camera on USA version Blackberry devices but they will have it on for England or Japan or Germany markets etc.

Both of Sprint and Verizon maybe to get phone with front facing camera after 4G releases.

I know others have it, and I don't care. I love Blackberry and I'm glad Blackberry is finally getting on the front camera bandwagon.

Well, I saw a mobile phone at Sears have front camera. I'm not sure which brand it is.. I believe it's Samsung, I don't know...:dunno:

Next-gen iPhone may be includes Front Facing camera next year?
I asked him what RIM planned to do if the iPhone were to have upgraded their hardware to include a front-facing camera. His response was “as I said before, we are fortunate to have our relationships with many different carriers, some of which can handle something like live video-conferencing”. In other words, he and his team weren’t worried about the iPhone launching front-facing video-chat so long as they are with AT&T. The last thing he said to me was “video conferencing is something that could completely change the mobile landscape and it is something we have been thinking about and working on for quite some time. You will start seeing something early next year”.

Back