BlackBerry as Modem for Laptop

I am sorry to tell you that you got it wrong.

I have been a Rogers customer for more than nine years and I have used it sometimes.

OOpsie!! :funny:

:rofl2: ---> Foxtrac :giggle:

Hey, I'm not trying to start an argument :eek2: peace!!

Catty

I am sorry to tell you that you got it wrong.

I have been a Rogers customer for more than nine years and I have used it sometimes.

Don't get me wrong because Rogers website said so.

You never walked into any Rogers stores. I did it and then talked to them about it. :giggle:

:giggle: Why should I drive 1,000 miles to Canada from Kansas City, KS to check out Rogers. that's about 20 hours driving :giggle:

Catty

You never walked into any Rogers stores. I did it and then talked to them about it. :giggle:

I don't live in Canada.

I already know that wireless carriers in Canada isn't cheap, just in my opinion when come with price.

Your post doesn't give more detail about what you got from Rogers.

BlackBerry Curve as modem with laptop? Can I get by w/out having to pay for internet access for the laptop? Sounds like a great deal to combine cell and laptop costs, but will it work?
Jamt, Absolutely yes, I do often to use bb tether my netbook when somewhere isnt available for wifi/ hotspot..

Anyway it is slow speed than 56K. but i love it and have internet and chat via tethered BB better than nothing. Ha

Does anyone here have experience with using a BB 8300 tether, thru Tmobile service? I inquired at the local service desk at Tmobile and they told me it was difficult and cost prohibitive. I would like to use it when traveling but I'm afraid of the $$$$$$ charges.
Reba, Yeah I feeling you. dont listen retailer.. they try to scare c#@p out of you. I do using to tether bb to my netbook more often and it running for allday while cable internet brokendown itself. I called tmobile about tether effect billing up? they said no.. I was doubt what they said so.. Till I receive the bills by mail, I was like Ahhh I just pay 30 bucks for data plan. thats it.. I believed tmobile cc's words..

Thats why I love T-MO.

anyway I better getta out of this forum.. :)

Reba, Yeah I feeling you. dont listen retailer.. they try to scare c#@p out of you. I do using to tether bb to my netbook more often and it running for allday while cable internet brokendown itself. I called tmobile about tether effect billing up? they said no.. I was doubt what they said so.. Till I receive the bills by mail, I was like Ahhh I just pay 30 bucks for data plan. thats it.. I believed tmobile cc's words..

Thats why I love T-MO.

anyway I better getta out of this forum.. :)

Exactly, one of crackberry member state about t-mobile is only one carrier that is guarantee for not use tethering plan or overcharge, also I had helped Reba to set the tethering and it worked.

I use tetherberry to tethering my phone and it works, Verizon is unable to notice because of use cell phone data.

Welcome back to AD, man.

Exactly, one of crackberry member state about 1) t-mobile is only one carrier that is guarantee for not use tethering plan or overcharge, also 2) I had helped Reba to set the tethering and it worked.

I use tetherberry to tethering my phone and it works, Verizon is unable to notice because of use cell phone data.

Welcome back to AD, man.
Fox,

1) Yes that's exact right! Why I buy 3G USB high-speed data plan? I don't need one. Mm, I have the tethered BB for good enuff.

2) I am glad you helped her how to set the tethering..

Fox,

1) Yes that's exact right! Why I buy 3G USB high-speed data plan? I don't need one. Mm, I have the tethered BB for good enuff.

2) I am glad you helped her how to set the tethering..

Yup, I agree, I got around 1 mbps on download and peak at around 2 mbps when I was in city with around 200-400 ms ping, it's sounds like good to play World of Warcraft when you are on road.

For GSM carrier, I prefer tmobile over att mobility because att want me to pay $500 deposit due abuse on their network or not enough credit score so I decided to sticking with Verizon for long time, however I'm not avoid to use DSL from att because of different department and less or no deposit.

I had heard about tmobile will get 3G Blackberry, it called 9700 and I have BB 9630, upgraded from old BB 8330 in last July and loved it.

Back