Black Friday Worker Stampeded to Death

Exactly. It is sad indeed when the value of a purchase is taken into consideration before the value of a person. It seems that American values are very twisted.

they sure are. the world certainly isn't the same as it used to be 20 or 30 years ago.

Wal-Mart death preventable, union says

THERE WE GO! Wal-mart should be held criminally-liable for this!

Yup u got your wish. :cheers:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Two customers are suing Wal-Mart for negligence after being injured in a mad rush for post-Thanksgiving bargains that left one store employee dead, the men's attorney said Tuesday.

Temporary Wal-Mart worker Jdimytai Damour, 34, was crushed to death as he and other employees attempted to unlock the doors of a store on Long Island at 5 a.m. Friday.

Attorney Kenneth Mollins said Fritz Mesadieu and Jonathan Mesadieu were "literally carried from their position outside the store" and are now "suffering from pain in their neck and their back from being caught in that surge of people" that rushed into the Wal-Mart.

New York Newsday reported that the Mesadieus are father and son, ages 51 and 19.

The lawsuit alleges that the Mesadieus' injuries were a result of "carelessness, recklessness, negligence."

In a claim against the Nassau County police department, the men also contend that they "sustained monetary losses as a result of health care and legal expenses ... in the sum of $2 million."

"This is a tragic situation that could have and should have been avoided with the exercise of reasonable care. There are very simple measures that could have been put in place to avoid this, such as barriers along the line to spread people out, extra security and a better police presence," Mollins said.
Customers injured in crush suing Wal-Mart - CNN.com

I think Black Friday should be outlawed, period!

I hate crowds, so I will NEVER go out shopping on Black Friday, ever. Crowds bother me and make me very nervous. I don't like being around a lot of people. Thank goodness for online shopping! :roll:

I agree! That why I hate f'ing Black Friday! It can kiss my ...! I love Amazon! I not like eBay due to terrible Paypal practices.

I never go to Black Friday in my life, because I am personally not morning
person. One time, my mother bought a Gamecube back in the way 2001,
my mother was waiting in the line for Gamecube launch, she has no problems from Target. Thanks goodness that doesn't happen to my mother and customers
in my area.

Originally Posted by Jolie77
It's kinda sad to see how people are behaving like this, just so they can save a little of their money. Sure, Sales may be great for some penny pinchers but really, it isn't the end of the world. It just amazes me to see how these shoppers are acting like it's end of the world and going berserk just so they can get the things on sale. :roll:

Yeah, It only happen once a year, right? That's why they are acting like this. Some people can't wait for another year to come...

Yes, I agree with you on that one, Jolie but Nathan's post got me wondering...

Do there're between 30% and 70% discount special offer in every shops for the whole 2 weeks in summer and winter (after New Year Day) in America?

We don't have black Friday like that here in Germany and Europe countries but just special offer for 2 weeks twice a year...

The description in most posts about Black Friday sound awfully to me... I don't like it.. I would NEVER go if I am in USA. It's sad that the people were being shoot to kill or killed because of this...

The description in most posts about Black Friday sound awfully to me... I don't like it.. I would NEVER go if I am in USA. It's sad that the people were being shoot to kill or killed because of this...

only 3 got shot..... out of 1000000000000000000000000000 shoppers...

Im pretty sure that the government is probably going to start heavily regulating black Friday and the stores that participate in it, especially since this one resulted in a death and a lawsuit against a major US company.

Who knows, they may start requiring participating stores to obtain a permit of some sort and provide the local PD a plan of how they will handle the massive amount of shoppers and their course of action should someone become injured or killed.

Obviously, no one wants to have to plan for a death, but in this case stores may have to. That's sad especially when it pertains to Christmas.

That is a cultural phenomena. The result of living in a singularly based culture instead of a collectively based culture. Those in a collectively based culture would determine that success is only possible through your interconnectedness with others and the absence of greed.

whatever the hell that meant ^ I'll stick to my statement, thank you.

Yes, I agree with you on that one, Jolie but Nathan's post got me wondering...

Do there're between 30% and 70% discount special offer in every shops for the whole 2 weeks in summer and winter (after New Year Day) in America?

We don't have black Friday like that here in Germany and Europe countries but just special offer for 2 weeks twice a year...

No, It's not just the whole 2 weeks in every shops here for the summer and winters. Black Friday is always known as the biggest sales of the year which happens the day after Thanksgiving.

Most of the time, Some stores will advertise for a huge blowout sales which usually happens after each holidays (Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc) or before/after an event, for instance, Super Bowl is one of them.

Also, There are variety of sales that goes on through out the year given the time of the store's choice to pick up on the sales.

Ah, So the sales/special offers only happens for 2 weeks twice a year in Germany and Europe? When does that usually happen?

only 3 got shot..... out of 1000000000000000000000000000 shoppers...

You alway said like this in different threads... :roll:

From now, I will count your post to know how many shots ...

No, It's not just the whole 2 weeks in every shops here for the summer and winters. Black Friday is always known as the biggest sales of the year which happens the day after Thanksgiving.

Yes, I notice it... we don't have Black Friday like that here in Germany and Europe countries.

Most of the time, Some stores will advertise for a huge blowout sales which usually happens after each holidays (Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc) or before/after an event, for instance, Super Bowl is one of them.

Yes, it does same here in Germany... depend on different stores...

Also, There are variety of sales that goes on through out the year given the time of the store's choice to pick up on the sales.

Ah, So the sales/special offers only happens for 2 weeks twice a year in Germany and Europe? When does that usually happen?

Yes, soon after summer school holiday begin and after between Xmas/New Year Eve begin between 20% and 70% discount special offer for 2 weeks twice a year. I prefer to go shop anytime for 2 whole weeks or search online with discount what I want than get up by 4 am and wait line to grab something for one day... stress...

It won't be long before those same people are all happy when the gifts they got on that day are opened by their joyful relatives, gifts they got at the expense of someone's life that they took away under their feet. :(

Yes, soon after summer school holiday begin and after between Xmas/New Year Eve begin between 20% and 70% discount special offer for 2 weeks twice a year. I prefer to go shop anytime for 2 whole weeks or search online with discount what I want than get up by 4 am and wait line to grab something for one day... stress...

Interesting. Well, Since Black Friday is only for a day but there are a lot of sales that continues from that day until Christmas. A lot of times, we will see stores with various sales during that time of the year.

Oh and also, After Christmas, they always have a HUGE sales and the reason they do that is because they want to get rid of the leftovers (stuffs that were not sought to be bought during the sales before christmas).

It's not bad waking up at 4 am for one time a year but indeed, it can be a little bit hectic with a lot of people being high-strung trying to get things they want all at once.

Today, We had a mandatory "safety meeting." The store manager came in and went over all the safety rules that we need to follow. I have no doubt that is cause of what happened on Black Friday.

Even though you stock shelves at 2 am with coffee in your system and the store has maybe 3 customers at that time of day?

Of course, I do feel for you, you probably had to work over on Black Friday didnt you?

Back