Blackberry vs Sidekick pagers

Blackpaws76

Reaction score
I am just wondering if you have any problems with blackberry pagers or Sidekick pagers. For example, if you have blackberry pager and your friend have Sidekick pager, do you get your friend's email on time??

I have problem with that since my boss and I had been sending the message to each other. My boss have sidekick pager and I have blackberry pager. We had been getting the message from each other later like one hour or three hours later or the next day. And its strange because my husband have blackberry pager and I get his message on time. Blackberry pager to Blackberry pager works fine! Blackberry pagers to Sidekick Pagers don't get along but it should be because its both under T-Mobile!

Try Text! Text is quicker than E-mail. I don't remember if I had that problem in the past when we had BB. With SK, sometimes we have problem. But now we disconnected it for temporary. We are thinking about get BB Curve one day but not sure when. :)

Try Text! Text is quicker than E-mail. I don't remember if I had that problem in the past when we had BB. With SK, sometimes we have problem. But now we disconnected it for temporary. We are thinking about get BB Curve one day but not sure when. :)

Yes TEXT works okay! but I have limited messages for text monthly (300)! I love Blackberry Curve which I have now since December 2007 which I never had problem!!! I used to have sidekick pager and had so many problems with SK - SK had been down so many time and Curve never went down!
Be careful with Curve since Curve only give you 300 text messages (send/receive) for the plan for $29.99 monthly while Sidekick pagers is UNLIMITED on text message.

However you can order more than 300 text message but you will have to pay extra. 400 or 600 or Unlimited. Its depend how much you use text message.

SMS is also the problem to Sidekick.

Which provider did you use from (AT&T, Tmo, Spirit, etc)? It should be UNLIMITED. Call and find out.

Yes TEXT works okay! but I have limited messages for text monthly (300)! I love Blackberry Curve which I have now since December 2007 which I never had problem!!! I used to have sidekick pager and had so many problems with SK - SK had been down so many time and Curve never went down!
Be careful with Curve since Curve only give you 300 text messages (send/receive) for the plan for $29.99 monthly while Sidekick pagers is UNLIMITED on text message.

However you can order more than 300 text message but you will have to pay extra. 400 or 600 or Unlimited. Its depend how much you use text message.

I am just wondering if you have any problems with blackberry pagers or Sidekick pagers. For example, if you have blackberry pager and your friend have Sidekick pager, do you get your friend's email on time??

I have problem with that since my boss and I had been sending the message to each other. My boss have sidekick pager and I have blackberry pager. We had been getting the message from each other later like one hour or three hours later or the next day. And its strange because my husband have blackberry pager and I get his message on time. Blackberry pager to Blackberry pager works fine! Blackberry pagers to Sidekick Pagers don't get along but it should be because its both under T-Mobile!

you are not only one. it has been done for a year... i believe it is danger's server that runs emails for any sidekick mobiles. my friends with sidekick and i dont get these emails exchanged on time either. some are fed up with sidekicks apparently.

Which provider did you use from (AT&T, Tmo, Spirit, etc)? It should be UNLIMITED. Call and find out.

I use T-mobile plan for my blackberry curve. NO we have pay extra to get more messages (600 and 1000) or UNLIMITED text / sms messages for the blackberry pagers. Go to Unsupported Browser and click on PLANS. I know SK is unlimited. I called them and found out that Blackberry is NOT UNLIMITED after i got my bill for my pager and noticed that my bill went up so I called them and they told me that blackberry is not UNLIMITED. so I accepted that and watch how many messages left for the month since I am not complaining with my blackberry because it never went DOWN like SK go down all the time.

my plan is Individual Basic plan. Whenever Minutes is that we use for text/SMS or AIM. I don't use AIM on my pager anymore because they charge me for each send or receive. I don't complain about AIM since I use AIM most of time on the computer.

I don't use AIM on my pager anymore because they charge me for each send or receive. I don't complain about AIM since I use AIM most of time on the computer.

why dont you use jivetalk(beejive) if you have unlimited data plan? it is used on internet, not sms.

I don't use AIM on my pager anymore because they charge me for each send or receive. I don't complain about AIM since I use AIM most of time on the computer.
Don't use the T-Mobile software, download and install IM+ or JiveTalk on your BlackBerry. That way, you get unlimited AIM on T-Mobile that way.

Touchscreen Mobile phone rocks and takes over the world of BB! :rofl:

Yes, I know that. :P I don't see any keyboard so I assume it's a virtual keyboard like the iphone.

I use Sidekick and I've never really had problems with people receiving my emails... especially those with Blackberry.

If the email network is down, I use text messages... and those are good as well.

Now you see why I prefer Sidekick. ;)

T-Mobile Blackberry 8100g Pearl
GPRS/EDGE
Blackberry Internet Service $40.00 (39.99) dollars a month
T-mobile SMS Unlimited $15.00 (14.99) per month

Eh? I have tmobile Pearl, i get all of unlimited on texts, email and internet and blah blah, not need to describe it, obviously you know what it is. Its only cost me 40 bucks or am i being a spoiled?

Back