Black Squirrel

I once saw a grey squirrel in a tree holding a purple Easter egg that you fill with candy. The poor squirrel looked very confused about how to eat it. I wish I had a camera .

We put a tree house up one year for the birds - one of the gray squirrels made the hole bigger and moved in. He was really sweet just enjoying the breeze and the peanuts I left for him. I named him Luigi because he was always at my mother's basil plants....I miss my animals....the worst part of living in a condo is you lose all the animals from your back yard....

We put a tree house up one year for the birds - one of the gray squirrels made the hole bigger and moved in. He was really sweet just enjoying the breeze and the peanuts I left for him. I named him Luigi because he was always at my mother's basil plants....I miss my animals....the worst part of living in a condo is you lose all the animals from your back yard....

You should move to my condo , we have wild turkeys , rabbit , deer, foxes coyotes and squirrels. I saw 3 turkeys a few days ago. There a lot animals before the field was plowed down .

Sometimes black squirrels confuse me with skunks in the dark. :Ohno:

All we have here are hillbilly squirrels

slide_201135_543110_small.jpg

In my neighborhood, they are mostly grey or brown. However, in DC you are more likely to see the black and white ones. Close regions but different squirrels.

I hope that squirrel had a building permit. LOL! I have neighbors who have flowers pot on their deck and the husband kept finding dirt right next the flower pots . He would clean the mess and the next day there would dirt on the floor, my neighbor looked inside the flowers and found nuts! Another neighbor feeds the squirrels walnuts and the squirrels where burring the nus in the flower pots for the winter . The squirrel must be one Steinhauer squirrels cousins .

I used to see black squirrels in my old home, which I really love, and red ones too - the red squirrels are smaller and man are they fast....and feisty....:eek3:

Laura

i belive they indigenous to uk or they would be if grey chaps not knocked them out....some grey ones got red tinge

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV4Bo7I6Ztk]$30.00 Squirrel-Bird Feeder Solution catapult - YouTube[/ame]

:lol:

See just how much Olney, IL values those white squirrels.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCvXrG6mdng]Albino squirrels in Olney - Wildlife on One - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZlu0RciMU0]The day I saved a ground squirrel from drowning - YouTube[/ame]

We have just the gray squirrels although I one time saw a black squirrel in my back yard. He must have been passing thru.

We got all kinds of squirrels here; black, grey, red, brown and light brown. Never seen a white one though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t4YHQtPgnE]Squirrel Cyril - super smart logic solution to peanut challenge - YouTube[/ame]

When we visit family in Michigan, all we see is red squirrels. They look quite different from our SC gray squirrels.

Here in Chicago, all we mainly see are the grey ones.The black ones aren't seen around the city that often, but one could probably find them in the suburbs, though. As for the white ones, no other town but Olney has such a large population, although when I lived down south many years ago, I would occasionally see a white one, but it was a rare sight outside of Olney.

I saw a small animal a few nights ago , it about the size of a cat and had roundish ears and a tail ,it was dark out so I could not see the color of it. it was not a raccoon I had a flashlight and shined it on the animal face and it had no mask on. I have no idea what it was.

Back