Blackberry and Telecoils

DarrenD

Reaction score
My work might foist a Blackberry on me soon. Although I use a bluetooth neckloop, sometimes I have to use the telecoil with my 8525 to talk. Will the Bold work with telecoils? I'm hoping so because I think the Curve has keys too small for my fat fingers. :) The Pearl is out of the question.

We're on ATT and they want us to get our email quickly...ala Blackberry push mail.

Here is my experience so far with the CI telecoil and Blackberry Curve -

Blackberries work best when used the normal way (no program switching anywhere at all), without telecoil. If your HA/CI is on telecoil, the blackberry will produce a continuous buzzing sound, sort of radio interference; even if you are in a quiet room. Blackberry also has a feature called Hearing Aid Compatibility Mode (HT Mode). When you switch to this HT mode and your telecoil is on, it still wont work.

The reason is that Blackberries on AT&T run on GSM networks and they will continue emitting radio interferences. But if you try on Verizon Wireless or Sprint which is CDMA, the telecoil would probably work best. I use my Curve just the normal way, though I would love to use the telecoil, and I cant because I am stuck with AT&T.

This is just my experience; maybe it has really worked for other people.

I just got the Bold a few days ago and it works great on my hearing aid set on microphone. I have use the speakerphone and it worked well there too..

There is only one curve that have a strong T setting according the the HAC list. I dont recall which one it is ..

Has anyone out here had radio interference buzzing from using the CI telecoil program and the blackberry curve on GSM Network (AT&T) ?? I am finding it really hard to figure out why my blackberry and CI dont work on telecoil. Can someone help please?

i have a curve. the settings for it is M4/T4.

Back