Black pastors bash NAACP for endorsing gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you're attempting to sweep this under the rug. It must be a very inconvenient truth. Why don't we put in a complete sentence, yes?

"If the fetus you save is gay, will you still fight for its [gay] rights?"

Yep the t-shirt refers to both....hence my statement....there is really no connection. :ugh:

Yep the t-shirt refers to both....hence my statement....there is really no connection. :ugh:

Perhaps you thought the context was abortion but it isn't. It was about gay marriage. That's where I got the pix from. The supporter was pointing out the hypocrisy and irony from other side.

551797_419165981448003_174612345903369_1245144_1990868145_n.jpg

Yup, that why about sex orientation is from birth, not choice.

I started liked boy when I was 4 years old and stared at some men in old time.

Perhaps you thought the context was abortion but it isn't. It was about gay marriage. That's where I got the pix from. The supporter was pointing out the hypocrisy and irony from other side.

Umm....And I am saying there is no connection....thus no hypocrisy. :) How could any hypocrisy and irony be pointed out if the context only included one side? :laugh2:

Umm....And I am saying there is no connection....thus no hypocrisy. :) How could any hypocrisy and irony be pointed out if the context only included one side? :laugh2:

like I said.... the context was gay marriage. if you want to talk about abortion, there's a different thread for it.

like I said.... the context was gay marriage. if you want to talk about abortion, there's a different thread for it.

Actually this tread isn't even about gay marriage but rather the Pastors vs NAACP. However you brought in the pic of the t-shirt which attempts to say being pro-life but anti gay rights is hypocritical. And notice that shirt is about "rights" not "marriage" so you are wrong on that.

But the point is the shirt misses and as does your argument about context....you see, you can't really point to something as hypocritical with out pointing to the hypocritical comment/action. ie. To say Jim Bob is a hypocrite because he says "everyone should do their part to save fuel" would make no sense unless you put it in context by pointing out that Jim Bob likes to go 4 wheelin' on weekends. It's the opposing action that gives the statement context.

But anyway, you are correct, we are way off topic.

Actually this tread isn't even about gay marriage but rather the Pastors vs NAACP.
for endorsing gay marriage... which is the main spotlight of this thread.

However you brought in the pic of the t-shirt which attempts to say being pro-life but anti gay rights is hypocritical. And notice that shirt is about "rights" not "marriage" so you are wrong on that.
yes.... their rights to gay marriage and everything. since you don't really know exactly what the author's message and intention was behind that tshirt... I'm not quite wrong on this part but like I told you.... that picture was found in the context of gay marriage.

But the point is the shirt misses and as does your argument about context....you see, you can't really point to something as hypocritical with out pointing to the hypocritical comment/action. ie. To say Jim Bob is a hypocrite because he says "everyone should do their part to save fuel" would make no sense unless you put it in context by pointing out that Jim Bob likes to go 4 wheelin' on weekends. It's the opposing action that gives the statement context.

But anyway, you are correct, we are way off topic.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

for endorsing gay marriage... which is the main spotlight of this thread.

Because it got off topic. :lol:

yes.... their rights to gay marriage and everything. since you don't really know exactly what the author's message and intention was behind that tshirt... I'm not quite wrong on this part but like I told you.... that picture was found in the context of gay marriage.

Yet....it says "rights"

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Yeah.....that's about context too. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/If-t...ou-still-fight-for-its-rights/166963143317659

If the fetus you save is gay, will you still fight for its rights?
A [largely rhetorical] question for anti-choicers

There's something I've been wondering about: Anti-choicers (or "pro-lifers" as they call themselves) who stick their noses where they don't belong, i.e., in other people's business regarding unwanted pregnancies, and fight for the rights of the unborn...um, what would these same folks feel if the fetus they save is gay?

They're dedicated to abolishing the choice of abortion, and among their reasons is that they're fighting for the rights of someone [the unborn] who cannot do that for themselves. That's lovely...but I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of anti-choicers are also homophobes, anti-gay marriage, anti-gay equality, etc.

So what happens if they manage to "save" an innocent unborn baby from abortion, and then that baby turns out to be gay? Are they going to hang around and fight for its rights? I doubt it.

With all this in mind, SmartAssProducts.com came up with a line of pro-choice merchandise that's also pro-gay: If the fetus you save is gay, will you still fight for its rights?

I really like this because it addresses one of the biggest hypocrisies in the so-called "pro-life" movement. If they're so concerned with other people's rights, where are they when those innocent little unborn babies grow up to be gay? Somehow, I seriously doubt I'll ever see any anti-choice zealots protesting unfair treatment of gays...

there you go, TXGolfer. It's referring to its gay rights and gay marriage.... not abortion.

Umm....what? :laugh2: Thanks for proving me right. :lol: Pro choice was the primary meaning.....then "also pro-gay"

With all this in mind, SmartAssProducts.com came up with a line of pro-choice merchandise that's also pro-gay: If the fetus you save is gay, will you still fight for its rights?

I already did in Post #522.

actually - I asked a question first.

Lets see.

In numerical order 514 comes before 522

Post #522 does NOT contain the words: abortion, murder, yes nor no

You are not getting an answer from me because of this

Is this your way of saying: "Abortion is murder"

GAOY: no I'm not going off topic, just asking a question of clarification of a post.

Lets see.

In numerical order 514 comes before 522

Post #522 does NOT contain the words: abortion, murder, yes nor no

You are not getting an answer from me because of this

You don't insert the question mark so that why he didn't answer.

In bold, if it was question, Jiro said NO!

You don't insert the question mark so that why he didn't answer.

In bold, if it was question, Jiro said NO!

Oh yeah.... Without the "?" it was totally unclear that was a question. Lol

Both are religions. Both Koran and Bible are holy books. Religious people oppose gay marriage because of those books which are very old. The books are useful to help people keeping up their faith. That's it. IMO, it's wrong to use the Bible to oppose gay marriage and other issues like abortion. Again, times change. Accept it.

Yes in fact times do change but God's Word (The Bible) never changes! Still the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow! Still applicable too! Good for daily guidance and what ails you! That's a promise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back