BlackBerry 8700G

DeafCruise

Reaction score
Hey,

Is it worth to get BB 8700G along with plan $29.99 for unlimited web and email. Plus additional, 14.99 for unlimited text message for aim, yahoo, sms, etc.

BB 8700G costs 299.99 plus plans total $45.00 monthly. reasonable?

Thanks.

I was just at DeafNation St. Louis the other day and Sprint was offering Blackberry 7250s for $99.99 and a $29.99 a month unlimited data plan deal. That deal includes email, IM, internet, calendar, address books, and they said they were coming out with a new program for making telephone calls soon.

I've got one already, and they showed me some new tips and great ways to use it.

The 8700 doesn't seem to have that many features over a 7250. $45 for a data only plan sounds too much, but if you can afford it, go for it.

Dennis said:
I was just at DeafNation St. Louis the other day and Sprint was offering Blackberry 7250s for $99.99 and a $29.99 a month unlimited data plan deal. That deal includes email, IM, internet, calendar, address books, and they said they were coming out with a new program for making telephone calls soon.

I've got one already, and they showed me some new tips and great ways to use it.

The 8700 doesn't seem to have that many features over a 7250. $45 for a data only plan sounds too much, but if you can afford it, go for it.

txt/SMS including, also?

FreeWoman77 said:
txt/SMS including, also?

Not sure about 7250's.

But I know BBG 8870; web/email unlimited plan is 29.99 and including 300 free text messages. if you send text "hello" to someone, then reply back to you "hello, what's up" then it will counted as 2 messages up to 160 characters. If over 160 characters, then it will assess 3rd message. If you use up 300 text messages, then it will charge .10 cents per message for sending or received message. Text messages can be aim, yahoo, msn, icq, and SMS.

If you wanted unlimited text message, then it will be $14.99 monthly.

total $45 per monthly.. similar of sk 1&2 unlimited data on everything but for 29.99 monthly on sk only.

BBG looks sexy, but it might gonna kill average joe budget plan huh ? :)

EDGE said:
should use Sprint service, they offer nice feature - SMS to landline which you send text-message and it transfer to voice. Amazing, huh?

http://www.localtechwire.com/article.cfm?u=13837

It's a nice benefit to having a Sprint phone, sure, but I just tested it. You can only do two things when you send an Text to Voice message:

1) Call back this person

2) Send a pre-typed message like, "Yes" or "No" or "Thank you" in response.

I can't have a conversation via text like this. It's a great benefit when I have to send a short update to someone who isn't available via email, like, "Hi are you home now?" Sprint phones are great, but I'd still rather use relay to leave messages.

DeafCruise said:
Not sure about 7250's.

But I know BBG 8870; web/email unlimited plan is 29.99 and including 300 free text messages. if you send text "hello" to someone, then reply back to you "hello, what's up" then it will counted as 2 messages up to 160 characters. If over 160 characters, then it will assess 3rd message. If you use up 300 text messages, then it will charge .10 cents per message for sending or received message. Text messages can be aim, yahoo, msn, icq, and SMS.

If you wanted unlimited text message, then it will be $14.99 monthly.

total $45 per monthly.. similar of sk 1&2 unlimited data on everything but for 29.99 monthly on sk only.

BBG looks sexy, but it might gonna kill average joe budget plan huh ? :)

There's no charge with intsant messaging like AIM, MSN, YIM and ICQ but text messaging is different feature, only have limited and should pay it if more than 300.

TrippLA said:
There's no charge with intsant messaging like AIM, MSN, YIM and ICQ but text messaging is different feature, only have limited and should pay it if more than 300.

If you use the included AIM app you will be using the text messenging up to 300 included. If you get Yak-On or Ramble or others it will use data and be free.

I have TMO 8700g for one week and use Ramble. I think it was worth $300 plus $29.99 a month I paid.

Today, I spoke w/woman who working at Rogers.ca pager centre and told me about this pager.. Really extreme faster and smooth... data and download and text and much more.. Pretty cool but extreme expensive to buy it..

I told her , prefer wait til another a year... would be great.. btw I'm using 7280 blackberry.. Still good standing!

40/mo and 34bux for activation...

*pssst* I bought it from ebay.. (chuckles) save lot of bargin money!

Back